“Location, Location, Location,...”

Sheraton Tel Aviv Hotel
Ranked #41 of 98 Hotels in Tel Aviv
“Location, Location, Location,...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Since I have been coming to Tel Aviv I always stay at this hotel.

The location between Jaffa and the Namal is excellent.

The concierge is very helpful with recommendations and providing walking maps and directions to go from place to place.

The hotel is fairly priced.

I do not eat in the hotel, except for the breakfast. The breakfast is fine.

We like to stay on the club floor here. The service is very good and the concierge staff is very sincere in their efforts to help. The food service provided on the club floor is good but not great.

I come back to the hotel because of their consistency in performance and I like the location and the services provided by the staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
sheratonTelAviv, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Carol S;
Thank you so much for your kind comments on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to read that you are a returning guest and we thank you for your loyalty to Sheraton Tel Aviv.
It is a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you were satisfied with our services on the Club floor. We thank you for your compliments to our staff in particular our concierge staff and we look forward to sharing your kind words with them.
We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.Warm regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Sheraton Tel Aviv is, as most hotles on the beach in Tel Aviv, overpriced in addition to what you get. Although my mother and I obviously got a discount, the price was still quite high in addition to other hotels in the same class elsewhere.
Sheraton Tel Aviv was also the Sheraton brand's first hotel outside of North America, and was built in the 60s.

First, the service is varying. When we got to the hotel early in the morning, we were lucky to already then get a room to sleep for some hours.
The staff in Lounge (which for those who have Club Rooms, has a spectacular view of the city and beach, and stuffed with good food and drinks for free) and so was the staff in the reception outside the Lounge.
The staff in the breakfast area, especially the omelette-chef could have had better English-skills and the same goes for the staff in the pool-area (much misunderstanding).
Something that shocked me, and makes me angry, is that the staff recommended my mun and I to eat dinner one night on a restaurant (which I don't remember the name of). Either the staff must have thought we were Russian, because the only guests at that restaurant were Russians, or the hotel staff het commission for sending their guests to that restaurant.
[I recommend the Hatraklin restaurant, wonderful food and service. Surprisingly, the staff haven't heard about it before.]

The food. The food in the Lounge usually consisted of some cold-meals and two hot-meals, as well as a big varity of drinks. If I was to compare the breakfast in the Lounge and the breakfast area, there are not that many differences.
On Shabbat morning (Saturdays) you can't expect any hot meals for breakfast, not even cofee! This is the same at all hotels in Israel I think, and you only eat kosher (that means no continental breakfast with bacon!).
I was surprised that the chefs couldn't make gluten-free pancakes (trust me, it isn't that hard and I have got that at numerous hotels elsewhere) - the gluten free bread doesn't taste so well either.

The rooms. We had a Club Room with a wonderful view in both directions of the beach. It was an ok room, with the normal shower & tub, a good bed and a small balcony. The TV was terrible though, the pilot was working EXTREMELY slow and the quality of the TV was definitely not HD (but it was a flat screen). New TVs would have been great.

The location. Sheraton Tel Aviv is located right at the beach, you only have to cross a road and then you have access to one of (in my opinion) the Mediterranean's best beaches. The beach is very clean, so is the water which is crystal clear.
The beach promenade is wonderful, and you should definitely rent a bike (for free) from the hotel and bike along the promenade at sunset.

Overall, there are some improvements that can be made to the hotel, but I will probably stay there next time I am going to Tel Aviv.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
sheratonTelAviv, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Mathias_Weseth:
Thank you for your detailed and positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us.
We are pleased that you enjoyed your room with spectacular view of the city and beach and the Club Lounge offerings.
We continue to improve and upgrade our product and we are pleased to inform you that two new guestroom floors are expected to open to receive guests by mid-August.
We look forward to receiving you again and to provide you with the service excellence our guests expect.
Zurich
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I am a very regular visitor of the Sheraton Tel Aviv. I stay there since over 10 years and spend a minimum of 60! Nights per year in the hotel. I am also a Starwood Platinum Member. The hotel felt always for me like "my home away from home". Lately apparently the General Manager got changed and since then I am very dissapointed by that property. I experienced last time major problems with the hotel and informed the general management. Unfortunately, after 8 weeks and app. 5 mails to the General Management of the hotel, the people in charge deem it not necessary to answer any of my emails, strange behavior if loyal guests are being treated that way. The rooms clearly need a bit of refurbishment so does the
pool area. All in all I always liked that place but since it is impossible to communicate with people there I opted for another hotel in Tel Aviv. The service used to much better with the old management, since other people in charge, Noone seems to care about their guests.

