“Very good hotel”
Review of Townhouse Tel Aviv

Townhouse Tel Aviv
Ranked #72 of 101 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We stayed for one night at the Townhouse in the beginning of July. After having been to another hotel where the rooms were ridiculously small, the room at the Townhouse seemed huge, and so was the bathroom. It was fully equipped, with A/C, including an expresso machine of the Nespresso type, hair dryer, good quality shampoo etc. The breakfast was indeed excellent, with many dishes to chose from, all home-made (the yogourt was delicious!). Coffee (expresso, capuccino) was available all day long, with fruits and cookies.
We liked Neve Tzedek area, which we thought had more character than the northern part of Tel-Aviv. The staff was very helpful, giving us a list of restaurants according to our taste and indications on how to get there.
Considering the rooms prices in Tel-Aviv, Townhouse was an excellent option.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hanemu

Reviewed 14 August 2013

A real find. And I will certainly be returning. Terrific location, close to the always busy Rotschild Boulevard, but remarkably quiet. I had a room in the basement which was enormous, stylish and very, very comfortable. Staff couldn't have been more helpful. And breakfast, taken with other guests around the large communal table in the hall, was superb. Can't wait for my next visit to Tel Aviv.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JCCMLondon
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Nice design atmosphere.

Elegant and finely equipped room, with attention to details.

Location in the best part of Tel Aviv.

Rich breakfast, excellent free wifi connection.

Staff could have been more friendly for the price you pay

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Catapaolo
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Charming and cosy boutique hotel. Perfect location!! On the corner of the trendy Rotschild Blvd., but still on a quiet area. It is surrounded by all kinds of trendy restaurants and some nightclubs, but I didn't hear noise from my room. I did love staying there! The rooms are very comfortable, stylish and silent. The bed is so good that you don't feel like getting out of it. The staff is nice and helpful. When we've arrived there, there were some complimentary cookies, coffee (with a nespresso kind of coffee machine) and a big bottle of water in our room. The breakfast doesn't have a wide variety of food, but it won't make you feel hungry. That's the only thing I think they could improve. I would stay there again for sure!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mariuza
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Fantastic location. Though they only have one bike they are close to the tel-o-fun. (Bikes for hire like in London). They are a 10minute ride to the best part of the beach. 20 min ride to Jaffa and 5 min walk from some of the best restaurants.

The hotel is small but very well decorated with nice touches like expresso machines your room. The staff are friendly and very helpful. Breakfast is good.

Overall one of the nicest boutique hotels I have stayed in.

Room Tip: Select a higher floor if you want it to be quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jonnysh
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Very well located, 10 mns from the beach and 30 mns from Jaffa by foot, close to Rotschild Boulevard.
Very nice building and entrance (be prepared to carry your luggage on the 4-5 steps to reach the hotel) and a great cosy place, more on the 'chambre d'hôtes' style than hotel. Lost of great details - including cookies, expresso and drinks available all day long - nice design, great breakfast with homemade and bio products, nice rooms with great bathroom.
However, our room was on the street and because of works and traffic, we hardly slept at night. This is really a shame as it ruined my first good impression, rooms are not cheap and you would expect the owners to anticipate this kind of basic prerequisite.
When we asked the reception, we were answered that there was double glass window which I really doubt. We were suggested to ask for a back room next time ... unfortunately, as boutique hotels are flourishing in Tel Aviv, I think there will be no next time for us.

Room Tip: Back rooms absolutely
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I have never written a review before for a hotel. I say I will but then get home and don't.

I felt compelled to write this due to how memorable and fabulous I found my experience to be.

Travelling on my own the hotel staff were like being with friends. Warm and super helpful, helping in finding whatever it is I needed I.e asking friends for recommendations of where to buy the best bikinis, arranging to keep a room free for me to shower and change before flying, having a chat with in the mornings or on return from my days expeditions.

Great breakfasts with small details like free snacks and drinks always in the lounge to take whenever you like I.e coming down to get a hot chocolate in the middle of the night.. Really like staying in a friends house.

The rooms are cute, well furnished, good bed and super comfortable.
Telaviv is a true mix of new and old. Friends were having the total opposite experience staying in one of the huge corporate 5 star old hotels, paying huge amounts of money for terrible service, food and experience.

All in all one of the most lovely travel experiences I have had - and I have had many!

And great value!