“Personal Hotel feels like a home in center of tel aviv”

AL Boutique Hotel Tel-Aviv
Ranked #68 of 98 Hotels in Tel Aviv
West Hollywood, California
“Personal Hotel feels like a home in center of tel aviv”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

I was in bussines agian in tel aviv and this is the second time I have stayed here. Since the last time I been here its even gotten better. Service is great and very attenative. I read one of the reviews and agree this hotel is not for everyone if you want a large unpersonable hotel there are a lot of those. But if you want to feel like you have a room in a large manssion in the heart of tel aviv this is your place. The bar/resturant is a great place to relax and have a quick bite and amazing cappacino. Each room is diffrent so choose a room depending on your prefrence and budget.

Room Tip: they have diffrent room no two rooms are a like so when you book state your prefrence and budget. T...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Avi S, General Manager at AL Boutique Hotel Tel-Aviv, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review.
It was our pleasure to have you with us again and I am so pleased that our hotel and staff make you feel at home.
I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.

Avi Schwartz.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Hebrew first
White Plains, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

I spent two nights at the Al Boutique this week and would definitely return for another visit. You would never know that this property has been operating for less than 6 months. The staff are very friendly and accommodating, including even bringing maps of Tel Aviv to my room when I mentioned in passing that I needed them. I love the look of this small hotel. The rooms are very clean and have a modern, sleek look. Avi and his staff (especially Tal the evening manager) could not be more helpful. A delicious complimentary breakfast was provided 2 short blocks away at Coffee House on Rothschild Blvd. One of this hotel's strengths is its great location in the epicenter of downtown Tel Aviv.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joe G
Avi S, General Manager at AL Boutique Hotel Tel-Aviv, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Joe,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedbacks with us.
I'm pleased to hear that our staff was able to take such good care of you. We truly do strive to give each guest a memorable experience and exceed expectations whenever possible.

Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon at the AL Boutique Hotel Tel-Aviv.

Haifa, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

I have stayed there with my wife for our anniversary and we didnt stop smiling.
when I booked on the telephone the receptionist had asked if our stay was for a special occasion. The welcome on the arrival was warm and inviting and we had few surprises waiting for us in our room. The staff provides excellent personal service and they make you feel so at home. Amazing amazing amazing!

Room Tip: We had the Executive room on the 1st floor and it was beautiful.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Avi S, General Manager at AL Boutique Hotel Tel-Aviv, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Dear Gill,

Thank you very much for your lovely review.
It was our pleasure to have you celebrating with us and Im glad that you have enjoyed it. I feel flattered when I read comments like yours talking about the staff. We try to provide our guests with the best memorable stays, and I am proud when they happen, as in your case.

Many thanks for your review and we would love to see you with us again.

Best regards and Mazal-Tov,
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

We spent three nights at the AL Boutique Hotel Tel-Aviv. The room was beautiful (2nd floor) and we really liked it. The Staff were courteous and helpful throughout our stay. The guys of the front desk were very nice and attentive. The breakfast at the coffee house was really delicious.

The lounge is well decorated and played very nice music. It was perfect for having a quiet and enjoyable evening. We loved the hotel and hope to come back again. Thank you!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Avi S, General Manager at AL Boutique Hotel Tel-Aviv, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear Mr. Z,

Many thanks for sharing with us your excellent comment.

I am proud when I read comments like yours. Sometimes with a few words you can explain a lot of things and im glad to see that you have had such a good experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the AL Boutique Hotel.

Warm regards,
Munich, Germany
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

I found myself booking a last minute business trip to Tel Aviv. The hotel I prefer to stay at, one block away, was fully booked. They did however recommend this hotel. As my taxi pulled up to the hotel, by the way there is NO parking or loading zone, a very young man, almost a boy, sprung out of the restaurant to help me with my bag. The hotel reception is at the back of the building. One would not have known this had no one come out to greet me, there signs. The reception area was the size of a midsize walk in closet, barely large enough for the desk and two chairs placed there for checking in guests to sit. The young man who checked me in was unsure of himself and didnt really have hotel training to speak of. He could run the check in software, print out my check in paperwork, copy my travel visa and show me to my room, but thats about it. There was no mention of breakfast, the times they provide it, where it was provided, no city maps for guests, he didn't offer one, just showed me to my room. Hmmm..... My room was on the ground floor just behind the "restaurant". The room was dark and had no natural light. To my shock the tub/shower was in the bedroom itself. The person checking me in didnt show me around the room, didnt point out where the toilet was, didnt provide information regarding WiFi, just offered me a coffee, which I gladly accepted. Once I got myself settled in I found written information on a piece of paper on a cabinet which provided the WiFi code. Unfortunately the room did not have a desk so I was stuck working on my bed. The Internet connection was good. I worked my entire flight to Tel Aviv and my 100+ emails were easily sent out. I headed out to meet a colleague for dinner so luckily we both had a destination planned. Had this not been the case I'm not sure how guests would know local restaurants to choose as no information in the hotel was provided. Over the next few days I was able to figure out how to work around the poorly designed room and settled in for my stay. Here is a summary:

Pro:

Great location
Good internet connection

Con:

1. Poorly trained staff. All staff I encountered were really boy's running a hostel vs. qualified staff running a boutique hotel.
2. Bathtub/shower in the bedroom. This should have been clear on the website.
3. Dirty toilet area and sink. See photo's
4. Dirty towels
5. No information such as city maps, restaurant recommendations, tourist attractions
6. No information on where and how breakfast was provided
7. No parking or a place for taxi's to load or unload guests and their bags

In summary this was a real disappointment. I would view this more of a hostel, with different colored lipstick on the pig, vs. a true Boutique hotel. The staff have no real training and are basically there to check people in and out and "watch the shop". No place to work in private and the area they call a restaurant is more a cross between a Bar/coffee shop/waiting area. Lastly, no real value for money.

Sorry, I really struggle to mention something positive.

Room Tip: Business travelers find another choice.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Sailingbill63
Avi S, General Manager at AL Boutique Hotel Tel-Aviv, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear Sir,

First, thank you for your review.

At The AL Boutique Hotel we pride ourselves on our high levels of service and treatment to our guests and welcome all feedback that allows us to maintain and improve on our standards.
After reading your review I would like to answer your complaints.

All our staff is professional and well trained to give the best service and hospitality experience to our guests. We always make sure that our guests feel welcome and do our best to make them satisfied during their stay.

Our guest service manager and I are always available to our guests as well as our front desk. Despite this, you have never complained about the room and service or asked for any assistance. Any complaint or problem is being solved immediately and we are more than happy to assist in any request or query at any time.

As for the towel and sink, our maintenance and housekeeping departments check and clean the rooms every day and make sure it maintains the best standards. The tub in your room is a Jacuzzi which makes the room very desirable among our returning guests and it's written on our website.

The whole information about the hotel and its services is written on the cabinet and for any other required info our staff is available 24/7 at the front desk.
There was a good reason for the other hotel that was fully booked to recommend us – they know all about our standards and high level of service.

I wonder how come you haven’t told us anything during your stay or on your check-out. We could have easily solved any problem and even given you other room.
It seems that you have exaggerated in your review, but still I would like to thank you for it and promise you that everything was taken into consideration.

We would love to have you with us again on your next visit and give you a compensation for the inconvenience of your stay.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

Very beautiful little hotel with great service!
it was a very pleasant stay in a very good location in the centre of Tel Aviv. the pillow was too big for me so I got a soft blanket instead and that worked perfectly!! the room we got was small but maybe its the standard in Israel :-) Often, the service and staff can compensate a lot! The room was new and breakfast at the coffee shop gave variation in choices which I liked a lot.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Avi S, General Manager at AL Boutique Hotel Tel-Aviv, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comment.
As always, our staff is more than happy to give the best service to our guests.
Im glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we would love to see you with us again. On your next visit you are more than welcome to try our Executive and Luxury rooms which are more spacious.

Tenafly, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

Amazing boutiqe hotel in THE BEST location in Tel Aviv. The staff is warm, accommodating and extremely nice! Bar/Coffee shop up front is great for relaxing with a glass of wine! The option of getting a full breakfast at a nearby coffee shop is such a great idea.

• Stayed January 2014
Avi S, General Manager at AL Boutique Hotel Tel-Aviv, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Adi,

Thank you for your review.
Im glad to see that you have enjoyed your stay, the accommodation experience and the location of our hotel.
Thank you for choosing us for your stay and we would love to see you with us again.