“I like the staff here. The hotel and room were very clean and very nice.”
Review of Shenkin Hotel

Shenkin Hotel
Ranked #16 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
New York City, New York
“I like the staff here. The hotel and room were very clean and very nice.”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I was on my way to a family wedding in Tveria and did not spend much time in the hotel. The hotel and the room were very clean including the bed and the bathroom. It was tiny but very nice. The staff at check in was extremely friendly and considerate. Possibly more considerate than I have ever experienced before. Let me take the chance to say while I have only recently started reviewing, I have been to over 40 countries and countless cities across the world and I have been to Israel 12 times. I was very intrigued when the front desk persons found that in some way, I had paid too much for something and they corrected it immediately without me even knowing. Honestly, I would not have known but they wanted to make sure it was correct in my favor with exacting accuracy. I appreciate the consideration and honestly here more than anything. Traveling can be hard even for the most travelled person and paying for items can be difficult. Here was made easy by an easy to talk to, interested and honest staff. I needed to leave early so I did not try the breakfast but the coffee was nice. I have to add, the morning front desk person was equally helpful and friendly and spent time with me explaining the taxi prices and best ways to get to Tveria. The advise was very helpful as I was on a schedule and I did not want to make a mistake. I would stay here again when in Tel Aviv for these reasons and it is in a great location as well. A quiet street near many bustling ones.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Yael B, General Manager at Shenkin Hotel, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear 154experttraveller,

Thank you for taking the time to review Shenkin Hotel and for sharing your lovely compliments.
A memorable stay such as yours is what we aim to deliver to our guests, your appreciation of the honest, friendly & helpful team is what makes all of our efforts worthwhile.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to the hotel and hope that you will be able to spend more time with us so that you can enjoy all of our services including the breakfast, spa & our rooftop terrace.

manager@shenkinhotel.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 17 March 2014

The staff was unfailingly helpful and positive working hard to make it a great visit. I was a little surprised though that some of the front desk staff had limited Hebrew ( I had wanted help with some theater tickets) though it was fun talking to the Ukranian, Brazilian and Mexican members of the team. The room was adequate size and very comfortable. They don't serve breakfast but give you vouchers for a few places a couple of blocks away: one kosher; one not. We ate at the non-kosher place and had very good meals though it is not "all you can eat" like some buffets which is also a plus in my opinion. We actually prefer the off site meals as they were on Shenkin Street so you could sit outside and watch Tel Avivians (?) with their dogs and children go by. The hotel has coffee, expresso, etc along with some fruit and snacks available at all times for free. The location is terrific and again, a very good value for what you get.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Yael B, Manager at Shenkin Hotel, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Dear David,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us at Shenkin Hotel, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the room, our location and the complimentary refreshments that we offer throughout the day.

I am also pleased to learn that our team was able to leave you with a positive impression, our Front Desk team is composed of multilingual personnel, and we believe that they represent the diversity of Tel Aviv nowadays as a cosmopolitan city. Unfortunately, some of them are still working on their Hebrew. I am really sorry to hear that we were unable to assist you with the Theatre tickets.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write the review, we are looking forward to welcome you back to the Shenkin Hotel in the near future.
Regards,
Portsmouth UK
Reviewed 10 March 2014

My wife and I stayed 10 nights at the Shenkin from 24 Feb. The accommodation was excellent with very modern rooms and very individual decor. The sun roof is a good place to chill out. The staff could not have been more friendly or helpful. They were always ready to help with bus routes, train times and restaurants etc. The location, just off Allenby Street and Sheinkin Street is very good with just a few minutes walk to Carmel market and about 10 minutes to the sea There is no restaurant in the hotel but breakfast vouchers can be used at two nearby cafes.Free hot and cold drinks, biscuits, cakes and fruit are available on the ground floor outdoor patio. I wouldn't consider going anywhere else on our next trip to Tel Aviv.

Yael B, Manager at Shenkin Hotel, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Dear Davclan,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review, it has been a pleasure hosting you at Shenkin Hotel. A memorable stay such as yours is what we aim to deliver to our guests, and your appreciation is what makes all our efforts worthwhile.
We are looking forward to welcome you back to Shenkin Hotel, assuring you our best attention and services at all times.

Regards,
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights and the first two were good, but on the third, I could hear the new couple who were staying in the next room through the PAPER THIN WALL, and had to wear cotton and wax earplugs to block out the noise. Plus rooms are tiny and water from the bathtub leaked on the floor around the toilet. They installed drains but they weren't effective.
Also lots of noise from the hallway and the bathroom ceiling fan. Rooms poorly insulated for sound. Positives are the comfy beds, renovated and clean rooms, rooftop patio, and free coffee in the yard.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank depgirl
Yael B, Manager at Shenkin Hotel, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear Depgirl,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us at Shenkin Hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the comfy beds, the cleanliness of the rooms, the rooftop patio, and our free refreshments.

Regarding the noise from the next room, we apologize for the inconvenience, the room adjacent to yours was occupied throughout your stay, as you mentioned the first two nights were good, unfortunately, in the last night the guests that checked in were less thoughtful. Thank you for mentioning the bathtub, we took care of it.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback, we do hope to be given the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future, with hope to change your mind about our hotel since many of our guests are genuinely happy during their stay with us.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 10 February 2014

The hotel is very clean and modern, their staff extremely helpful from reservations to post-stay. The rooftop is a nice place to hang out and the hotel is conveniently located just behind Shenkin, the very center of shopping in Tel Aviv. They do not serve breakfast there, but send you with a free voucher to one of the best restaurants on Shenkin, just around the corner. I highly recommend staying at Shenkin Hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Yael B, General Manager at Shenkin Hotel, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Hello Panette4

Thank you for your review and for staying with us at Shenkin Hotel. I am so glad you find our team extremely helpful, I am very proud of our team and of the service that they deliver, including our housekeeping team who do a wonderful job of keeping the hotel so clean, as you noted.

It is also great to learn that you enjoyed our central location, the rooftop terrace and the renowned breakfast at Sus-Etz.

Thank you for recommending Shenkin Hotel, my team & I are looking forward to welcome you back to the hotel.

Netanya, Israel
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Everything was excellent

Great place, great location and good vibe

the room was clean and comfortable

fantastic garden terrace

Near Carmel market, Rothschild Boulevard, 15 minutes from the beach and recreation centers in Tel Aviv

Dear Nitzan,

Thank you for sharing your lovely compliments, I truly appreciate you taking the time to review Shenkin Hotel and am very pleased that you enjoyed your experience with us.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to the Hotel, Assuring you our best attention & services at all times.

tel-aviv
Reviewed 9 February 2014

My wife and i were staying in the Shenkin Hotel in Feb14, it was great - the room was comfortable and well design, the staff was super friendly and helpful, location right in the heart of Tel-Aviv, price was reasonable in expensive TLV. Recommended!

Dear Guy,
Thank you for taking the time to review Shenkin Hotel and for highly recommending it.
I was happy to share your comments regarding the staff with my team, compliments like those are extremely motivating for us.

We are looking forward to welcome you back you back to the hotel, please do not hesitate to contact me.