“Good Not Great”

Gordon Inn
San Francisco, California
“Good Not Great”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed at the Gordon Inn for a few days back in June and had a good experience. The room was clean, people were nice, and the location was great. The staff were definitely the best part as they were super friendly and welcoming and went out of their way to help me figure out the city.

That said after doing some hostel hopping in Europe this is definitely in the middle of the pack. The facilities were fine but nothing all that special and certainly not updated in the recent past. The people were sort of a random mix too so if I went back and was going to stay in a hostel I'd have to recommend Hayarkon 48.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
GordonInn, Manager at Gordon Inn, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Adam,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are happy that you had a good experience with us.
We have the best staff in town - Thank you for your compliment!
We are trying to do our best- and make every guest feel like home. We invite you to stay at the Gordon Inn next time when you are in Tel Aviv and See for yourself how we have improved.

Gilad

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The Gordon in is at a perfect location, it is very close to the beach and quite close to the famous Carmel-Market and other important streets and spots of Tel Aviv.
The employees were quite nice but didn't seem to be very motivated.
The breakfast was a normal israeli breakfast!
I simply disliked the fact, that the whole place is falling a bit apart which is a real pity, considering the huge potential.

Nevertheless, I would always stay there again if I'm in Tel Aviv!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
GordonInn, Manager at Gordon Inn, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, it is essential to make improvements to our hostel. We appreciate your honesty and glad to hear that you would stay with us again. We are hoping next time you arrive you will have a bit better of an experience. Thank you for choosing to stay with us!

Best regards,

Gordon Inn
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed for the fourth time in Gordon. This time on the ground floor in a private room with shower instead a closet. I didn't care because I used the extra bed for my clothes. I like the place because it is close to the beach, you meet nice people(young and eldery people), the staff is helpful, free coffee and tea,close to a busstation and on walking distance from Dizengoff and other nice places. You can cook for youself in a clean kitchen. everything you need is present. Breakfast with plenty of choice. There are not so many seats in the breakfastroom but you can also sit on the balcony. Cleaning is only the essential. Opposite the hostel you can eat the best frozen yogurt of town.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
GordonInn, Manager at Gordon Inn, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Katinka,

We are happy to see our returning guests happy...and returning! Thanks for taking the time to write us a review. Its always good to hear when a guests enjoys our many amenities. Hope to see you next time you venture to Tel Aviv!

Manager
San Diego, California
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This was my first time staying at a hostel. Normally I am used to nice, clean hotels, so I was a little nervous going into this situation. Yet, the Gordon Inn was a pleasant surprise! My friend and I booked a private room with a bathroom inside. The room was great! It was surprisingly clean, the beds were as comfortable as I was expecting them to be, and the bathroom was clean enough and very convenient. Not to mention, there was air conditioning! We originally booked this hostel because of it's location to everything in Tel Aviv, and boy was the location perfect! 1 block from the beautiful beaches, there are great cafes and restaurants scattered all around in the neighborhood, and the bars and clubs are not a far walk either.

Finally, the staff was great! They made us feel comfortable as they were super friendly and welcoming. Also they were helpful with great recommendations for around the area and help getting back to the airport early in the morning.

People are complaining about it being a little pricey, which it slightly was, but remember that you are in Tel Aviv (pretty pricey already) and that you are getting great services and clean rooms for the prices. Next time I am back in Tel Aviv, which is hopefully sooner than later, I will definitely come back and book a longer stay!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
GordonInn, Manager at Gordon Inn, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Gabbie!

Thank you for informed and detailed review. There is a first time for everything and we're glad you chose the Gordon Inn for your first hostel experience. Next time you need to be more hardcore and stay in the dorms! We are happy to fulfill all your hostel needs, including the AC. We are always pleased when we get wonderful compliments about our staff. We take pride in the receptionists that we have working for us! We are also trying to keep our prices as affordable as possible. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again soon. Thanks again for the review.

Manager
Edwards, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 20 June 2014

When I booked at the Gordon Inn, I was looking for the cheapest room possible. I ended up sharing a room on the top floor with a couple of guys there for the long haul. The shower was great and the bed wasn't bad. Which is all I was really looking for. But the crew that works there is fun and inviting. I ended up going out with my new roommate Garrett and Justin and Ori from the front desk met up with us. And the location was great to chill at the beach... which I did not expect to be as awesome as it was. Good times all around.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
GordonInn, Manager at Gordon Inn, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Hey there Ashley,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
We are pleased you enjoyed our facilities, and you had the chance to get to know out perfect staff!
Our staff love meeting people from around the world and helping them get the most out of their stay in Israel.
Hope to see you on your next vacation.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed in a private room at this hostel and I couldn't have asked for a better experience! It was my first time exploring Tel Aviv on my own and the staff (especially Justin) was so helpful in telling me the best spots, directions, and everything else I needed to know. Justin really made me feel at home and comfortable in Tel Aviv, probably because we bonded over originally from the same town in LA (which was very exciting to discover). The hostel is a block away from the beautiful, popular beach and right near the most fun major streets to walk around and shop. It is also an easy walk up to the namal, Rabin square, and pretty much anywhere else in Tel Aviv. The room was super clean and had air conditioning, which is all I needed. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
GordonInn, Manager at Gordon Inn, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear Danielle!

It was our pleasure to host you. reviews like yours help us to remember why we choose this profession.
Thank you for motivate us, and make us believe that we are doing good for our guests.
We are pleased to provide you warm and personal attitude, and happy that you had the chance to know Tel Aviv from our point of view.
Hope to see you next time! (Justin is waiting....)

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

A clean room with powerful air con (i stayed in a private room). I would say it was slightly over priced but then again everything in Israel is! The fittings in the toilet areas could use a little modernisation but these are the only parts of the hostel that could be updated.

Breakfast was not exactly a spread but it certainly wasn't necessary to go elsewhere.The breakfast bar overlooking the street was also a nice touch.

The location was ok (could be a little more central) with Jaffa being a 40min walk but certainly not a bad location. The Bauhaus centre is only a 10min walk away which was very handy.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
GordonInn, Manager at Gordon Inn, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Testing,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we appreciate your kind words.
We are trying to do our best with everything relating to the cleanliness of the rooms, renovation and arrange them in order to fits the guests needs..
We are happy you had a good time in our hostel, and we invite you to stay with us in your next vacation!