“Fantastic hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #67 of 98 Hotels in Tel Aviv
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I went to the hotel for a meeting where I was greeted by the hotel's manager and welcomed by a wonderful selection of breakfast delights. The staff were so friendly and offered me freshly prepared eggs, coffee and salads. The general vibe is super relaxed and the decor is very chic. It feels like I've stepped into a home rather than any of the usual hotels I frequent.
The location is excellent and this little hidden hotel is a real gem that I recommend to anyone contemplating their stay in tel aviv.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Maggie8038
MCF7200, General Manager at Townhouse Tel Aviv, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Thank you for your kind review, glad you enjoyed the breakfast at the hotel and hope to see you back very soon, warm regards from Tel Aviv.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Townhouse Hotel in Tel Aviv is a small, intimate hotel located on a semi-quiet street. The staff is excellent, always willing to help those without Hebrew or just those that help. Breakfast is served as a buffet from 7 to 10 a.m. Loaded with healthy choices, it is a convenience for the guest. Cold water and coffee, tea and hot chocolate are available all day. Rooms are quite large with king sized beds, a refrigerator, a safe for valuables and brightly lit with in room adjustable AC. The bathroom has a walk-in shower, free robes and slippers and a large number of towels. Although not cheap, it charges less than other larger hotels. I recommend the Townhouse Hotel for a pleasant stay in a wonderful city.

Room Tip: Good rooms are available throughout the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank hoshior
Dear hoshior, WOW what a super review, its was a pleasure having you as our guest and look forward to seeing you back with us very soon. Warm regards from Tel Aviv
Bracknell
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I arrived here this morning from Luton red-eye flight and got to the hotel at 7.45 am. they were so laid back and said have breakfast and coffee and we will check you in after. So much removed from the informal major chains that I have stayed in. It was like being greeted by family. I will further report after 8 days but what a brilliant way to be greeted. Very friendly and apparently you can drop back in any time of day and feast on their scrumptious bakery selection and coffee! Bring afriend or two no problem..this is to me the future of hotels. It has I think 19 rooms and mine is cool clean, big shower and totally relaxing. I arrived this morning and went straight to work in another boutique hotel ( the norman ) which is opening soon. so far 10 out of 10. will report more as the week goes on.

Room Tip: mine is number 7..no balcony faces back over car park. Ask for a balcony if you are a smoker.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank mikenclare
Dear mikenclare,
Hey thank you so much for your review, so looking forward to reading the follow up's.... Its really great that you like the hotel and the family feeling we work so hard to maintain... You for being our guest. Warm regards
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I was here on business. It is calm and quiet and a good location. The desk clerk, a young American whose name I don't know was quite helpful in finding a great restaurant, a limo and a store that sold a cable for my projector. Breakfast was awesome and lived up to the hype my colleagues had poured on about Israeli breakfast. My family has always wanted to visit Israel (from the US). When we return we shall stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Galuachiwewe
MCF7200, General Manager at Townhouse Tel Aviv, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for the kind review, and for selecting our hotel for your recent stay. Have a great Summer and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Israel is always exciting and to stay in the Townhouse Tel Aviv--in the center near Rothschild Blvd--made it even better. I was in the middle of so much movement. The room was fresh and had the electrical outlets I needed for my computer and other items. The adapters were supplied as I needed them. Food? excellent breakfast and if I was a little late, the hotel staff was very accommodating to my needs.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank peppie T
Thank you so much for your kind review of the Townhouse Tel Aviv, look forward to welcoming you back very soon and warm regards from Tel Aviv
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed in the Townhouse for 18 Nights.The personel very eager to please. Staff made me feel like home
The Hotel is in a Perfect location in Tel Aviv, it is just a short walk to good restaurants and bars of all kinds, Thanks Rachel for helping me book this hotel, everything was Perfect.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Kenneth F
Dear Kenneth F,
Thank you so much for reviewing the Townhouse Tel Aviv hotel, its great to read positive comments about our staff and hope that we have the pleasure of seeing you back very soon.
Warm regards from Tel Aviv
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Based on the great reviews we read, we booked the hotel, however, we were very disappointed to learn that the hotel hospitality is just like all other Israeli hotels... rude and careless. We spent two hours of hour vacation time dealing with hotel staff to replace light bulbs. After asking numerous times for them to fix it, our electricity went out entirely in our room. Because they didn't have the decency to inform us of this issue during the day, we ended up having to move to another room at 1 AM, by way of a flashlight on our iPhone. Just as we were settling in nice and cozy into our new "deluxe" suite, we were warmly greeted by a huge cockroach right outside our door. What did management have to say about our eventful stay? "Did you the lights never go off in your own home?" and "Cockroaches? You're in the middle east what do you expect?" Have to admit that the location is great, but we were totally unimpressed by staff and how they handled the situation.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JorjePaco
Dear JorjePaco, I'm sorry to have read your review, unfortunately you left out a few details for our readers. firstly, the bulbs blew due to you or someone in your room plugging in a 110V electrical device, and there was an electrical fault in the hotel due to a power surge on your floor to which I apologize. regarding the bugs, I did not see any or did we have any complaints about that. Your request or demands were not met. I'm sorry for the occurrences that happened and would request that you contact me directly should you wish to. Wishing you only well and hope that you might give us a second chance in the future. Warm regards from Tel Aviv