“Cozy and welcoming”
Review of Central Hotel

Ranked #90 of 101 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Very hard to find as it is tucked into very busy Ben Yahuda Street, and the sign blends in to the surrounding businesses, but a nice stay. It is small, as are rooms in major metropolises. If you've ever stayed in Manhattan or London you will know that you can pack into a small room. They accommodated my 6-year old daughter via folding mattresses and the breakfast was very nice with chopped salad, boiled eggs, and an assortment of yogurts, cereals and breads.

Even though it was a busy street and my wife wakes at the slightest sound the windows and blinds kept her asleep.

Room Tip: Let them know you need to accommodate children and Netanel or Regina will work with you.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Netanelcom, Manager at Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Mr. Kevin& family

Thank you for you lovely review.

Was really nice to serve you and your family and assist you in any case that was needed and
hope it was on the best way for you.

We are waiting for your next time at our hotel and wish you the best for your family

Team

Reviewed 2 February 2014

It's a really nice place, with the cutest garden, really amazing and the rooms are clean, even though sometimes it doesn't smell great. The rooms are a bit small, as the bed is so big it could fit 3-4 people. Which can make it difficult with suitcases as it is cramped. But it is 1 minute from the beach! Breakfast was gone by 9.15, which was a pity as we had pretty poor breakfasts due to this.

4  Thank SophiadeW
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We spent a night here for a birthday weekend away in the city (I live in Israel). The room was billed as 'spacious' which is a joke as it was tiny. Also, as we were on the ground floor the room was stuffy and smelt heavily of air freshener (probably used to mask the stuffy smell). When I asked to move I was told there were no other rooms available. However, saying that it was clean and the beds were comfortable. And it is very central and close to the beach.

Then there was the noise, we could hear everything from reception plus all the other guests tramping past our room. Then at 4am two men were arguing in the street outside and kept us away until 6am. If you're on a strict budget then it's OK but I will not be staying here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room upstairs, then you don't have everyone tramping past your room.
7  Thank Athena D
Netanel C, Manager at Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2014

Dear Guest

thank you for share your experience at our lovely hotel.

We do receive your reservation for the last minute and could not move you to our suite
Our hotel is one of the Bauhaus building which was built in 1927.

The hotel is really famous for his architecture and we invite all the people who interested with
a good quality for the rate.

Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

The central hotel lacks curb appeal but don't let that put you off! My single room was small but perfectly formed, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the location was incredible, less than 5min walk from the beach. The room was very nicely furnished with quality bedding and some quirky touches that made it feel like home. The only downside was the road noise, but I found it easy enough to sleep. I would recommend this hotel to young people who want to experience tel aviv in comfort but on a bit of a budget. I would certainly come back!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rebecca M
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I really like the design aesthetic of the Central Hotel. The room we had was a bit on the smaller side but it had a mini-fridge and a hot-water heater. We LOVED the bed. It was huge and it felt like we were sleeping on a cloud. So comfortable. All of the staff we interacted with was super friendly and helpful. They helped us figure out bus routes to all the attractions we wanted to see and helped us arrange a taxi to the airport. The location is near the beach and lots of restaurants, but you'll have to take a bus to see many of the major attractions Tel Aviv offers. We were glad to have free breakfast, but the selection was a bit inconsistent (like one day there will be fruit yogurt and the next, it'll seem to have run out) and no one really comes in to clean up the plates until breakfast is over, so the plates tend to pile up at tables or in the sink. Perhaps it was because we came during low season. Also, the bathroom is not attached to the room, it's a PART of the room separated with one frosted glass wall, with no vent that I could tell or lock on the door. So, whenever my husband and I spent a little too long in it (if you catch my drift), the smell would drift over into the rest of the room. If you're cool about bodily functions, it's totally fine. Otherwise, it can be a bit on the embarrassing side. We generally enjoyed our stay here and would definitely consider staying here again if we're in Tel Aviv in the future.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

The room was way too small and claustrophobic. It was noisy and the man at the reception was rather unfriendly. The good points were that they had managed to fit a lot into this cubbywhole, it was clean and the wi-fi was fast and for free.
I wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank nedneds
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I recently stayed at Central Hotel for 1 night. I am a 21 year old American who has stayed in hotels in Tiberias, Ein Gedi, Haifa and Jerusalem and I can definitely say that this hotel is good quality. The pictures online make the hotel look appealing, but in person, the hotel is much much more. I was surprise and delighted by the firmness of the bed, the size of the bathtub and the variety of food served at breakfast. I have honestly never had the option of deciding between bath and shower at hotels or bed and breakfasts in Israel. Honestly, a bath can make all the difference sometimes. At breakfast, guests have the option of sitting by the buffet or on the outside patio. I paid something between 60-75 USD (around 270 NIS) and I definitely got more than what I paid for. Then, in terms of location, it is right by the beach, near various restaurants and malls and only 3 kilometers from Old Jaffa. Lastly, the owner always made sure to provide advice, directions or suggestions and he was therefore very helpful. I would return to Central Hotel and I urge others to consider coming here.