“Lovely Hotel”

Ranked #59 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Boca Raton, Florida
“Lovely Hotel”
Reviewed 26 August 2012

This is a lovely hotel that has been recently renovated. The cafe and cappuccino bar make delicious items. The pool area is quite nice, although a bit crowded, and has a beautiful view of the Mediterranean. It is walking distance to many local eateries, coffee shops, and stores. The staff is very friendly and helpful and I would definitely stay here again. The breakfast and lunch buffets were delicious and had so many choices that it was not possible to even try every item. The buffet and seating overlook the beach and Med. It's very beautiful!!

Room Tip: Our room was on the 18th floor east side of the building and the view was spectacular!!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Crieff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Our company just began using this hotel for our overnights. As a pilot it travel a lot and stay in some pretty good hotels so here's my impression.

Rooms are reasonably sized and have ( above the 6th floor ) balconies with sea views. A/c is great though the corridors don't seems to be cooled but that's not really a problem. Modern fixtures and a nice LCD tv.

The hotel is right on the beach ,plus , but that also means right on a busy street. So if you are othe balconey traffic noise is an issue during the day. Room is quiet if the door is closed and nights on the balcony are quiet as the traffic dies down. The beach is right there and a nice pool. My room overlooks the marina which is heaven for a sailor.

Staff are very friendly and helpful. The Club room on the 17th floor has great views over the sea , snacks and drinks and attentive staff.

This is not a five star hotel but for what it is I give it five stars. I'd be happy to stay here with my family on holiday

Room Tip: Try to get the beach side away from the road.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Hotel was not of a good standard. Our room was booked several months ago and when we arrived they said the hotel was full and they will try and sort a room for us and will send us a sms when ready. I was disappointed asa they knew well in advance that we were arriving and staying for 4 nights.
We eventually got a room after 3pm and I lay on the bed and the pillows smelled of someone having been sick so I phoned housekeeping and they brought some others but I still felt they were not as clean as they should be.
The breakfast was ok but the service was poor and I got my tea after I finished my breakfast. I would ask someone for something and instead of doing it immediately they served other people. As you can read I was not thrilled with this hotel and the pool area was so crowded you could not find a chair. People put things on chairs to keep the chairs and then went to breakfast. I don't think we shall return to this hotel as there are many more hotels on the sea front to choose from. Also we like a high floor and they put us on the 2nd floor.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor--sea facing and modern
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
FattalM, Guest Relations Manager at Herods Tel Aviv, responded to this review, 26 August 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your constructive feedback regarding your stay at the Herods Tel Aviv, it was unfortunate to learn that we did not meet your expectations.
Our housekeeping department does it's best to prepare and inspect the rooms before being delivered. We deeply apologize if the pillows were not delivered to our standards.
Presuming you ordered a Deluxe room, they are located between floors 1 to 6. If possible we try upgrading guests and fulfilling there requests.
Unfortunately August is one of the busiest seasons in Tel Aviv and the hotel has been fully booked the last 3 weeks.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience that has occurred during your stay with us and would be very happy to see you visit us again very soon in order to provide you with a rewarding experience.
I would like to invite you to return to the hotel when ever you wish at a very special rate, with personal attention to all details for a rewording experience.
Should you wish to return, please contact me at meravye@fattal.co.il

Best Regards,
Merav Yechezkel

Guest Relations Manager,
Herods Tel Aviv Hotel
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Had to wait until after 1am with many requests to get the interleading door to our kids room unlocked,they dont tell you but theres no parking instead they very rudely tell you go down the road and get parking elswhere??? At breakfast one of the staff made my 9yr old daughter cry by shouting rudely at her when all she asked is for olives on her eggs.in short terrible service andextremely rude staff.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
1 Thank AlKayvac
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2012

We were 8 and took 3 rooms in August . The hotel was generally clean and staff were professional and helpfull. Rooms were good size & clean. The bath room was a bit dated and good do with a face lift. Some small hick ups, like towels were not being left etc, but they quickly corrected and even sent us a complimantry wine & fruits.
Considering other hotels of similar grade, it was fantastic value for money.

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2012

I have stayed at various hotels on the Tel Aviv Beach Strip, but my stay at the Herods was exceptionally satisfying. The Hotel was recently redone in the style of "Old Tel Aviv", which creates a nostalgic ambiance throughout the hotel. The staff members were all very friendly and eager to please you; On various occasions I was approached by a staff member who simply wanted to ask if there was anything I needed. In addition to the great customer service, the hotel offers a delicious breakfast and a salt water pool with easy access to the beach. Needless to say, I had a wonderful stay in the Herods and am already planning my next trip there.

1 Thank Liat B
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I Usually do not make a comment in any regard when I travel although I feel the need to recognize the amazing customer service and caring this Hotel provides!! I have been to the Herods on more than 1 occasion and all my needs have been met without delay or interruption to my layover. I will continue to stay there every time i travel to Tel Aviv and will only advertise it to my friends and colleagues. I would like to point out two great ladies that work for the hotel, Hila Ramot that used to work at the reception area and to my knowledge now was promoted to manage the Traklin on the 17th floor and for good reason. Merav, whom really seems to be out there with the people throughout the hotel does a wonderful job as well, not too mention a smile on all occasions really does allow me to feel that things are done genuinely.
I must say and i travel quite often to many hotels all over the world, this hotel is a diamond on the best strip in the world. Thanks you for the upgrades, renovations, and most importantly the new found professionals running the show.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business