“Feeling about Hayarkon 48”
Review of Hayarkon 48 Hostel

Hayarkon 48 Hostel
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have traveled in Tel Aviv from Agu. 21 to 24, 2013.
This hostel I’ve chosed is pretty suitable for the tourists who want to take a good standar rest, or want to look around Tel Aviv easier.
As this lovely hostel just locates not far away from the impressive beach, it is very convenient to have a fun time playing on the beach.
The environment in this hostel is clean, facilties are nice, service is wonderful.
If you want to taste something new, just come to Hayarkon 48 Hostel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
H48, General Manager at Hayarkon 48 Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2013

Dear Wang Ting! Thank you so much for your kind words! It is always good to know that our efforts to make your vacation a bit better, works. Hope to see you again and may all travelers will feel the same as you!

There are newer reviews for Hayarkon 48 Hostel

Reviewed 31 August 2013

I'm glad I've had the chance to travel to a lot of places from south america to asia, including europe and middle east. I'm from Portugal and I'm living in Hong-kong. I always stay in dorms and after staying in many of them, Hayarkon is one of my favorites. The staff there is amazingly friendly, always ready to give you a hand and doing everything to help you enjoy your trip. The place is really clean, and above everything it has an excellent vibe. Of course it also has it's downsides, sometimes is a little too noisy but that's what happens when everyone is so excited just enjoying their time...and they will provide you with ear plugs so don't worry! I've slept in this place more than 20 nights and I expect to return. I've met here some of the most amazing people I've ever known and I can only say...thank you! keep with the good work! cheers fernando

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo

Fernando! We are extremely happy that you had a good experience throughout your stay. Thank you for your kind words. We do try our best to hit the spot and help everyone with their own unique experience.

Hope to see you again soon and that you will enjoy it even more!

Reviewed 27 August 2013

i was a bit nervous booking this hostel, since there are not only good reviews and i was traveling all by myself as a girl. After staying there i have to say that since i have already seen quite a view hostels all over the world, the Hayarkon 48 is definitely one of the best ones. Everything was very clean (shower, toilett, bed, rooms, bedsheets...), i always had hot water in the shower, nice roommates, the staff is very friendly, always wiling to help you and answear all different kinds of questions. The location is also great, you are at the beach in a twominute walk, i walked everywhere.... Another thing that might be important for girls traveling by themselfes: i always felt very safe there! Priceways, i think you get a good deal for your money..... Well, what can i say? I am sure you will not be dissapointed!! In no way!!!

Room Tip: i slept in a dorm only with girls... always got a good night sleep!

Dear Maja!

We just wanted to thank you for your review!
We are very happy to decide to take a chance with us and that the bad expectation was not lived up to! We hope to see you again and improve even more and that all travellers will be brave as you =)

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Hayarkon is full of people who are in Israel for the same thing; to experience all that the country has to offer, from it's culture, politics, history and historical sites.

The hostel is in a prime location, about a 120 second walk to the beach, on a good day but if the traffic lights are against you, then please let for 180 seconds instead.
It is also located in a perfect walking distance from the shops, the market place, shopping centres, cafes and restaurants. What more could you possibly want?

The staff were excellent on my experience and being quite an inclusive kind of person anyway, I developed great and lasting friendships with them.

They were attentive to my every request, be that to wash clothes, or simply asking them for directions to places in and around the city of Tel Aviv, where the Hostel is situated.
I met wonderful, like-minded co-travellers from literally all over the world which added to my experience.

I stayed in a private room which I encourage you to do if you have a bit more to spend than your average traveller, it makes for a less stressful sleeping, showering and waking up experience.

I totally recommend this hostel to every man and his dog.

Room Tip: Choosing the private room is key, unless you're with a group of people. But the dorms are in v...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Hi Jared! What a great way to describe the distance to the beach =) so true!
We wanted to thank you for your review, the details are important to us as well and we do try very hard to help you with all you need. It is great to know that we succeeded!

Hope to see you back again with new surprises!

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We were extremely pleased with our stay at Hayarkon 48. The rooms have good AC (so necessary when traveling during the summer months), are spacious enough and exactly what you expect from a hostel. The rooftop is nice for those who like to spend time at the hostel and hang out with other travelers (though we did little of this). I also liked that there were individual showers and very seldom a line to either toilets or showers. Toilets also always seemed to have toilet paper, which was impressive. It's location cannot be argued with - it is optimal for a fun stay in Tel Aviv. Easy to find, close to everything (including the beach!).

The staff were super helpful and friendly, and I could recommend the place solely because of their hospitality and willingness to help travelers staying at the hostel.

My only criticism is the breakfast. I have never been as disappointed by a breakfast at a breakfast-included hostel. "Breakfast included" seems to be an exaggeration for what you actually get. I suggest that you buy some bread and stuff at a market, label it and keep it in the fridge.

I probably should mention that we were out most nights and evenings so we have no idea what this hostel is like if you want to go to bed at 22.00. I suspect it won't be very favorable sleeping conditions

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Staff is very nice and flexible, a lot of different activities organized by hostel, great atmosphere, very good location, AC works well in the room, WI-Fi is working well in the room, nice balcony at the top of the building, good kitchen, big TV in the social room etc.

Room Tip: There are rooms with balcony and without, but if you won't spend time there anyway :)
Reviewed 13 August 2013

The hostel lies directly next to the beach and the most important locations and sites can be easily reached by foot. Furthermore, the personal is very friendly - they offer activities, such as pub crawls or picknicks at the beach, and you can always reach somebody at the reception 24/7.

However, a huge minus of this place is security. You have the option to lock your valuables in a small locker (for free if you bring your own lock) or a big locker (for a charge) downstairs - you should better make use of these. During my stay the place got 'raided' twice and laptops, cameras and money got stolen. The rooms have balcony doors which apparently cannot be properly locked, thus people not staying at the hostel could enter the rooms quite easily.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
H48, General Manager at Hayarkon 48 Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Dear Jonas
Thank you for reviewing Hayarkon 48 hostel. I'm glad you enjoyed our location, and pleased to hear you were happy with the service and the staff.
As for the security problem you brought up: Indeed on the following week dozens of hotels and hostels in Tel-Aviv suffered from burglary, and we are among them for the first time in 15 years. We at Hayarkon 48 hostel take security matterrs very seriously, and always have been. We supply our guests free safes, or large lockers for rent, all dorm rooms at the hostel are locked on all times, and also the balcony doors and windows have locks. The entire building is covered with security cameras and we have taken some extra means just to make sure that no burglars could get into the hostel.
unfortunately, sometimes, even all these are not enough...
Other then doing all we can in order to help those who lost their valuables, we are making sure to improve ourselves and make a lesson from the upsetting event. 24 hours after the event we have already set additional security cameras, improved the locks in the rooms and more improvements are about to come.
Once again thank you for your review and concern. Hope to see you again at the hostel real soon.