“Amazing Hotel in the heart of Tel Aviv” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shenkin Hotel

Shenkin Hotel
Ranked #16 of 98 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Zurich, Switzerland
“Amazing Hotel in the heart of Tel Aviv”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

I have been at Shenkin Hotel for only a couple of nights, but I am sure I will come back! The hotel is only 20 minutes away from the airport and 15 minutes walking from the shore, and it is in the heart of the city, it just pops out among private houses and it fits perfectly. The hotel is so clean you feel you are at home. The staff is made of young, smart and interesting people who speak English fluently. The room welcomes you with amazing chocolate pralines and the tv greets you as you turn it on. The bathroom is comfortable, with soft and clean towels and a very spacious shower. Free wifi, free coffee and tea and other hot beverages 24 hours a day. I really have nothing to point out to this structure.
When I'll go back to Tel Aviv I am sure I will go straight there once again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank HappyAlYes
AnatteLitvak, General Manager at Shenkin Hotel, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Dear HappyAIYes,

It was a pleasure having you amongst our first guests at the hotel, and we thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We are glad that you felt at home at our hotel as a result of the level of cleanliness. It’s also wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our in-room freebies, hi-tech TV, and pampering amenities.
We would love nothing more than to be given the opportunity to welcome you back on your next trip to Tel Aviv.

Warmest Regards,

Anatte Litvak

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Hebrew first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

Really recommend this hotel. It's brand new and in a great location. 10 mins walk from the beach but in a good area with leafy residential streets and cool shops and cafes - much more character than on the beachfront where you could be anywhere. The rooms are quite small but they are nicely done and modern. There's a great rooftop terrace with sun loungers, and free coffee and homemade biscuits in an outside lounge area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jetset2000
Dear Jetset2000,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review here on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our services and residential location - on a quiet street in the heart of Tel Aviv near some of the city's coolest bars, and best restaurants and cafes.

Our rooms vary in size from 13sqm to 30sqm and are priced accordingly – we have something for every budget.

Thanks again for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

I only stayed here for 2 nights on my transfer to the airport, but wish I could stay longer! The hotel overall was very clean, had beautiful local art pieces, and friendly staff (well some of them... I found the female receptionists more friendly and willing to help lol).

When I went into my room I was greeted with a message on my TV screen with my name and with the local weather and things to do in the area. The in-room bathroom had a cool frosted glass wall that you can turn on and off so you can watch TV while in the shower... lol. Also the soaps/shampoos had Dead Sea minerals in them. Pretty neat stuff!

The free breakfast was good but my only gripe was that it was offsite at a nearby restaurant (you had 2 options to choose from). I wish they had it in the hotel itself, but they are a small hotel so I guess it's better to support the local community and have it at the nice little café. :)

I'll definitely stay here again if I come back to Tel Aviv again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Justin P
AnatteLitvak, General Manager at Shenkin Hotel, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Dear Justin P,

Thank you for the kind words and for choosing to stay with us.

We are glad to hear that you found the staff friendly and helpful and the facilities state of the art – including the Smart TV system and frosted glass bathroom at the touch of a button.

The reason we do not have breakfast in the hotel is because we have received such positive feedback from the complimentary coffee, tea, cookies, and cakes that we have in our lobby area, and that our guests really seem to enjoy the experience of eating at a local café a few meters from the hotel.

We would love to be given the opportunity to welcome you back during your next stay.

Lisboa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

The hotel is very recent (just 4 monts when we visited it) and modern, with a quality design,very confortable and spacious rooms (we were lucky to be upgraded), loved the bathroom! The staff is great, very helpfull and attentive. Definitely recomend it

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rodrigo M
AnatteLitvak, General Manager at Shenkin Hotel, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Dear Rodrigo M,

Thank you for choosing Shenkin Hotel on your most recent trip to Tel Aviv.

We are glad that you enjoyed the service, design, and comfort of our 4 month old boutique hotel, and we are also very happy that you enjoyed your free upgrade. We try to upgrade our guests whenever possible to make their stay with us that much more pleasant.

We would love o be given the opportunity to welcome you back to Shenkin Hotel on your next trip to Tel Aviv.

Milan, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

I really appreciate the style of the hotel: my compliments to the architect! Well positioned, clean and with a nice roof top. I also found good the choice to have a very young staff, in line with the style of the hotel. Very comfortable rooms, even if a bit small. Great breakfast in the partner restaurants (they don't have dining room even if coffee machine and authomatic distributors are available) at 2 min walking distance from the hotel. I absolutely suggest Shenkin hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for superior rooms, maybe larger
Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Fabri_i2013,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review here on Tripadvisor and for choosing to stay with us!

We are glad to hear that you really liked the style and comfort of the hotel, and that you found our young staff of Tel Avivians in style with the concept “Locals know best” and the atmosphere of the hotel.

Thanks again for your warm recommendation, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Sincerely yours,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

My husband and I decided to stay in Tel Aviv on a whim. We were there in our car so we basically hopped around and checked out rooms in a few of the top boutique hotels tripadvisor listed for Tel Aviv. The Shenkin was by far the best.

It has a funky hip design which I loved in a quiet residential street which makes you feel like you found something special. Basically the rooms are larger and newer than the other designer places and also nicer most of the tired rooms in the upscale hotels.

They gave us a suite for a very reasonable price and it was gorgeous fresh clean and spacious with a lovely modern bathroom. Free wifi and complimentary water, coffee machine and yummy biscuits downstairs in lounge!

I especially loved the beautiful rooftop terrace where I lounged in the morning. The breakfast (down the road) was great, and I wish I had booked a treatment in their spa downstairs!

The staff went out of their way to help us out at all hours and my only regret is that we couldn't stay longer. We'll be back!!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Kylielif
Dear Kylielif,

We are so glad that your spontaneity resulted in you, your husband, and your beautiful baby staying with us for a night in our Junior Suite. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the modern and comfortable design, location, rooftop sundeck, and complimentary wifi and coffee area. Next time you visit, we’ll be happy to book you a pampering treatment in one of our spa suites.

We look forward to your next spontaneous urban escape and are glad that we could make your stay with us – albeit a short one – a wonderful experience.

Warmest Regards,

Haifa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

Very new hotel in TA, close to Allenby, King George and to Geula beach
Good, clean and nice rooms, very kind, helpful and polite staff !!
Wifi and free coffee, water and good cookies in the garden
Breakfast in close cafe around the corner - several options to select from

Room Tip: If possible don't choose room 404 as this is the only one without window to be opened, only A/C
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Gabriele S
AnatteLitvak, General Manager at Shenkin Hotel, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
Dear Gabriele S,

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the amenities and services were up to your standards.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel during your next urban escape in Tel Aviv.