“It's been better”

Ranked #41 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Willow Street, Pennsylvania
“It's been better”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The Tel Aviv Sheraton has always been my favorite hotel. I have stayed here 2-3 times a year for over 10 years. Perhaps it is the war with Gaza, perhaps it is the fact that last week was still Ramadan and much of the staff was fasting, or perhaps it is the new general manager but the hotel has lost the edge that always made it exceptional for me. My gut feeling is that sadly the new general manager has not yet succeeded in getting the staff to give its all or that he is instituting changes which are lowering the outstanding level of service that the hotel once had. Don't get me wrong this is still a very good hotel and if you had not stayed there before you would probably not notice the difference. Sadly, for the first time I found myself asking if I could not do better elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
GMSTV, General Manager at Sheraton Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experiences at the Sheraton Tel Aviv and for your continuous loyalty over the years which we value enormously.

Feedback from our guests especially from the large number of loyal ones like yourself that the hotel has built over the years is important to us as this enables us to continue improving our products and services. It is therefore concerning to me that you have felt that on this occasion, while still positive, we have not fully met your previous experiences. It is certainly of interest to me to hear back from you, naturally at your convenience, regarding these specific experiences so as to make sure that we not only meet them but aim to exceed them. I can be contacted directly on my email franco.vella@sheraton.com

While I would like to once again thank you for sharing your experiences, I look forward to hearing back from you soon and do hope to having the opportunity to meeting up with you during your next stay in Tel Aviv.

Yours sincerely,

Franco Vella

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed here with my family back in 2011 and had an amazing time. The service was amazing and the hotel layout was pretty cool as well. I loved the salt water pool and access to the club lounge on one of the top floors. It made all the difference in my stay. The only downside when I went was the size of the rooms, which I'm used to larger rooms in the U.S. Honestly though, how much time do you spend in the room anyway? The beach side location can't be beat and its more towards the end of the strip, so the atmosphere can be relaxing or wild, depending on what you're looking for. Go enjoy!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Boldgoldie
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experiences in Tel Aviv and the Sheraton.

The hotel's location is certainly a great one. It is truly a beach front experience in the heart of Tel Aviv. As regards to the hotel itself, we have over the last years been substantially improving the product with practically all our guest rooms being renovated. Indeed the Club Lounge, which you refer to in your review, was completed renovated and enlarged only last April. I am confident that you will find these improvements and the many more that we have planned, very much to your satisfaction.

While I would like to once again thank you for sharing your experiences, I do hope that we will have an opportunity to welcoming you back soon to the Sheraton Tel Aviv.

Yours sincerely,

Franco Vella
Cape Town, South Africa
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This is the second time that my family and I stayed at the Sheraton Tel Aviv. The service was of an exceptional level, from the people at reception, to the staff at breakfast, to the kind lady who cleaned our room and to the amazing concierges who got us into restaurants that normally require bookings a month in advance. We cannot wait to go back!

Room Tip: there are a wide variety of rooms - all clean and well looked after.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TanyaGolan
sheratonTelAviv, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear TanyaGolan:
Your positive comments regarding our outstanding service is very much appreciated. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and we are delighted to read that we were able to exceed your expectations.
We would like to thank you for kind compliments to our staff and our concierge. Be assured we will share kind words with the team.
Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next stay.
Rosh Pina, Israel
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Unfortunately our stay was accompanied by a very low service code.
Part of the stuff really do not care about guests and service.
Some members of the staff are really very rude. Others have no idea about their jobs, and/or absolutely do not care.
I applied to the guest-relation representative at the hotel, but did not get a serious answer.
I really expected much much more from a Sheraton Hotel !!

Room Tip: A room facing the beach.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank inbarml
sheratonTelAviv, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Inbarml:
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your stay.
We do take your comments seriously and appreciate your feedback, and would like to sincerely apologize to you for the staff and service shortcomings.
Be assured that these shortcomings are not typical of our attitude and regret you did not receive the service we pride ourselves on. We are customer focused and committed to providing the best of service to our guests.
Once again our apologies for the inconvenience.
Thank you.
Limassol, Cyprus
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Nice hotel by the beach. Very accessible to the town, malls, Jaffa port and even to the Silicon Valley. We book the club which end up as a very good choice. Open daily till 11-12.
Staff and hotel really nice even if it needs renovation. Clean and very tidy place.

Room Tip: Club... Recomended
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear C k:
Thank you for the positive feedback of our hotel. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and our proximity to the beach and city center added convenience to your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in Tel Aviv.
Tel Aviv District, Israel
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I'm used to work with the Sheraton Hotel (Tel Aviv) for some events and I always spent a few nights with many partners. The Service is really great - probably the best in Tel Aviv. People very friendly and ready to help you. As you can see on a map, the Sheraton is really well located and in front of the beach. I warmly recommand this hotel and the quality of it service.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Laurent R:
Thank you for your positive review. We are happy to receive such a nice and warm hearted feedback regarding our staff and service, which is much appreciated.
Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and we delighted that we have been able to achieve that! Be assured we will share your kind words with the entire team.
We thank you for recommending our hotel and look forward to your next stay.
new jersey
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Great location and the rooms are beautiful. Service is great and people very friendly.
Breakfast food and the club room was also very nice. I would return. Beach is right across the street and the pool and bar splendid.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
sheratonTelAviv, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear cchriscap:
Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are delighted to read that you were satisfied with the service of our staff, and that the quality of the food and club room met your expectations. Great you enjoyed the hotel's location which is right on the beachfront.
We hope to see you again very soon amongst our guests.