“Worth a visit - interesting exhibits.”

Tel Aviv Museum of Art
Book In Advance
More Info
US$295.00*
and up
Tel Aviv Museums Tour from Tel Aviv Hotels
Ranked #6 of 279 things to do in Tel Aviv
More attraction details
Owner description: This museum features a rich collection of art including European works from the 16th to 19th centuries, Impressionism, Post-Impressionism and 20th-century modernism.
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The museum itself is an architectural wonder. In large and well space galleries, we enjoyed collections that were inspiring, provocative and disturbing. Some of the exhibits have accompanying film clips and of course, there is a collection of Impressionist artwork, a popular and perennial favorite among many museum attendees. We particularly enjoyed the special exhibit of the work of David Nipo and its presentation.

There are newer reviews for Tel Aviv Museum of Art

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Being experimental in nature, my wife and I decided to chuck out al the normal tourist destinations and wanted something exquisite. our trips to Persia was exactly that! Since Thomas Cook is well known and one of the few tours that have Iran as an option, we took the tour of Classic Persia. The moment we stepped out of the airport, we felt as if we were teleported to Alladdin's land. Rich Carpets, metal antiques, castle like structures before us, and lanes of market!

Tehran- shiraz- kermen seemed like a story scene sketched out of a Persian Classic. Pesepolis and pasargadae palaces took us back in history. The culture there is so different, we felt like aliens. If you want to experience something different in life, you must travel to Persia.

1  Thank sriamith
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Beautiful architecture, very interesting house collection impressionists 1850-1950 and actual exhibitions. Vik Muniz.
Ideal to go on a saturday, with due to the sabbath a lot of general closings.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

The (new) building is splendid and perfectly supplements the contents. The rooms are cavernous and the exhibits displayed spread far apart, and this creates a wonderful feeling of space and makes the most of each exhibit.

A few exhibits fall into my personal "Emperor's clothes" category but I have never been to a modern art mueum which contained so many moving and challenging works of art. The variety of style and media is breathtaking. I must also put in a special word for the Library who were embarrassingly helpful in helping me with some research into an almost unknown artist whom I happen to be researching.

I could easily have spent a whole day in this, the best museum of art I have ever visited in the world.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Relatively small museum with some outstanding post-impressionist and early 20th century pieces, especially in the Mayer collection.
Small enough that one can see the entire museum in a leisure hour and a half.