“DO NOT STAY HERE”

Ranked #91 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv, Israel
“DO NOT STAY HERE”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

we booked a 'deluxe studio apartment' because we staying 7 nights. the room looked nothing like the photo on the booking site. we got a noisy, small, nasty, run-down room, we had to use ear plugs to be able to sleep at night. the bathroom is tiny and mouldy, the fridge is rusty. the cutlery in the drawer is awful and super old, probably second-hand. the night we arrived, the room was filthy, there was grime underfoot and dirt everywhere we touched. the windows are filthy, the window sills are so dirty they are sticky. it was cleaned the next day. the reception area stunk of cigarette smoke, despite the no smoking signs. the downstairs area stunk of cigarette smoke each time we went down there. it is expensive, and of course, everything you would want has a charge, $US10 a night to park in a crappy, too-small car park that was not full anyway. they demanded a $US100 deposit to make one phone call to Jerusalem. the shower system has a timer, i am ok with that, saves electricity. dirty laundry was left in the hallway on more than one occasion.

Room Tip: do not stay here. truly awful. absolutely not good value.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank hester2500

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Zürich
Reviewed 8 September 2013

In very bad condition. I can not recommend it. It is much too expensive for what it is. It is really dirty. They dont clean properly and most things are really old. Shame on them. It is loud which is okay, as it is at Hayarkon but everything else is really bad too and it is just an absolut no go, being nice at the reception does not help. And what is this Thing with the Boiler like in 100 years ago? renovate the place and then we'll talk again if it is worth the Price!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else! The Artplus is really good and it is the same Price!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ruth D

Travellers are raving about these Tel Aviv hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I booked to stay at Home Apartments for 1 week to celebrate my birthday and after reading a few more reviews I changed my booking to 2 nights.

Well I'm glad I did as this hotel has to be one of the worst I've stayed in.
On arrival I was not told about the shower system where you have to have a timer on for 30mins prior to using. Arriving at 2am after a very long flight I had a cold shower. Again in the morning I had no hot water.
When queried the next morning to the woman on reception who looked like she'd been sucking on lemons, she abruptly told me that it was not her fault I was not told about timer. A simple apology would suffice. I tried again that evening I did not get hot water.

I also complained about the room. It was paltry to say the least and a complete opposite of what was depicted at booking. She again told me this is not her problem and she will tell "him", whoever him is but again not even an apology.

The room was old, shabby and looked like it was made up of pieces from a junkyard. Nothing matched. At 5"10 & 71kgs I'm quite lean but struggled to feel comfortable in the small shower. The only saving grace was that the sheets and towels were clean and crisp.
The room was clean but still looked dirty because of shabbiness.
On 2 occasions leaving my room there was some random vagabond looking man doing exercises in the hall way and then got in the elevator when I did. Very creepy. There were also a few stray looking people hanging around that looked like they lived there and not bonafide guests.

I had a room facing the back of other buildings. It is a very noisy, busy street. I used earplugs and it was okay. This was the least of the problems I faced.

For the price of this place I found it to be not good value for money.
It is Tel Aviv not the south of France!!
I'm glad I left and spent my birthday elsewhere!!

I will not recommend anybody to stay here if they want comfort. It is only good for location in a very run down city!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Jett S
Reviewed 27 April 2013 via mobile

Main advantage is location. It's very close to beach (100m), cafes, food supermarkets, bus stops.
The hotel is very small. We have chosen cheapest room - studio. But it has very small window with horrible view. But rooms with seaview have large windows.
Polite personnel. Towels were changed every day.

Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Dirty, smelly, ugly.
I reserved for 9 days and left after 1 night. I could not stand the smell of this place.
It is cheap compared to other options in the area - There is a reason for that.
To shower, you have to turn on the heater 30-40 min in advance, so you have to wake up for that.
Location is very good if you want to go to the beach.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MaxJ347
mesa
Reviewed 2 April 2013

My husband and I stayed in the studio of THE HOME APATMENTS for 6 weeks while we were there Half of January and all of February. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. Everything was in walking distance, The grocery store, restaurants, the shops. Hair and nail salons. The bus stops. The beach was very close. We enjoyed it. There is some noise from the traffic and bars but we did sleep through it. Some people bring ear plugs if noise bothers them. We had a maid that come and clean frequently it was nice to ho back to our apartment and have clean floors, clean bathroom and clean sheets.
We also had a window where we could see the sea. Very pleasant experience. :)

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JoAnnW175
Reviewed 10 March 2013

This apartment hotel is on the crossroads of Hayarkon st and Frishman st., which is a great location to stay at Tel Aviv. There is a small square near with a boat monument, cafe, mcdonalds, restaurantas. 2 groceries near (50m), beverages, food,snack,etc.
The beach and the promenade is about 100m `far`, need to be mad to miss it. You can lend cycles across TLV especially through the promenade for almost nothing. U.S embassy is in walking distance, by thewaythere are many different ebassies at the Hayarkon.
We booked a studio and get one at the second floor, facing the sea (mainly the hotel at the opposite side of Hayarkon). The room was very cosy with a huge wardrobe containing a safe, two separated single beds, a couch, and two tables with chairs. There is a kitchen as well, quite well equipped, good size. Air condition is a must, of course. Lcd tv, you can plugin your media player, but satellite tv is also available.
The bathroom is above expectations, i guess it has been renovated in a year. Hot water supply is five stars, temp., pressure, everything.
The free wifi internet is a huge LIKE button, fast, strong, available in the room, and you can connect multiple gadgets,not only one.
I have stayed 2 nights with a friend and payed together 160$,which is a great value in european standards, 40$/night/person in a spacious and cosy flat. Dont expect too much assistance or concierge services. My hobby-horse is the cleanliness of the windows in every hotel, in that view, this hotel has failed, but everyday cleaning given, and other parts of the room was clean. Of you can bring your pillow, the pillows were too flexible, which damagedd the sleeping quality a bit.
I wil stay here again next time in TLV, and will suggest it to You and to all my friends.

Room Tip: room 23 is absolute solid, i recommend it
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends