“stop over”
Review of Grand Beach Hotel

Grand Beach Hotel
Ranked #73 of 101 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed 30 April 2012

A basic hotel near the airport. We were there for only six hours. The room was clean but the carpets stained and dirty. Bed linen etc all clean.Breakfast adequate.

Room Tip: Busy hotel. Stopover for israel tour
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 29 April 2012

We stayed in a business room, which gave us access to wi-fi and snacks. The snacks were plentiful. The staff extremely helpful. The food excellent. The hot was hot and the cold cold, which is at it should be. we were the only British people at the hotel. To us this is wonderful. the atmosphere cheery and friendly. We would certaiinly visit this hotel again

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2012

The room was on the small side but adequate and clean, with a minifridge. The bathtub/shower I can imagine will not be comfortable for people with limited mobility since it is placed quite high in relation to the bathroom floor. The breakfast was good and fresh, less options than in more expensive hotels, but more options than other mid-range hotels. Client service varies greatly depending on who is at the front desk - from awful to excellent. The location is good, right across from a beautiful park that borders the beach front. We walked all the way to Jaffa (about 1 hour) with beautiful views of the beach the entire time. Nice restaurants nearby, and convenient 24 hour store right across the corner. Be patient with the elevators, especially on the Sabbath when only one elevator is available, since they are very small and only 1 family with luggage fits at one time. All in all, a good value for a mid-range hotel (no luxury here) in an expensive city.

Room Tip: We were on the 12th floor and didn't have issues with traffic noise. Also, when you call the el...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank ben_from_philly
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I stayed at the Grand Beach Hotel for 3 weeks with my partner from Feb-March 2012 and to be honest, I have no real complaints! The hotel was of a great standard, and because we were staying for so long, they upgraded us to a premium room free of charge. The room was a little smaller than I expected, but it had everything we needed for a great long-term stay. The only negative remark I would make was that some of the staff were not as helpful as others in the sense that they were a little apathetic and not as 'friendly'. But this is not my first time to Israel and I know the people and culture very well, so rudeness is no surprise to me, but I had hoped it would be different in a hotel environment. The kitchen staff were wonderful and probably the friendliest staff out of everyone! Every morning they would greet you with a warm smile and always happy to help. I know a few people have mentioned the shabbat elevator as problematic - it can be annoying at times but we were on the fifth floor and this helped to walk up and down the stairs - I would recommend you get a room on the lower levels if you want easier access to your floor. The location was great for me personally, but it is not in the centre of Tel-Aviv, however there are a few buses that run down ben yehuda (4) and dizengoff (5) that head into the city, otherwise it is no more than a 25-30 minute walk which is always a nice way of taking it all in. All in all, I was very pleased with my stay and for the most part, the amenities were great and the people were very helpful. I would definitely come and stay at the Grand Beach again on my next visit to Israel.

Room Tip: If you want to avoid the Shabbat elevator, request a room on one of the lower levels to make it easi...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Stayed 4 nights March 2-5 '12. Clean, good food, good service, FREE WI-FI!!!! New elevators. Very good location. Park across street and then beach. Easy walking to much. Nice 24 hour store in same block. Great falafel stand open 6am-12pm 1 block to east of main door.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2012

As a single woman returning to Israel to visit, I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again! The staff is extremely kind and helpful. The room was lovely, the breakfast delicious. Everyday I was out walking along the beach or the main streets of Ben Yehuda and Dizengoff near by. The property is close to bus stops, taxis readily available out front, parking close for rental car, etc. Thank you for everything Grand Beach front desk staff! I hope to be back this summer.

Pam Kelley
Anchorage, Alaska

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 March 2012

The room was disappointing; I would have expected a larger room and more closet space. We asked for a double bed, but they only have2 combined single beds for this type of hotel. The walls are paper-thin, we were asked by neighbors to lower the volume of our TV in the evening!
The location is great [near the beach and Tel-Aviv port – an attraction center]; that is if you do not have a car, since parking can be relatively difficult to find and expensive in this area (the hotel does not provide any parking at all).
This is a mega-hotel, that is, there are loads of buses with hundreds of tourists flowing in and out almost every day. This becomes particularly an issue at breakfast time, where you can be surrounded by hundreds of noisy people, hurrying to join their tour.
Description of the “security incident”: I was with no reason whatsoever harassed by a “Pretentious security head”, who wanted to show off in front of his subordinate. This is somewhat typical of the attitude of the hotel Management towards its clientele, which can be summarized as: “we have such big tours, so we don’t care if a single individual is not happy with our service”.

Room Tip: Higher floors with a view to the beach are best
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple