“very nice , modern, boutique hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Shenkin Hotel

Shenkin Hotel
Ranked #18 of 98 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Rome, Georgia
“very nice , modern, boutique hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

This small modern boutique hotel is well located on a narrow , quiet street in Tel Aviv. It has a nice patio, a rooftop sitting area as well. My wife and I used and enjoyed both. Our room was said to be the largest in the hotel and it was a very nice size. The room itself and bath were clean and modern. I keep repeating modern because the building , the rooms, the decorating are all up to the minute. The vibe is young and urban. The staff are all young and have an international feel to them . They were always smiling and helpful. The breakfasts are not at the hotel but you get vouchers for a choice of 2 cafes. Both are close and both were very nice. Not traditional Israeli breakfasts but very good and ample Café choices. Having to leave the hotel for breakfast was not a problem for us. The location is good. Just a few blocks from many of the places in Tel Aviv you would want to go to. Bikes are available to rent throughout the city. We were especially grateful that the hotel stored our luggage after we checked out but also made available a shower where we could freshen up later that night before we had to get to the airport for a 1 am flight. This made the traveling much more comfortable. This gracious accommodation was very much appreciated. These are the extras that make a small hotel experience better than a large impersonal hotel. I would stay here again .

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeffrey P
Yael B, General Manager at Shenkin Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Jeffrey P,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, it has been a pleasure hosting you at Shenkin Hotel.

I have shared your positive comments with my team; a memorable stay such as yours is what we aim to deliver to our guests, and your appreciation is what makes all our efforts worthwhile.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to Shenkin Hotel, please note that we offer special benefits to our retuning guests.

manager@shenkinhotel.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Hebrew first
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

The location of Shinken hotel is great. It is located in a calm leafy residential street nearby Allenby street; right in the centre of the white city with its world heritage Bauhaus architecture.
d the Shenkin street shops and the Carmel market are just arround the corner. And busstops are at Allenby street. Equally you can find some hip side walk cafes nearby as well as the Tel-O-Fun bike stations, Tel Avivs green bike rental system.
The hotel staff is absolutely brillant, young, international, knowledgable, very kind and caring.
On arrival while checking in I got bubbles (living in Brussels I got hooked to this aperative, but never expected to get it in Tel Aviv) and there is complementary water in the room. The rooms a smallish but i liked to modern decor and bed linnen is fresh. The safe didn't work, even after repair. But that I thought was a minor detail during such a comfortable stay. The wifi and international calls are for free. The last one was another surprise to mee. I've never seen this before in a hotel (most hotels extort you with over the top fees for international calls, not in the Shenkin hotel).
For breakfast you are given a voucher for two cafees at 5 minutes walking distance. The plate service was adequate, not abundant but good quality.
If you want to visit Tel Aviv and stay in the White City, this little gem is definitely a very good option.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear RTM_wanderer
Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review on Shenkin Hotel and Thank you for highly recommending it.

I was happy to hear that you enjoyed our central location, the Welcome drink and that you benefited from the free international calls. I am sorry to hear that the safe was not working, please accept my apology for the inconvenience.
Once again, thank you for recommending Shenkin Hotel, my team & I are looking forward to welcome you back to our "Little Gem" at the heart of the White City.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

I was on my way to a family wedding in Tveria and did not spend much time in the hotel. The hotel and the room were very clean including the bed and the bathroom. It was tiny but very nice. The staff at check in was extremely friendly and considerate. Possibly more considerate than I have ever experienced before. Let me take the chance to say while I have only recently started reviewing, I have been to over 40 countries and countless cities across the world and I have been to Israel 12 times. I was very intrigued when the front desk persons found that in some way, I had paid too much for something and they corrected it immediately without me even knowing. Honestly, I would not have known but they wanted to make sure it was correct in my favor with exacting accuracy. I appreciate the consideration and honestly here more than anything. Traveling can be hard even for the most travelled person and paying for items can be difficult. Here was made easy by an easy to talk to, interested and honest staff. I needed to leave early so I did not try the breakfast but the coffee was nice. I have to add, the morning front desk person was equally helpful and friendly and spent time with me explaining the taxi prices and best ways to get to Tveria. The advise was very helpful as I was on a schedule and I did not want to make a mistake. I would stay here again when in Tel Aviv for these reasons and it is in a great location as well. A quiet street near many bustling ones.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Yael B, General Manager at Shenkin Hotel, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear 154experttraveller,

Thank you for taking the time to review Shenkin Hotel and for sharing your lovely compliments.
A memorable stay such as yours is what we aim to deliver to our guests, your appreciation of the honest, friendly & helpful team is what makes all of our efforts worthwhile.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to the hotel and hope that you will be able to spend more time with us so that you can enjoy all of our services including the breakfast, spa & our rooftop terrace.

Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

The staff was unfailingly helpful and positive working hard to make it a great visit. I was a little surprised though that some of the front desk staff had limited Hebrew ( I had wanted help with some theater tickets) though it was fun talking to the Ukranian, Brazilian and Mexican members of the team. The room was adequate size and very comfortable. They don't serve breakfast but give you vouchers for a few places a couple of blocks away: one kosher; one not. We ate at the non-kosher place and had very good meals though it is not "all you can eat" like some buffets which is also a plus in my opinion. We actually prefer the off site meals as they were on Shenkin Street so you could sit outside and watch Tel Avivians (?) with their dogs and children go by. The hotel has coffee, expresso, etc along with some fruit and snacks available at all times for free. The location is terrific and again, a very good value for what you get.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Yael B, Manager at Shenkin Hotel, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Dear David,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us at Shenkin Hotel, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the room, our location and the complimentary refreshments that we offer throughout the day.

I am also pleased to learn that our team was able to leave you with a positive impression, our Front Desk team is composed of multilingual personnel, and we believe that they represent the diversity of Tel Aviv nowadays as a cosmopolitan city. Unfortunately, some of them are still working on their Hebrew. I am really sorry to hear that we were unable to assist you with the Theatre tickets.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write the review, we are looking forward to welcome you back to the Shenkin Hotel in the near future.
Regards,
Portsmouth UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

My wife and I stayed 10 nights at the Shenkin from 24 Feb. The accommodation was excellent with very modern rooms and very individual decor. The sun roof is a good place to chill out. The staff could not have been more friendly or helpful. They were always ready to help with bus routes, train times and restaurants etc. The location, just off Allenby Street and Sheinkin Street is very good with just a few minutes walk to Carmel market and about 10 minutes to the sea There is no restaurant in the hotel but breakfast vouchers can be used at two nearby cafes.Free hot and cold drinks, biscuits, cakes and fruit are available on the ground floor outdoor patio. I wouldn't consider going anywhere else on our next trip to Tel Aviv.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Yael B, Manager at Shenkin Hotel, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Dear Davclan,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review, it has been a pleasure hosting you at Shenkin Hotel. A memorable stay such as yours is what we aim to deliver to our guests, and your appreciation is what makes all our efforts worthwhile.
We are looking forward to welcome you back to Shenkin Hotel, assuring you our best attention and services at all times.

Regards,
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights and the first two were good, but on the third, I could hear the new couple who were staying in the next room through the PAPER THIN WALL, and had to wear cotton and wax earplugs to block out the noise. Plus rooms are tiny and water from the bathtub leaked on the floor around the toilet. They installed drains but they weren't effective.
Also lots of noise from the hallway and the bathroom ceiling fan. Rooms poorly insulated for sound. Positives are the comfy beds, renovated and clean rooms, rooftop patio, and free coffee in the yard.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank depgirl
Yael B, Manager at Shenkin Hotel, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear Depgirl,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us at Shenkin Hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the comfy beds, the cleanliness of the rooms, the rooftop patio, and our free refreshments.

Regarding the noise from the next room, we apologize for the inconvenience, the room adjacent to yours was occupied throughout your stay, as you mentioned the first two nights were good, unfortunately, in the last night the guests that checked in were less thoughtful. Thank you for mentioning the bathtub, we took care of it.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback, we do hope to be given the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future, with hope to change your mind about our hotel since many of our guests are genuinely happy during their stay with us.

Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

The hotel is very clean and modern, their staff extremely helpful from reservations to post-stay. The rooftop is a nice place to hang out and the hotel is conveniently located just behind Shenkin, the very center of shopping in Tel Aviv. They do not serve breakfast there, but send you with a free voucher to one of the best restaurants on Shenkin, just around the corner. I highly recommend staying at Shenkin Hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Yael B, General Manager at Shenkin Hotel, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Hello Panette4

Thank you for your review and for staying with us at Shenkin Hotel. I am so glad you find our team extremely helpful, I am very proud of our team and of the service that they deliver, including our housekeeping team who do a wonderful job of keeping the hotel so clean, as you noted.

It is also great to learn that you enjoyed our central location, the rooftop terrace and the renowned breakfast at Sus-Etz.

Thank you for recommending Shenkin Hotel, my team & I are looking forward to welcome you back to the hotel.