“Hip, clean and super friendly hotel”
Review of Shenkin Hotel

Shenkin Hotel
Ranked #16 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Ventura, California
“Hip, clean and super friendly hotel”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I had a great stay here. The hotel is located in easy walking distance to the busy and happening Shenkin and Rothschild streets. It feels either brand new or freshly renovated with lots of stylish details. The rooms are definitely on the small side but they do have a very nice outdoor patio and a roof top terrace you can use. The best part was the staff. My two work colleagues and I arrived straight from a long flight from California feeling weary and needy and we put the two guys at the front desk through their paces. They were super happy and friendly and eager to please. I will definitely go back.

• Stayed January 2014
Yael B, General Manager at Shenkin Hotel, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you for sharing such a positive feedback on your recent stay at Shenkin Hotel.
I was happy to share your comments regarding the staff with my colleagues, compliments like those are extremely motivating for us.

I am happy to hear that you also enjoyed the central location and that you liked our contemporary design, the hotel is indeed brand new, we opened it on May 2013.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel, assuring you of our best attention & services at all times.

manager@shenkinhotel.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Hebrew first
Washington DC
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Just finished a 3 night stay at the Shenkin. The hotel is in an excellent location - very easy to walk to most everything. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room itself was pleasant - the bed very comfortable, nice linens, and very nice bathroom products. They also provided a complimentary bottle of wine, some chocolates, bottled water- and the wifi was excellent and free. The only downside was the shower - it itself was nice, but the water went out of the tub and made a mess on the floor, which had no drain, which caused the bathroom to smell of mildew. Not a huge deal, but I did get tired of using all my towels to mop up the floors, especially when I was being really really careful.... I really enjoyed the breakfast voucher - being able to go to a few different restaurants and have delicious meals free of charge was a treat.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Yael B, General Manager at Shenkin Hotel, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you for your review and for staying with us at Shenkin Hotel. I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed the room, the amenities , the Free WI-FI and the breakfast.
I am also proud that the team was able to leave such a positive impression, after all, alongside our excellent location, they are our true asset.
Thank you for your feedback with regards to the shower, we will look into this issue, and I am sure we will find a solution to better drain the water.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback. The Shenkin team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Tel Aviv in the near future.

Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Shenkin Hotel have very good location, very nice and net rooms. The staff is good and gave us very good service. NIce facilities. Shenkin Hotel is desgin beautifuly.
The value of money is medium-low.
I recommend on this hotel

1 Thank adi y
Dear Adi,
I appreciate you taking the time to review us and further appreciate you choosing to stay at the Shenkin Hotel.
I am very pleased that our team was able to leave you with such a positive impression, and that you enjoyed the facilities and the location.
Thank you for recommending the hotel, we are looking forward to welcome you back to the hotel.
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed 14 January 2014

it was a great weekend being in this hotel, enjoying it's wonderful facilities such as great showers, wonderful massages and nice surprises in the room (bottle of wine, box full of chocolates etc). the front desk was very helpful and the breakfast was excellent as well.
the location of the hotel is the best spot of tel aviv and i recommend every tourist to experience this tiny and modern hotel.
p.s - don't miss the top floor!

1 Thank itai83
Dear Itai,
Thank you for sharing your lovely compliments! I truly appreciate you taking the time to review us and I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.

A memorable stay such as yours is what we aim to deliver to every guest.

I look forward to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future,
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I stayed at the hotel alone, instead of with relatives, unexpectedly and found this place a true gem. The place is nicely set up, well situated, clean and the staff and management are kind and helpful. There is a great ambience and a nice area for coffee and fresh cake to sit and relax. Breakfast is optional and flexibly arranged at a nearby restaurant. The shook, the neighbouring streets and the sites are a close walk away. The room was comfortable and has all the amenities you need including a small fridge, safe and dryer. The setup is pleasant and chic yet homey.
Yael, the manager is visible and helpful and the front desk responds responsibly and willingly.
I would go back anytime! Can be a rest or an active spot..Loved it!!

Room Tip: if you are solo the smallest room is fine..They make great use of all the space!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank occmed
Thank you so much for posting your most gracious review on TripAdvisor following your stay at Shenkim Hotel. My team and I are delighted to know we were able to make your stay with us so pleasant.
I look forward to welcoming you back to our “Gem” , Please contact me personally when you
wish to make the arrangements for your next trip to Israel, I will be very happy to assist you.

. Sincerely,
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at this new hotel. The room was great and the location close to Shenkin St. was perfect. The roof-terrace looks great and is probably very good when it is a little warmen than now (january). The staff was very helpfull and serviceminded.

1 Thank Anne S
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I stayed at the Shenkin Hotel 2 times, first at the end of December and then a week later after going to Jerusalem and Haifa. Both times, I was very pleased with the accommodations, service, and location of the hotel.
The room was clean and extremely modern. I was welcomed with a bottle of wine in the room, chocolates, and mineral water. There were also unlimited cookies and cappuccinos in the outdoor patio.
Every person on staff is very friendly and helpful. They had an extra charger at my disposal for my cellphone, helped me find outstanding restaurants within the area, and set up my cab back to the airport at a less expensive price than I paid on the way there. Also, I was able to make both unlimited local and even international calls for free. What other hotel offers that service, especially at Shenkin's competitive price?
Last but not least, the location of the hotel is marvelous. The Shook (market) is just a 2 minute walk away, and the shopping districts on Shenkin and Rothschild are very close. Also, I was able to walk to the beach area in just 10 minutes. Going to Tel-Aviv and Haifa ports are just 30 minute walks as well.
If you want a nice hotel at a reasonable price, I highly recommend Shenkin. I will be back there next time I go to Tel-Aviv!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo