“Great location, enjoyed the Coffee, Biscuits & Roof Terrace”
Review of Shenkin Hotel

Shenkin Hotel
Ranked #18 of 101 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed with my Girlfriend for 4 nights. Picked the location as it is right in the centre very close to many restaurants and bars. our room was lovely although the frosted glass widow to the bathroom and toilet does not allow for a huge amount of privacy. Being so central there is some noise in the morning but that is to be expected given its location.

As mentioned by other reviewers the staff were very friendly and smilie.

We both very much enjoyed the roof terrance and spent some late afternoons up there having a drink and watching the sun set.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Yael B, General Manager at Shenkin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear Edward D,
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us at Shenkin hotel. I am so glad to hear that enjoyed the beautiful sun set from our rooftop, the gratis coffee & cookies and that you benefited from the location by visiting the great restaurants & bars of the neighbourhood.
I also thank you for your comment regarding the bathroom glass window, we will look for a solution that will provide better privacy.

On behalf of myself and my team we look forward to welcome you back to Tel Aviv.

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 5 nights cava awaiting us on arrival, fresh coffees/teas available 24 hours plus cakes and biscuits clean rooms nice staff and amazing breakfast at suz etes on shenkin st also has parking which is a luxury in tel aviv well recommended

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Rhainman,

Thank you for your review & for recommending Shenkin Hotel.
I am very pleased that you enjoyed our services, complimentary amenities, parking and the breakfast at Sus-Etz.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to Shenkin Hotel. We do offer special benefits for our returning guests.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I stayed for 3 nights on a business trip at the Shenkin Hotel in early March and thoroughly enjoyed it. I am an Israeli (living abroad for many years) who knows and loves the neighborhood, and loved the opportunity to stay right in the heart of Tel-Aviv. The hotel is run by very likeable staff, who do a great job and seem to like what they are doing - which makes the overall feel of the place very pleasant. I loved the roof balcony and the opportunity to sit in local cafes for breakfast. The room was small, but very convenient and functional. Overall - great. I shall be back...Thank you!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear orenba,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review, it has been a pleasure hosting you at Shenkin Hotel. Thank you for the lovely compliments, a memorable stay such as yours is what we aim to deliver to our guests, and your appreciation is what makes our job so enjoyable.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to the hotel, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Another example of clever use of small space - this hotel offers both inside and outside public spaces to relax in. Alas it was a bit cold for us to hang out on the rooftop it would certainly be perfect on a summer evening. We loved the 24hr tea and coffee station and appreciated the snacks available.

The hotel room was great. We were 2 friends sharing with twin beds. Our bathroom had a huge shower with views to the near by buildings. We had a corner room with lots of windows which we loved. While the position was perfect the neighbourhood was a little noisy at night.

All the staff were friendly and welcoming. In particular I must commend the front desk staff who were very helpful with any queries we had or advice we needed.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear DominiqueMelbourne,

Thank you for your review of your stay at Shenkin Hotel. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay & was happy to share your positive feedback with my team.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel during the summer so that you can enjoy the beautiful sunset at our rooftop terrace.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Had a fantastic 5 day stay. Hotel is in a great central location, the staff are friendly, the rooms clean and modern and breakfast each morning amazing sitting outside at the lovely cafe round the corner. We staying in a studio room which was a good size and had a bath. The classic rooms I heard are rather small so worth paying a few $ more a night if you want to be able to swing a cat ..or anything else for that matter. Top notch. A very good boutique hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear DavidNewton75,

Thank you for sharing your lovely compliments. I am very pleased that you enjoyed the location, the breakfast at Sus-Etz, the service of our team and the upgraded Studio rooms.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are looking forward to welcome you back to Shenkin Hotel.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

This small modern boutique hotel is well located on a narrow , quiet street in Tel Aviv. It has a nice patio, a rooftop sitting area as well. My wife and I used and enjoyed both. Our room was said to be the largest in the hotel and it was a very nice size. The room itself and bath were clean and modern. I keep repeating modern because the building , the rooms, the decorating are all up to the minute. The vibe is young and urban. The staff are all young and have an international feel to them . They were always smiling and helpful. The breakfasts are not at the hotel but you get vouchers for a choice of 2 cafes. Both are close and both were very nice. Not traditional Israeli breakfasts but very good and ample Café choices. Having to leave the hotel for breakfast was not a problem for us. The location is good. Just a few blocks from many of the places in Tel Aviv you would want to go to. Bikes are available to rent throughout the city. We were especially grateful that the hotel stored our luggage after we checked out but also made available a shower where we could freshen up later that night before we had to get to the airport for a 1 am flight. This made the traveling much more comfortable. This gracious accommodation was very much appreciated. These are the extras that make a small hotel experience better than a large impersonal hotel. I would stay here again .

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeffrey P
Yael B, General Manager at Shenkin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Jeffrey P,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, it has been a pleasure hosting you at Shenkin Hotel.

I have shared your positive comments with my team; a memorable stay such as yours is what we aim to deliver to our guests, and your appreciation is what makes all our efforts worthwhile.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to Shenkin Hotel, please note that we offer special benefits to our retuning guests.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

The location of Shinken hotel is great. It is located in a calm leafy residential street nearby Allenby street; right in the centre of the white city with its world heritage Bauhaus architecture.
d the Shenkin street shops and the Carmel market are just arround the corner. And busstops are at Allenby street. Equally you can find some hip side walk cafes nearby as well as the Tel-O-Fun bike stations, Tel Avivs green bike rental system.
The hotel staff is absolutely brillant, young, international, knowledgable, very kind and caring.
On arrival while checking in I got bubbles (living in Brussels I got hooked to this aperative, but never expected to get it in Tel Aviv) and there is complementary water in the room. The rooms a smallish but i liked to modern decor and bed linnen is fresh. The safe didn't work, even after repair. But that I thought was a minor detail during such a comfortable stay. The wifi and international calls are for free. The last one was another surprise to mee. I've never seen this before in a hotel (most hotels extort you with over the top fees for international calls, not in the Shenkin hotel).
For breakfast you are given a voucher for two cafees at 5 minutes walking distance. The plate service was adequate, not abundant but good quality.
If you want to visit Tel Aviv and stay in the White City, this little gem is definitely a very good option.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear RTM_wanderer
Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review on Shenkin Hotel and Thank you for highly recommending it.

I was happy to hear that you enjoyed our central location, the Welcome drink and that you benefited from the free international calls. I am sorry to hear that the safe was not working, please accept my apology for the inconvenience.
Once again, thank you for recommending Shenkin Hotel, my team & I are looking forward to welcome you back to our "Little Gem" at the heart of the White City.