“Great shakshuka, nice owner!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Shakshukia

Shakshukia
Ranked #3 of 1,577 Restaurants in Tel Aviv
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Israeli
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: as the holidays up coming for April, please note we're closed on holiday evening and the day after. You can call the restaurant to know exactly . Or through Facebook See ya Sharon
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Great shakshuka, nice owner!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Shirin at Hotel Mercure down the street sent me here for dinner. I arrived about 15 minutes after it had closed, which I learned by asking the man who was in the kitchen behind locked doors. He suggested something else--a new Mexican place up the street--which I went to, but I came back the next night, sat outside [under a heater], and had a superb dinner of 2 eggs [I got them soft], medium spiciness [#2 on a 5 point scale], on a tomato sauce [I got mine with mushrooms]. It came with a small bowl of tehina [sesame paste], pickles, and bread. Server was a young French woman studying at the university. It was so good, I went back a week later, this time for lunch. Shakshuka was still terrific, but the service was not -- a different server, didn't bring me the tehina/pickles or the drink I ordered; an English speaker? language problems? Still, I would go back for the shakshuka. The owner said he opened about a year ago. I hope word of mouth spreads so he can keep going -- tho it's small [2-3 tables inside, a half dozen outside], and with 3 tables filling at once, the server couldn't keep up.

• Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Best shakshuka in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

I could not believe once I tasted this shakshuka! I am really not a bug shakshuka fan, however this one really is something special. You can choose the softness of your eggs and the level of spicuness. It's simply a dream! Super recommended!

• Visited December 2013
“Best shakshuka in Tel Aviv!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

I highly recommend the shakshuka at this charming restaurant. The service is great here. They have a staff that speaks many different languages (french, russian, hebrew, english, and german). The food is very fresh and flavorful. If you like spicy food, you can't find any shakshuka in Israel better than this. You also have the option of having a regular shakshuka for those who can't handle the heat. You can get the classic shakshuka or you can choose from an assortment of meats and vegetables. Shakshukia is well known by the locals. This is definitely a necessary stop in your trip to Tel Aviv!

2 Thank Jrsmith226