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank MAGzrh
Miami Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Many of the employees were rude and disrespectful to us, we felt like they took the guests for granted. The room itself was clean and the hotel was in a good location near the beach. in the room they have a device that automatically charges you if you knock or pick up one of the items from the mini bar. They are very strict about who goes to the pool

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank jackylevi
Dear Jackylevi
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. We are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with your accommodation and the hotel's location near the beach.
We reviewed your comments regarding our staff conduct and do apologize for any unpleasant experience you had during your stay. Be assured we take your comments seriously and share them with our associates in order to improve in this area and ensure the best service to all our valued guests.
Due to capacity limitations, the use of the pool is for the exclusive enjoyment of the hotel guests.
We are committed in the constant improvement of our service and hospitality, and look forward to your return visit.
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

In addition to beautiful views on the beach in Tel-Aviv, exquisite suites, VIP Lounge with concierge services, this hotel provided me with services that went beyond the call of duty. I had the unfortunate experience of being extorted for money by a Jerusalem tour guide who was stalking me for additional money. Not knowing how to confront the situation, I had a friend call the outstanding security team at the Sheraton. Within minutes, they had the police at the hotel, a full criminal history on the stalker and carefully arranged for me to be escorted away when the police arrested the man on the premises. In addition, they moved my room and gave me other protections to help me enjoy my time at the hotel after the incident. I will be forever thankful and am writing a letter to the management to thank them. Other fine things to note about the hotel are the Olive Leaf restaurant which is the best French restaurant in Israel, the VIP Lounge with exceptional selection for breakfast, lunch, dinner and cocktails, and the front desk team which was very accommodating to my status as an SPG Platinum member. I highly recommend this hotel and it's professional services. Outstanding!

Room Tip: I stayed in a corner suite with a living room and all of the windows have amazing views up and down...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear jstopnik:
Thank you for the wonderful compliments regarding your recent stay with us.
Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that. We are happy that you enjoyed the beautiful views on the beach, exquisite suite, Club Lounge services, and the food at the Olive Leaf restaurant. We pride ourselves in the professionalism of our security team staff and the services we are able to offer to our guests. The safety, security and well-being of our guests has always been and will be our paramount priority at the Sheraton Tel Aviv.
We thank you for recommending our hotel and look forward to your next visit.
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

The rooms are moderately sized and uninspired but make good use of space. (larger than a typical room in NYC) We had a small step out balcony with just enough room to stand and take in the lovely view of the Mediterranean and Jaffa. The bathroom is very small but extra shelves in smart locations helped mitigate the tight space. The temperature control was touchy, either the room was freezing cold with the AC blowing out over the bed or just one notch down created a humid room. The doorman was absent from time to time which made getting a taxi difficult.

We booked using Starpoints and stayed on the Club Level. The Sheraton reservations website doesn't allow you to book a club room using Starpoints and we were told it couldn't be done when we called the reservations center in the U.S. But when we sent an email to the hotel itself, they quickly responded that they could confirm an upgrade to the club level using either additional points or cash. We were very happy with the club and the service was excellent.

The location was excellent and across from the beach. We would stay here again though certainly would consider other options as well.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DanChicago
sheratonTelAviv, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Dan Chicago:
Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions of your stay at the Sheraton Tel Aviv.
We are very happy to read that you were satisfied with our services and that you were able to use your Starpoints to enjoy an upgrade to the Club level with access to the Club Lounge. Great that you enjoyed the location and our proximity to the beach and Tel Aviv restaurants and bars.
We apologize for that the a/c temperature control was too cold. We have asked our Chief Engineer to look into this issue.
Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I am a SPG loyal member that frequently stay in SPG resorts and hotels. This was my first visit to the hotel and have mixed feelings about my stay. positive: location and renovated room. negative: the staff's lack of responsiveness and finding that some of their staff (the pool attendant) not being hospitable and treating guests as if they were prisoners. if it werent for the location I eould rate them with a 2 star.

Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Morris L
Dear MorrisL:
We thank you for staying with us and appreciate your loyalty to Starwood hotels and resorts.
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the renovated room and location of the hotel.
Having said that we are so sorry that our staff were lacking responsiveness to your needs and did not meet your expectations and for this we sincerely apologize. This issue is certainly not reflective of the usual standards of our hotel. Be assured we have taken immediate action to improve in the area.
We are committed to providing the best service to our valued guests.
We do hope that his experience will not deter you from visiting the Sheraton Tel Aviv in the future.