“The same as always, but getting more expensive”

Sheraton Tel Aviv Hotel
Ranked #42 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Chicago, Illinois
“The same as always, but getting more expensive”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Hotel is nice, clean, and in a solid location. Rooms are good size, beds are comfortable, bathrooms are decent too. The problem is that this hotel has been exactly the same for years but the price keeps going up, so what used to be a bargain, and then average, has since become a bit of a ripoff. Over $40 per person for the buffet breakfast? Over $300 a night per room? That's a lot for what you get. Still a decent choice but they need to watch their rates.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
sheratonTelAviv, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Brad G:
Thank you for staying with us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were satisfied with our staff, service and location.
We thank you for your review and look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in Tel Aviv.
Warm regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

The Sheraton has so much to offer: a perfect location, beautiful views, and staff who cannot stop smiling. They are always warm and accommodating. It's impressive.

The rooms are large, clean, and comfortable. The bathrooms a little less impressive, but not bad by any stretch of the imagination.

The only down sides: they used to provide a bottle of wine and nice chocolates in the room. These were replaced with dry cookies. The Sheraton is expensive, but it's comparable to other hotels nearby.

I usually visit once or twice a year, and I certainly plan to come back.

Stayed July 2014
sheratonTelAviv, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Roi5:
We appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments regarding your stay at the Sheraton Tel Aviv. It is a pleasure to read you enjoyed your stay and the location with beautiful views. Your kind compliments to our staff is greatly appreciated and we look forward to sharing them with our team.
We thank you for your loyalty to Sheraton Tel Aviv and look forward to seeing you again.
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Since I have been coming to Tel Aviv I always stay at this hotel.

The location between Jaffa and the Namal is excellent.

The concierge is very helpful with recommendations and providing walking maps and directions to go from place to place.

The hotel is fairly priced.

I do not eat in the hotel, except for the breakfast. The breakfast is fine.

We like to stay on the club floor here. The service is very good and the concierge staff is very sincere in their efforts to help. The food service provided on the club floor is good but not great.

I come back to the hotel because of their consistency in performance and I like the location and the services provided by the staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Carol S;
Thank you so much for your kind comments on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to read that you are a returning guest and we thank you for your loyalty to Sheraton Tel Aviv.
It is a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you were satisfied with our services on the Club floor. We thank you for your compliments to our staff in particular our concierge staff and we look forward to sharing your kind words with them.
We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.Warm regards
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Sheraton Tel Aviv is, as most hotles on the beach in Tel Aviv, overpriced in addition to what you get. Although my mother and I obviously got a discount, the price was still quite high in addition to other hotels in the same class elsewhere.
Sheraton Tel Aviv was also the Sheraton brand's first hotel outside of North America, and was built in the 60s.

First, the service is varying. When we got to the hotel early in the morning, we were lucky to already then get a room to sleep for some hours.
The staff in Lounge (which for those who have Club Rooms, has a spectacular view of the city and beach, and stuffed with good food and drinks for free) and so was the staff in the reception outside the Lounge.
The staff in the breakfast area, especially the omelette-chef could have had better English-skills and the same goes for the staff in the pool-area (much misunderstanding).
Something that shocked me, and makes me angry, is that the staff recommended my mun and I to eat dinner one night on a restaurant (which I don't remember the name of). Either the staff must have thought we were Russian, because the only guests at that restaurant were Russians, or the hotel staff het commission for sending their guests to that restaurant.
[I recommend the Hatraklin restaurant, wonderful food and service. Surprisingly, the staff haven't heard about it before.]

The food. The food in the Lounge usually consisted of some cold-meals and two hot-meals, as well as a big varity of drinks. If I was to compare the breakfast in the Lounge and the breakfast area, there are not that many differences.
On Shabbat morning (Saturdays) you can't expect any hot meals for breakfast, not even cofee! This is the same at all hotels in Israel I think, and you only eat kosher (that means no continental breakfast with bacon!).
I was surprised that the chefs couldn't make gluten-free pancakes (trust me, it isn't that hard and I have got that at numerous hotels elsewhere) - the gluten free bread doesn't taste so well either.

