“Not According to Expectations” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alexander Tel-Aviv Hotel

Alexander Tel-Aviv Hotel
Ranked #33 of 98 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Jerusalem, Israel
“Not According to Expectations”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed at the hotel for one night last month (24 April 2014). We came in the evening (between 6 to 7) and in the front door sat someone who was talking on the phone while we were waiting ... and we were waiting for quite a long time until he finished his conversation and then: not a smile, not a welcome nor apologizing. Nothing. He did not looked professional and we did not see him later on but he was the one who gave us our room. The room was nice but the bathroom needs repairs and the bathroom itself is small and done in a standard that is not feet for such an hotel. Breakfast? we did not enjoy it: the dining room is small, so is the balcony and it was too crowded and too loud so we left as quickly as we can. Leaving the hotel no one asked us about our experience and we did not offer our opinion as no one was interested. We will not come back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Alexander63505, Front Office Manager at Alexander Tel-Aviv Hotel, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Dear AFrankel,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us. We value your feedback and we are sorry to hear your experience did not meet your expectations. Rest assured we have taken these comments on board and I would like to get in touch to discuss this further with you, if you are able to share your contact details with me directly on Selim.Atias@alexander.co.il .
I do hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back at which time we will spare no affort in providing you with the perfect stay.

with renewed apologies

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
herzelia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

First I would like to mention that we live in Hezelia that It's only 10 km from tel Aviv .
The first time we went to Alexander hotel was because we didn't have the time to go far .but you can say that we fall in love with the hotel.
First I would start with the room ,that was very nice, clean and with a buitful sea view.
Than in the morning we went to eat breakfast .the restaurant was very nice and the food was delicious.
After breakfast my wife wanted to go to the beach that was 50 meters from the hotel .
The hotel is located in the best location in tel Aviv and you don't need a car .the service in the hotel is very good, and for me I can say that "I will be back"

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alexander63505, Front Office Manager at Alexander Tel-Aviv Hotel, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear azouri,

Thank you so much for taking some time and writing a review on TripAdvisor from your recent stay at the Alexander Tel-Aviv.
We very much appriciate your comments and we all very proud in what we doing and it feels great receiving reviews like yours.
I am very happy that you enjoyed the breakfast and the rooftop atmosphere.
I do hope I have the pleasure to welcome you back on future visits to Tel-Aviv.

Yours sincerely,

Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stayed at the Alexander now for the third time this year and it was once again a great stay. Selim, who's outstanding service level I appreciate very much, once again booked me in a great room without me even announcing my arrival. I should add, that throughout the entire stay, I received excellent service (swift check-in at 4am, organizing cabs to go to my business meetings, fast service at breakfast, etc.) by the entire staff. This supported me a lot in managing my already very dense schedule and I can only highly recommend this boutique hotel to anyone travelling to TLV either for business or leisure purposes. Will be back for sure in June, this time hopefully for leisure.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Frequent_Traveller_K,

Thank you fortaking the time to write this wonderful review at the TripAdvisor website. it is fantastic to read how much you enjoyed your experince with us and that we managed to exceed your expectations.
We have shared your comments with our teamand we are all looking forward to welcoming you back to your Tel-Aviv home again soon.

Kind Regards,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

The Alexander hotel is a great little gem in Tel Aviv. We booked the hotel after reading reviews here on Tripadvisor and decided that so many good reviews cannot be wrong - We were right! - From the moment that we arrived the service was on top class without any fault. the hotel is within the heart of Tel Aviv, very convenient to the shopping area which is a few blocks away, the port is amazing, loads of local restaurants and shopping stores. We received a fantastic service from Selim Atias (The Manager). He personally greeted us upon arrival and we have received a upgraded room to one of the renovated rooms. the room was amazing. We felt like home. the next day Selim Met us at the Ciela restaurant while having a breakfast he arranged us a tour and we had a fantastic day.
on our return we had some drinks at the Alexander bar. The bar was amazing and breath taking!!!!
I definitely recommend you the Alexander Hotel and their magnificent service .
We will be back and we are looking forward to see their health Spa and the indoors pool which is due to open soon.

Room Tip: ask for renovated rooms. they are amazing and very comfortable
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Andrew R,

I would like to thank you do much for your feedback following to your recent stay with us at the Alexander Tel-Aviv.

I was delighted that after a long journey to us that you found the hotel welcoming abd that you enjoyed your stay especially the service which was provided to you and the hotel facilities. I have passed on your kind words to the rest of the team here.

I really appreciate your kind words and please do come back and stay with us again soon.

My Best Wishes

Port Elizabeth So
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

My husband and I had a great week in Israil thanks to the manager Salem who went out of his way to make our trip to Israil fantastic . He spent hours booking tours as well as hotels and transport for us. Thanks to him we saw all there was to see in Tel Avive, Jerusalem Elat. And even Petra in Jordan.
We used the Alexander hotel as a base and traveled from there to the other destinations.
The hotel was very comfortable ,spotlessly clean and all the staff helpful and friendly. It is very conveniently situated right on the beach and very close to the port which has great resturants and is very vibey
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wishes to tour Isrial.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Alexander63505, Front Office Manager at Alexander Tel-Aviv Hotel, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Bernadette9970,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that the product and the service provided here at The Alexander Tel-Aviv. I am so glad that the team here managed to exceed your expectations during your stay with us.
When you decide to come back, please feel free to get in touch directly, and we will ensure to assist in any way possible

Kind Regards,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Top class hotel. Extremely attentive, kind and helpful staff. A special thank you to Selim Atias Front Office Manager who went out of his way to make our trip special and of course to all the other staff at the hotel. Our suite was beautifully decorated, comfortable and quiet. I proposed to my 'now Fiancee' whilst here and Selim arranged rose petals on our bed as well as cake to be placed in our room on our return from dinner from the Tel-Aviv port Mul Yam restaurant . We will definitely stay here again . We stayed in many hotels all over the word. I have to mention that the product and service at the Alexander in higher then the Hilton and other hotels in Tel-Aviv .Thank you for the great service and memorable experience. We will be back!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Sweat10,

Thank you so much for taking some time and writing a review in TripAdvisor from your recent visit to Alexander Tel-Aviv.
We very appriciate your comments and we all very proud in what we doing and it feels great receiving review like yours.
I am very happy that you enjoyed the service and the hotel facilities. Please let me congratulate you and I do hope I have the pleasure to welcome you back on future visits to Alexander Tel-Aviv.

Yours sincerely,

Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed there for one week in April 2014 with my family of 4. The apartment suite for a family of 4 was perfect as it hosts 2 rooms , one spacious living room and one bathroom and a separate toilet. Breakfast is nice as it is held in the rooftop of the hotel with a splendid view. The location of the hotel is perfect as it is right in front of the beach and 2 minutes from the tel aviv port which has plenty of restaurants, promenades, etc... , and also 5 minutes away from the main tel aviv streets. Thanks to Selim for making our stay as pleasant as possible.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear David J,

Thank you so much for your very kind words following to your recent stay with us at the Alexander Tel-Aviv.
I was really touched with your review and have already shared with the rest of the management team who will share your comments within their team. To run a succesful hotel you need a team that are hard working and take pride in what they do and I am so proud of each and every one of them.

We look forward to your next visit to the Alexander Tel-Aviv and please do let me know if you require any further assistance at any time.

Kind Regards