“Great location”

Ranked #55 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
London, United Kingdom
“Great location”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Stayed for 1 night only in this hotel and as far as the location goes there isn't much that can be improved however the let down for me was the standard of building finish prevalent throughout israel. Our room didn't even have ventilation in the bathroom although admittedly this particular item may be a latent issue. Overall though we had a great stay! Try the sea view 15th floor suites!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank r_j_francis
lauren z, Manager at Orchid Tel Aviv, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
I am writing in regard to your recent stay with us here at the Park Plaza Orchid Tel Aviv Hotel,
I would like to thank you for your positive feedback and kind compliments regarding our Hotel rooms , staff and services.
We are very happy to know you enjoyed the complimentary service of bicycle rental.
We are offering several categories of rooms from Standard rooms with city view up to luxury suites.

operation manager of Orchid Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
houston
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We ended our week in Israel at the Park Plaza Orchid in Tel Aviv for two nights. The intent was to end it relaxed after a busy week of seeing the country.

Positives:
* Our family loved the free bikes for riding on the promenade
* Location is great, close to the beach
* Rooms are clean
* Appreciate the coffee/juice station in the lobby in the morning
* Amazing gym - I am not sure if it is free though.
* Staff very helpful and prompt whenever we needed something.

Negatives
* They assigned smoking rooms and didn't have enough beds for the entire family. After two moves (including an upgrade to a suite), we were in non-smoking adjacent rooms, but we still didn't have enough beds. All other hotels this trip had 3 beds in each room set up when we arrived. In the end, our youngest slept on the couch and the 3 teens shared a King bed.
* The hall way had a heavy smoke smell. The floor had mixed smoking/non smoking rooms. We were able to open the windows to clear out the smell from the hall way.
* There was no light and power in the rooms when we woke up in the morning.
* There was a water leak in the kitchen (maybe linked to the power outage)
* When we asked the staff to open the door between our two rooms, they couldn't find the right key
* they did not have a hair dryer for us (some rooms have it built in)

There were a few more issues than we are used to, but the staff was courteous and helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank ahnano
lauren z, Manager at Orchid Tel Aviv, responded to this review, 15 December 2013

Italy
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The hotel is good, the staff friendly. However the air con is very loud, may be a problem for sleeping. All considered this is an ok hotel, but the sensation of paying too much given the overall quality is quite strong.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
lauren z, Manager at Orchid Tel Aviv, responded to this review, 28 November 2013

Kitcat22
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Just checked in for a 3 night stay, may have more to add later. But for now, take a look at the lumpy pillows! For the price of an upper class hotel, I expect great pillows. These are truly far, far worse than the hostel where I stayed in Jerusalem last night.

Room Tip: The higher the better. Exec floor has marble tiles. Seems lower ones have cheap laminate.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
I would like to thank you for bringing your feedback to our attention.
Like the other Park Plaza Hotels we are dedicated to provide a high level of service and standards. Therefore I was very surprised at your experience here.
I deeply apologies for any inconvenience you may had.
I will appreciate if you will contact me directly in order to find a way to solve this issue with you. We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you back in the future and assure you be able to enjoy in a spoiled and relaxed atmosphere.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 16 November 2013

This is my third hotel in Tel Aviv, and I am quickly learning that Tel Aviv hotel standards are no-where near rest of the world - and quite frankly, the prices are ridiculous high. Therefore, you should NOT expect anything amazing from their hotels (including some of their 5 star hotels!) Nevertheless, when it comes to Park Plaza Orchid:

Pros: Free wi-fi in the entire hotel - no need to pay extra. Free international long distance calls to approximately 60 countries - no need to pay extra as well. Laminated floors in the room. Location is fairly decent. Right next to the beach and next to the USA embassy. Lots of caps outside the hotel all the time. Shower had a lot of pressure in it - so showering was not an issue.

Cons: I requested a room with a big bed. They put two small beds together to form a big one. Room was suppose to have a beach view, instead it was mainly looking at the USA embassy, the back street road, and maybe 5% of the view was the actual beach view. Room service food was absolutely horrible! Half of the stuff is not served on Saturdays (during Shabbat) - despite the fact that they host guests from all over the world. Front desk staff is very slow and when I do approach them for help, they are not pleasant at all (however, I am learning that this might be a culture norm). I went to the business center to have something photocopied. As I was asking their staff to help me, the phone rang. The lady answered the phone and next thing I knew was that she was on that phone for exactly 19 minutes before she hung up. Once she hung up the phone, she simply stated to me: "Go to the front desk - I cannot photocopy anything for you here."
DO NOT use their towels - all of them have stains on them!! Some of the stains cover 60% of the towels. The bathroom lights are so dim that there is no point of looking in the mirror as you can barely see anything. Bathroom is very old; wall paint is starting to peel off. Housekeeping service is horrible. I ran out of tissue papers on my first day, the box was never replaced during the remaining 10 days I was there. The bathroom started to smell after a few days as they were not cleaning it properly. As a matter of fact, one day, I walked downstairs to get something from the front desk, and when I was back up (in about 90 seconds), the cleaning staff had already "cleaned" my room by the time I was gone.
Rooms are very noisy; you can hear people next door, people in the hallway, and especially people above you. You know exactly when others next to our above you are flushing the toilet, when they are taking a shower, etc.
Doors do not close smoothly. The door will stop at the end of the door frame, so you have to pull really hard for it to go pass the frame and into its slot. This creates a very loud noise that everyone on the floor can hear!

OVERALL: If you can, avoid this hotel. I have stayed in two other hotels and was not fairly pleased with them ... but after this hotel, the other hotels I've stayed at in Tel Aviv are paradise compared to this one!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank CAN_Businessman

Allen, Texas
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Stayed there twice on one trip, as we left for Jerusalem in the middle for three nights.

The hotel is on the beach with the back looking at Mediterranean and the lobby on the opposite side. It is right in the middle of the boardwalk connecting The Ports of Tel Aviv and Jaffa. Wonderful location for getting places by foot or taxi, people watching, swimming and sunbathing. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Breakfast buffet was wonderful with Israeli or continental type of foods and hot stations. There were eggs, fish, cheese, but no meats. Overall variety was great, with the freshly squeezed OJ and a beautiful view of Mediterranean topping off the list.

The pool terrace adjacent to the lobby bar also had a wonderful view of the sea and the boardwalk.

On our first stay, we had a beautiful suite on the 16th floor with a view of the sea toward Jaffa. The room was large enough for two and comfortable with a king size bed and a cushy mattress. I am obsessed with cleanliness and the room could have been cleaner (it was dusty). We also had trouble getting our towels replaced and had to call several times asking for hand towels. (BTW, do not expect washcloths. There were none in the Jerusalem hotel either). When we call, towels were delivered quickly.

Our returned stay was not as pleasant. The room on the 8th floor was looking at the building roofs with only glimpses of the sea. The room was dirty (even gross) and we had to complain, but unfortunately we arrived too late and were too tired to ask to move the room.

Room Tip: The higher the better. We really enjoyed 1613.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
lauren z, Manager at Orchid Tel Aviv, responded to this review, 12 November 2013

Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I stayed at the Park Plaza for 6 nights while in Tel Aviv. I had booked an Ocean view room, instead I ended up in the old wing at the very back.

The room was small and very tired. There was rust in the bathroom ceiling panels.

Please do not mention service. I had to go to the front desk to complain after the room had not been cleaned for the second time in three days and the one time in those three days, the bed was made and nothing else.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business