“friendly place, good location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tel Aviv
Beit Immanuel Hostel
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Spent one night here and could have stayed longer. This was a very interesting place considering its history with the Ustinovs (grandparents of Peter Ustinov, the actor) Be sure to read up on this before you stay as you will appreciate the place more. We were in the cheapest room which was very clean and had a great bathroom and shower. Breakfast was good and very fresh and was served buffet style. The people who worked here and stayed here were very friendly and you could hang out in the lobby or in a nice outside courtyard. There is a fascinating old church next door that is being rehabbed. We arrived 3 hours early and they let us have a room right away, which was very much appreciated. This is a good safe location for walking around town. We walked to the beach and went along the boardwalk to Jaffa, the ancient port, which is well worth exploring for a day. Beit Immanuel was about a half hour taxi ride from Ben Gurion airport and was easy to arrange at the airport upon arrival. Cost of the cab was around $40, I think. They have a meeting room for church services at the hostel and they let me play the piano and even seemed to appreciate it. Nice, quiet , laid back place. We loved it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank darwin31

Reviewed 11 October 2013

I spent one night there. .itching in bed.. and worse at 4 am it was freezing in the room. the air conditioner does not function well...till 6 am freezing lucky the sun come out at 6 so I could sleep again
the building is going to collapse with the first earthquake, the need revamp , the hostel is horrible ,especially they need an elevator as it is very hard on the stairs with luggage
breakfast was inside the hostel not in the garden.....maybe I am getting to old for such adventures in an old building

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mitzi123466789
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This place is very peaceful and calm. Breakfast is fresh with cheeses, fruits, veggies, toast, cereal, yogurt, etc. The room I was given was quite spacious with two beds, kitchenette, and balcony. The staff is kind and helpful. The grounds are gated and there's a nice courtyard outside. The tile in my room needed to be replaced, but everything functioned fine for what I needed. For being in such a busy location, this place is unbelievably quiet, so I don't care about the little things.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank CharlaMH
Reviewed 19 May 2013

My husband and I had 4 nights in Tel Aviv before joining an organised Bible Lands tour. We found this place while searching on the internet and were very pleased. Our accommodation was on the second floor but had a balcony, bathroom and kitchenette which made our stay more affordable by eating local food. There were volunteers from all over the world helping to run the place so met many interesting people and really enjoyed joining them for worship and prayer each morning but this is entirely optional. It was really near Jaffa with all its history and also near the beach for a chill out time. It was clean and very welcoming-perfect.

Room Tip: I think we had one of the best rooms but there was also more hostel like rooms which were less expen...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sally B
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I stayed here the night before I caught my flight back to London. I traveled by bus from Migdal, Galilee and it was a pleasant and very straight forward journey. From the bus stop its under a 5 min walk and I was greeted by a great receptionist who gave me my key without delay. I had a triple room to myself and I felt a great joy when arriving from the long journey. Wifi was good and there was tea/coffee making facilities. Shower was hot and clean. The next day I took a walk into the Old city which was around 10 mins and the sea front. I would recommend to anyone who wants a cheap place to rest their head before a flight out of Tel Aviv!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Lukie89
Reviewed 15 August 2012

We stayed in 1995. The stairs with our luggage was a schlepp. We were in a dormitory type set up with several beds to a room. There was no air. It was really unpleasant with the exception of the lovely garden. But then we came again in 2003. There had been a huge renovation. Everything was different. There was air conditioning. Rooms were private, and the lobby was new and spacious. The price was still reasonable, the food lovely out in the garden.

Room Tip: Because of the steps, if you have problems walking, ask for a room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Psalmreader
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I agree with all the 2012 reviews: The hotel was clean and comfortable, the location wasn't bad, and I met many friendly and interesting people. The rooms look a little old, and the beds are firm; but, that didn't affect my comfort at all. I didn't see any sign of the bugs mentioned in some of the 2010 reviews.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo