“Excellent boutique hotel”

Ranked #16 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Rome, Italy
“Excellent boutique hotel”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed here for one night and we enjoyed it a lot. The service is good, the staff welcome the guests and take care of them. There is a coffee machine at the lobby with cookies free of charge.
7 min walking to the beach.
Nice resting area on the roof of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Ronene9
Yael B, General Manager at Shenkin Hotel, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Dear Ronene9,

Thank you for staying with us at Shenkin Hotel, I truly appreciate you taking the time to the review and am very pleased that you enjoyed your experience with us.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to the Hotel, Assuring you our best attention & services at all times.

manager@shenkinhotel.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was a great place to stay! The staff are what really make the place amazing! They were super friendly and always helpful. When we first arrived I was a little bummed with our room. Although the design was very cute it was smaller than expected, and the shower had some mold in it. I told them, and although they were completely booked at the time, they switched us the next day and informed me that they were so sorry and were bringing a professional to handle that issue. The new room was much better and mold-free :) We were traveling with our one-year-old baby and everyone was super friendly and kind to us and loved having him there, rather than making us feel like we were inconveniencing them like some places in the area do (several hotels in the area actually will not allow you to stay with children at all, regardless of how awesome they behave.). They have nice little touches like a large roof with lounge chairs where you can relax and sip complementary wine or Cava, and although they don't have a restaurant, they provide great free breakfast at a couple of local restaurants within walking distance. Aside from the first shower, everything was very clean and nice.

PROS
Stylish and clean
AMAZING staff
Little things like free wine and Cava, even a yummy cake one day!
Great location, lots of places to walk to

CONS
A lot of people smoking on the deck and outside (they said it's illegal to not allow smoking in open air, so that might just be Israel...)
Construction in the area can be loud, as well as a daycare very close which is quite loud

We would definitely stay here again. As I said, the people are incredibly friendly and accommodating. We have stayed in Tel-Aviv several times, and other places around Israel too, and generally the customer service leaves A LOT to be desired. If this is your first trip to Israel you'll see, it's just not typical to get great service. This was not the case here, and I was so pleased with the treatment! We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: If you can get it, book the bigger room! It was booked for our stay, but it looks great and isn'...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear LoretteCisneros,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review on Shenkin Hotel and Thank you for highly recommending it.

I was happy to hear that you enjoyed the facilities as well as the "little touches" & mostly, I was so happy that we managed to deliver an excellent service to you & your family, it was a pleasure for me to share your comments with my team.

I am sorry to hear that you had to change your room upon arrival, we do treat our bathrooms with special attention, I guess we missed a spot. This shouldn’t happen, please accept my apology for that.

Once again, thank you for recommending Shenkin Hotel, my team & I are looking forward to welcome you back to Shenkin Hotel, please contact me personally, when you make plans for your next trip to Tel Aviv

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I was responsible for bringing several colleagues to Israel in May. Most of us stayed in the Shenkin hotel.

excellent:
- location
- staff
- roof top patio
- meeting room (we fit 10 people in there)

Not excellent but not a big deal
- breakfast scenario - a little further than I expected.
- iron - steam iron's please (pet peeve)
- rooms a little small and as such more difficult to work in...

Pretty much all of our staff were very happy. I'll be making the shenkin my no1 hotel in tel aviv.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear falvey001,

Thank you for making Shenkin Hotel your no.1 Hotel in Tel Aviv!

I was happy to hear that you enjoyed our location, staff, rooftop patio & the meeting room.

I also thank you for the comments regarding the breakfast, we understand that although the Café is 2-3 minutes' walk from the hotel, it may be challenging when you have a busy schedule. We also noted your comment regarding the iron.

Next time you plan to stay with us, please contact me personally, we do have rooms with desks that you may find more comfortable for working.

We are looking forward to welcome you back you back to the hotel, assuring you our best attention & services at all times.

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Despite the situation going on in Tel Aviv during our visit, this was one of the most coolest and cosiest hotel experience we've had. Situated near the Shenkin street and Carmel Market you will be living right next to places where the action is, but the neighborhood is still very quiet. Some have been complaining about the noise coming from the other rooms but we didn't pay attention to it/ didn't bother hear anything/ didn't bothered of it. Easy walking to the beach and almost to all places worth visiting. The staff is propably the best we've encountered ever. Really really helpful and friendly. Rooftop terass is also great. The hotel has so much more soul than the colossal ones on the beach i bet. We will be missing the time there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Matias K,

It has been a pleasure hosting you at Shenkin Hotel, Only the coolest people can enjoy their vacation so much, despite the situation that was here when you stayed.

Thank you for the review and for the lovely compliments, a memorable stay such as yours is what we aim to deliver to our guests, and your appreciation is what makes our job so enjoyable.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to the hotel & the city that never sleeps, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Zolder, Belgium
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The rooms are not so big but very modern and clean. Nice sun roof and pleasant free coffee area (with excellent coffee and cake) Good location & super helpful, friendly staff and management. We will book this hotel again in the future!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 23 July 2014

the staff couldn't do enough for us

the snack bar was delightful as was the roof

the only thing missing was a washer/dryer in the building but most hotels do not have that

the staff did arrange for us to have our laundry done

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Yael B, General Manager at Shenkin Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Madelyn,

Thank you for staying with us at Shenkin Hotel & for sharing your feedback. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you for your comment regarding the laundry, unfortunately, due to space limitations, I am not sure we will be able to provide the service in-house, but rather provide it in a nearby Laundromat, as we do today.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel, please contact me personally, when you make plans for your next trip to Tel Aviv

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I have a very few good reasons to write some wonderful things about this hotel.
Starting off by thanking the General manager and every single one of the staff that are extremely helpful and lovely as I have lost my passport during my holidays in Israel.
My experience was one to remember from beginning to end as I remember being greeted by Omri who was absolutely lovely during the check in and without hesitation provided me a room move as I wasn't happy with the location of my room and deliver a lovely amenity to my room to make me feel welcome.
Tomer and Rafael were so helpful and also the concierge lady had so much knowledge of the neighbourhood, and they seemed to always have a smile on their face anytime I asked them for anything.
The general manager a lady who I do not remember the name as I lost her business card was the highlight of the hotel as she made me feel Home when I lost my passport and made sure things were always ok with me.
I have so many reasons to recommend this hotel as it's definitely suitable if you're single, a couple or a family as has an absolutely chilled Vibe and also a great area full of cool cafes and restaurants and very trendy!!
Ive had the chance to experience as a guest 3 of the rooms during my stay, a Standard a Superior and the Studio.
Standards are very compact I would definitely recommend the Studios as they are definitely the nicest rooms of the hotel.
Once again I'd like to thank the whole Shenkin Team for making me feel home during my long stay in Tel Aviv even with all the issues I've been through with losing my passport!
I look forward to come back!

Room Tip: Standard rooms are too compact. Studio Rooms are definitely the best ones in the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Yael B, General Manager at Shenkin Hotel, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear Josias S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review on Shenkin Hotel and thank you for highly recommending it.

I am happy that despite the trouble you had when you lost your passport we managed to make you smile, we did what we can to assist you, but, it was you that kept smiling and managed to make the best out of the situation.

I was happy to share your positive feedback with my team, we are all looking forward to welcome you back to the Shenkin Hotel in the near future.