The rooms. We had a Club Room with a wonderful view in both directions of the beach. It was an ok room, with the normal shower & tub, a good bed and a small balcony. The TV was terrible though, the pilot was working EXTREMELY slow and the quality of the TV was definitely not HD (but it was a flat screen). New TVs would have been great.

The location. Sheraton Tel Aviv is located right at the beach, you only have to cross a road and then you have access to one of (in my opinion) the Mediterranean's best beaches. The beach is very clean, so is the water which is crystal clear.
The beach promenade is wonderful, and you should definitely rent a bike (for free) from the hotel and bike along the promenade at sunset.

Overall, there are some improvements that can be made to the hotel, but I will probably stay there next time I am going to Tel Aviv.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
sheratonTelAviv, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Mathias_Weseth:
Thank you for your detailed and positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us.
Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that.
We are pleased that you enjoyed your room with spectacular view of the city and beach and the Club Lounge offerings.
We continue to improve and upgrade our product and we are pleased to inform you that two new guestroom floors are expected to open to receive guests by mid-August.
We look forward to receiving you again and to provide you with the service excellence our guests expect.
Zurich
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I am a very regular visitor of the Sheraton Tel Aviv. I stay there since over 10 years and spend a minimum of 60! Nights per year in the hotel. I am also a Starwood Platinum Member. The hotel felt always for me like "my home away from home". Lately apparently the General Manager got changed and since then I am very dissapointed by that property. I experienced last time major problems with the hotel and informed the general management. Unfortunately, after 8 weeks and app. 5 mails to the General Management of the hotel, the people in charge deem it not necessary to answer any of my emails, strange behavior if loyal guests are being treated that way. The rooms clearly need a bit of refurbishment so does the
pool area. All in all I always liked that place but since it is impossible to communicate with people there I opted for another hotel in Tel Aviv. The service used to much better with the old management, since other people in charge, Noone seems to care about their guests.

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank MAGzrh
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Many of the employees were rude and disrespectful to us, we felt like they took the guests for granted. The room itself was clean and the hotel was in a good location near the beach. in the room they have a device that automatically charges you if you knock or pick up one of the items from the mini bar. They are very strict about who goes to the pool

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank jackylevi
Dear Jackylevi
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. We are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with your accommodation and the hotel's location near the beach.
We reviewed your comments regarding our staff conduct and do apologize for any unpleasant experience you had during your stay. Be assured we take your comments seriously and share them with our associates in order to improve in this area and ensure the best service to all our valued guests.
Due to capacity limitations, the use of the pool is for the exclusive enjoyment of the hotel guests.
We are committed in the constant improvement of our service and hospitality, and look forward to your return visit.
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 1 July 2014

In addition to beautiful views on the beach in Tel-Aviv, exquisite suites, VIP Lounge with concierge services, this hotel provided me with services that went beyond the call of duty. I had the unfortunate experience of being extorted for money by a Jerusalem tour guide who was stalking me for additional money. Not knowing how to confront the situation, I had a friend call the outstanding security team at the Sheraton. Within minutes, they had the police at the hotel, a full criminal history on the stalker and carefully arranged for me to be escorted away when the police arrested the man on the premises. In addition, they moved my room and gave me other protections to help me enjoy my time at the hotel after the incident. I will be forever thankful and am writing a letter to the management to thank them. Other fine things to note about the hotel are the Olive Leaf restaurant which is the best French restaurant in Israel, the VIP Lounge with exceptional selection for breakfast, lunch, dinner and cocktails, and the front desk team which was very accommodating to my status as an SPG Platinum member. I highly recommend this hotel and it's professional services. Outstanding!

Room Tip: I stayed in a corner suite with a living room and all of the windows have amazing views up and down...