“Five Stars With Challenges Noted”

Sheraton Tel Aviv Hotel
Ranked #43 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed 24 December 2012

Stayed here for a few nights while visiting Israel. I had a wonderful time staying here and wanted to pass along a few thoughts that might help others who are looking for a hotel in Tel Aviv.

1. The biggest downside of the hotel is that, although it has a prime location, it is wedged between two busy streets. It would be nice if it were directly on the beach, but you must cross a street to get to the boardwalk/beach area. In my stay, I never really noticed the streets, but I mention this for those who may worry about busy streets. It is also not a new property. If you are looking for brand new, this is not.

2. My room was only of average size, but very comfortable. The housekeeping staff, whom I never encountered during the day, kept the room spotlessly clean. Every evening when I returned, it was like a new room.

3. The guest/private area on the 17th/18th floor of the hotel was a great place to read, but also meet other guests. The food, drinks, and service in this area were second to none. I booked two tours using the concierge service here. It was easy, and the ladies who assisted me were exceedingly friendly.

4. Breakfast downstairs was a massive spread. This was a highlight. I never had to worry about skimpy tour lunches because breakfast was always a feast. The buffet featured everything from common American cereals to unique egg dishes. There was plenty of cheese, fresh fruit, breads, and a variety of coffee options. As a side note, I had the best glass of orange juice in my life here.

5. All the common areas and lobby are bright and clean. I tend to notice cobwebs and cut corners where cleaning is concerned. The Sheraton obviously takes pride in keeping the place clean. It was also nice that you never really saw people cleaning (mop buckets, vacuum cleaner cords, etc.) during peak morning or evening times.

6. The hotel also has a nice bar that has a special wine tasting for Israel wines three nights a week, along with a couple of high end jewelry/specialty shops off of the lobby.

While the Sheraton Tel Aviv is in a busy setting and definitely not a brand new hotel property, service, comfort, and quality
are abundant here.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank mbc421
sheratonTelAviv, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2012

Dear mbc421:
Thank you so much for the detailed and positive review of our hotel.
We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the Sheraton Tel Aviv. It was a great pleasure to hear that you found an abundance of service, comfort and quality during your stay with us.
We thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Tel Aviv Hotel

Reviewed 23 December 2012

I was very satisfied with the accommodation. The hotel was clean, loved the location, and the service. The food was delicious and there was a wide variety to choose from for breakfast. The hotel is about 15 minutes walk from the Carmel Market and is in walking distance to the many shops and restaurants. The hotel is across the street from the Mediterranean Sea and if you are lucky, you may just see a beautiful sunset from your room. The hotel however needs to have a better access to the beach and to refurbish the pool. I would return to this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear TravelwK:
Thank you for the positive review of our hotel. It was ncie to hear that you enjoyed the service, delicious food and the beautiful sunset from your room.
Thank you so much for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you soon in the near future.

Reviewed 20 December 2012

i stayed in the sheraton tel aviv over the last week while i was in Israel. the proximity to the beach although it was a bit chilly this time of year is great. watching sunsets from your view to the beach is amazing. The concierge was very helpful in finding us activities to do in the area, the bell station will do anything you ask. the front desk to say the least knows how to treat their customers with the utmost respect possible. Considering that i was Platinum with SPG, there was one night where i didnt get my Platinum suite upgrade, they sent us a dead sea lotion package to our room and thanked us for udnerstanding, but then the next day when i retured they had a beautiful tower suite ready for us.

i reccomentd this hotel to anyone staying in the Tel Aviv area!

Room Tip: try and get a view to the ocean
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
sheratonTelAviv, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2012

Dear josephA:
We were delighted to receive your kind compliments regarding our service staff during your recent stay at the Sheraton Tel Aviv.
Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Tel Aviv.

Reviewed 19 December 2012

I went to Israel for my bar mitzvah. On the way to Jerusalem, we stopped in Tel Aviv because that's where my father was born. We stayed at the Sheraton overnight, only because my father had good memories of him passing by the hotel. Anyway, the rooms are about the same as a hotel attached to an airport. 2 beds, a small chair, and a small washroom. The location was great. Right next to the beach, it's just across the street. Everything about the rest of the hotel was average.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ryan K

Dear RyanK:
Thank you for your feedback taking the time to post your comments. First of all I would like to take this opportunity to wish you Mazal Tov on your recent bar mitsva.
We are pleased to read that you enjoyed the hotel's location which is right on the beach, however you found the rooms small. The hotel features 24 spectacular suites for guests who wish to upgrade their accommodations at an additional price.
Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 12 December 2012 via mobile

I'll start with the good things I have to say:
1.right on the beach so if you are in Israel for laying on the beach- it's good
2. Service And front desk are really helpful
The bad:
1. Old hotel- I think they should refurbish ASAP- it just looks old and outdated
2. Location- if you're in Israel for a business trip- this is far from any offices and the transportation is horrible( taxis take ages as the street is very busy)
Overall- really wouldn't recommend it(unless there is a really good deal)

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank 223Lee223
sheratonTelAviv, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2012

Dear 223Lee223:
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments.
We were pleased to read that the hotel is right on the beach is good for those laying o the beach, as well as the service and front office staff were helpful.
We are always improving our product for our guests’ enjoyment, and are pleased to inform you that we will be upgrading a few floors next year. Our swimming pool is being renovated and we will open a stunning new poolside in March 2013.
We thank you for staying with and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

We have been in thew past in different hotels in Tel-Aviv ,but without doubt the Sheraton and Towers is the best.
Excelent service. Very service minded staff.
Nice rooms ,very good food and a nice spa facilities.
Very good location on the boulevard of Tel-Aviv
I should recommand to pay a supplement for a tower room with excess to the lounge on the 18th floor

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steven O
sheratonTelAviv, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2012

We were delighted to hear that you found our hotel to be the best, and that you enjoyed your excellent service, good food, nice room, and spa. Thank you for your kind compliments regarding our staff.
They work exceptionally hard to make every guest feel special.
Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 8 December 2012

This hotel is not worth the 400 USD/night I paid.
The SPG preferred room I initially got was badly isolated from the outside noise, so I had to ask for another room at a higher floor, which turned out to be sligthly better isolated from a noise perspective but had not been renovated for a long time.
The staff at the lobby gave me a mixed feeling - some of the employees did their best to help me with my requests/questions but others just seem undisposed/unable to provide the high level of service you might expect from a 5* hotel from this major hotel chain.
Same impression with the staff at breakfast - again some employees will just seem to ignore you when you try to catch their attention (including the breakfast manager).
So to me there seems to be a huge disparity of service with this hotel (inequal rooms, inequal level of service etc.) and there are certainly much better ways to spend 400 USD a night (and even less) to get a much nicer place to stay in this wonderful city.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Terence1975
sheratonTelAviv, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012

Dear Terence:
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments.
We sincerely apologize for the noise you experienced from your room and service shortcomings during your stay, and assure you our service standards are higher than what you experienced.
As a management team we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff so we may resolve any and all issues.
Once again our humble apologies for the service shortcomings and any inconvenience.