“A perfect present”
Review of Herods Tel Aviv

Herods Tel Aviv
Ranked #60 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed 20 November 2012

My hasband decided to make a present on my BD and organised a 3-days trip to Israel, I needed to find only Hotel. The target was to find a good Hotel on the beach. There are a lot of them, but I have a friend of mine who lives there for few years and she said that this one is just after renovation and a good from quality/value point of view.

I booked a club room on breakfast basis. After a check in we were given a connected room on the 18th floor without a minibar. It was late at night and we didn’t hear any noise from the other door. But we did in the morning! I went on the reception to change a room with arguments that we are a couple and came without a baby just for 3 days to live in a connected room… The room was changed, with a minibar which was really strange (I gave a deposit of $300 by cash – probably that’s the reason? Didn’t want to use any card there, just cash).

The rooms are with sea views, well equipped. I can’t say that they look like after renovation but all is fine, no complains at all (I haven’t seen the other Hotels). You should just keep in mind that all the buildings were built in 70-80s and will never be ruined to build the new, just renovations inside the hotels. New regions in Tel-Aviv already much far from the shore line.

Breakfasts were great, especially good choice of fresh cheese. A lot of just-baked croissants and various rolls. During the daytime we used Lounge – our rate included snacks there. Very nice, welcome staff, always ready to help, internet. Very cozy atmosphere and it was enough for lunch.

Sea…. I’m in love with it! Warm, beautiful, blue shoreline, a lot of young people playing their national game like ping-pong (was afraid to get one in my head), fresh drinks from a nearby café. Is it possible to wish something better on your BD together with your husband after 10 years together? Just perfect, no other words.

We wanted to find a good restaurant to celebrate my BD and were advised one, saying that this is really 100% Israel. But when we came there were a lot of people, talking with each other, with a turn of 10 people outside and it looked like a real place to have fun. But we wanted something romantic and found with the help of my friend who was sitting in Moscow :))). There are not so many luxury places, so don’t look for it. Choose smth with good kitchen like “Bocaccio” on Hayrakon street. Very tasty!

We ordered a private excursion for the next day to Jerusalem, the lady near reception helped us a lot. Thanks to her! Absolutely perfect, interesting and went where we wanted and not where the others want.

The last day was my loveliest – as you know, Israel is the third in the world dealing with diamonds. And it was again my husband’s present. I’ve got one, with very good characteristics. The guide told us that all the people who visited Israel once will definitely come back again and again. We are so much in love with Tel-Aviv! Planned to go there again pretty soon with our boy but postponed due to actions there.

Room Tip: Club rooms, upper floors with a good view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LyudProf
There are newer reviews for Herods Tel Aviv

Reviewed 18 November 2012

I cannot say enough about this Hotel!!! Even during the hectic and stressful times that we are going through in Israel and in Tel Aviv with the conflict this hotel is so well planned out and keep us informed with everything we need to do in the case of Sirens heading our way! Again the people in charge here care about the guests and are simply pleasant, second to none, you need to book a reservation and see things from where I stand!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Allon Y
FattalM, Guest Relations Manager at Herods Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2012

Dear Allon,
Thank you very much for your reviews, it is always a pleasure to hear a nice feedback from our returning guests. It’s our privilege to host you and
your crew members in our hotel.
This is our duty to be well organized and to keep you updated with all the vital information during these times.
I am happy to know that we have met your expectations.
I am looking forward to see you all soon.
Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 18 November 2012

This was my 3 rd time at this hotel in tel aviv , and I must say due to work I stay at a lot of hotels , never writing a review, but this time I just had to.
The service minded mentality of this establishment is to its perfection, their main goal, as it should be is the guests comfort ,can recommend it with the highest expectations , and you won't be disappointed :)

Room Tip: As I said , I have stayed several times in different room styles and each one was great !!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Dear Ayelet,
We thank you very much for your positive rewiew. It is always great to hear from returning guests.
We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.our guest comfort is in our top priority list and we are very happy to know that we have met your expectations.
It was my personal pleasure to meet you in person and I am looking forward to host you again in our Hotel.

Reviewed 16 November 2012

How much will we forgive for good, (make that 'great') service? The room I was in; (third floor) was a suite, though perhaps in need of a little t.l.c. (and hot water, though my colleagues did not suffer the same) Spacious, well lit with a small balcony over-looking the beach it was, despite that, a lovely spot. The major plus is the staff though. Merva, the manager, is obviously determined to make Herods shine and no request appeared to much fro either her, or her staff everywhere from reception and restaurant to the gym. Also if you're a fan of splendid food, welcome to paradise.

Room Tip: Marva, the manager tells me the top floors have recently been refurbished as will the lower five, (o...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
FattalM, Guest Relations Manager at Herods Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

Dear Anthony,
Thank you very much for finding the time to write your review .we are delighted to know that you have found our staff vivid & the food splendid.
The slogan at the Fattal Hotel chain is: “hospitality is all about love” and we are pleased to see the hotel staff bringing this slogan into life.
The top floors have been refurbished indeed. we are planning on renovating the lower floors very soon. thank you for pointing out the necessity to us.
It was my pleasure to meet you in person and I am looking forward for having the opportunity of welcoming you again so you will be able to enjoy the result of our further
refurbishments.
Sincerley Yours,

Reviewed 12 November 2012

My wife and I stayed at Herods hotel for 7 days in Oct .this year.We booked an executive room but on arrival we were upgraded to a club room on the 16th floor complete with the disability equiped bathroom we had requested.We booked Herods having made extensive enquieries and chose it on the basis of location, facilities and price.We were not disappointed.The staff were uniformly gracious,attentive and informative from the doorman who lifted my mobility scooter into taxis daily to the manager of the club lounge Hila and the P.R.person Marev who ensured constantly that we were enjoying ourselves and taking advantage of the hotel's facilities.
The rooms were clean and reasonably sized.The breakfasts were extravagant even by Isreal's standards.The dinner Buffet was good and the Friday night dinner was exceptionally good.
The club lounge proved to be a great asset.The lounge staff were most attentive and created a relaxed atmosphere,the day long snacks were constantly replenished and the 2 computers with free internet access,a pleasant surprise.
The only downside was the lack of access from the pool area to the promenade and beach.Most of the time the gate was locked forcing a circuitous route.
Well done Herods and we look forward to our next stay with you,

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
FattalM, Guest Relations Manager at Herods Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2012

Dear Mr and Mrs Vallance,
Thank you very much for your kind words.It is especially kind of you to take the time to let other travelers know of your good experiences;
Your kind comments will be relayed to the department managers as well as the staff.
It was my personal pleasure to meet you both every morning.
We are Thanking you once again and look forward to welcoming you back to the Herods Tel Aviv

Reviewed 12 November 2012

Our holiday at the Herod hotel was simply magical. The room and vue were incredible and everyone from the club lounge on the 17th floor was amazing. They made us feel so at home and we were so well looked after, the service was superb. The service was absolutely world class. A very big thank you to Yossi, Hila and Merav. You all went out of your way for us, they are lucky to have you and we cannot wait for our next visit. We would recommend this choice to even the most discerning traveller with the highest standards and expectations, you will not be dissappointed.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Stay was terrific due to the graciousness of Hila Ramot and Yossi Nissan who were so delightful
when I met friends in your club lounge on 17th Floor ... They were so helpful in sharing things to do and see in Tel Aviv ...

Thank you so much and be sure to say hello to them again!
Diane Diehl
Stayed last week October 2012

Room Tip: All rooms are good!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business