“Not an Imperial one certainly”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Imperial Hotel

Imperial Hotel
Ranked #98 of 98 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Warsaw, Poland
“Not an Imperial one certainly”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We used the hotel just for one night to have afew hours' sleep before our night flight but I was sorry I hadn't booked some other hotel. The standard is rather poor and the rooms are run-down. The only good thing about it is the location and nice service but the overall impression is pretty negative.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Anna S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Greek first
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I'm just going to cut to the chase. I've stayed in some seriously gross places before. This one is of the top ten. The other places, however, were all in developing countries that rarely see visitors. I didn't chose this hotel myself, I was bumped from my original hotel as a result of a leak in my room. Don't stay here - there are better options in the area for the same price or for a few shekels more (and in some cases less). If you do decide to stay - wear your hazmat suit because you won't want to touch any of the surfaces. Blech!
(I do have one positive thing to say - there was one very friendly man working at the front desk who helped me fix the aircon. He was positively lovely.)

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank fourroads

Travellers are raving about these Tel Aviv hotels

Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

probably the closest budget hotel to the jerusalem beach. close to the american embassy. ask for a room facing west or south. the rooms are clean and basic, the bar at the lobby is the best cocktail bar in town

Room Tip: ask for a room facing south or west
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

We arrived at around 7-8pm at our hotel and were greeted by a lovely older gentleman at reception. He made us feel very welcome and chatted to us like friends, even giving us a free dessert voucher for a local restaurant called London. So I have no complaints about customer service but that's all that was good about this hotel.

Our room was very plain, clean to an acceptable level (just about) and full of shoddy workmanship. The Bathroom had dirty grouting, badly installed sink unit, a wonky shelf on the wall. This theme continued in the main room with cracks along the walls and loose plug sockets.
The towels are thin and look like they need to be replaced ASAP and our tv only got 3 Channels even though I flipped through about 80.

There is a bar in the hotel and we had the unfortunate luck to be right above it. The noise level is terrible! And lasted till 2-3am with very loud music, people yelling and singing with microphones. This was made worse because our room walls were very thin and the door had big gaps at the top and bottom. People also talked very loudly when they walk along corridors which added to our sleepless night.

The only silver lining is that when we complained in the morning we were moved to the 3rd floor without any argument. Make sure you don't get a room on the 2nd floor or above the bar. Plus it seems hotel guests can't even use the bar because when I tried I was told it was a private party and got turned away. Even though I said I only wanted to stay for 1 drink.

The breakfast lasts till 10am and is a buffet style selection. With choices of eggs, cereals, cheese, salads, pastries, tuna. It was okay but ran out quite quickly and is a light.

However even with all of these problems the hotel is in a good location to the beach which is about a 2 minutes walk away. And the walk to Jaffa is around 30 minutes which is very picturesque along the sea.

Stayed March 2014
5 Thank Luxstone
Washington DC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

Unfriendly FO Manager who doesn't have any customer skills. Through his attitude and way of speaking will scare future guests. I will dissmis this manager in the first day if I will be the owner. The hotel need a fast refurnish and renovation to stay up to the market. I could not understant when I booked on hrs.de if te hotel is 3 or 2 stars. I can say that are many better hostels than this hotel in Israel.
The rooms and bathrooms are full of mold. If you stay longer is good to think before at your health. The breakfast look very poor and when I saw the door open to the kitchen I pray that I will be in a good shape with my stomach. The kitchen look more than dirty.
I hope that all guest will stay healthy after their stay.

Room Tip: Better choose another hotel
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cometa76
Shropshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stayed 3 nights over the weekend in October. Found the hotel ideally situated for the beach. Plenty bars, cafes and restaurants within easy walking distance. Excellent range of food for breakfast, both hot and cold. Good quality coffee. The hotel has its own bar with reduced prices for happy hour. The staff on reception are knowledgeable about all tourist sites and travel arrangements and speak good English and are genuinely friendly and helpful. They will also book a wide range of day excursions and arrange for the coach to pick you up direct from the hotel. Our room had air con and a decent ensuite bathroom. Although the streets around the hotel are busy with traffic during the day we were not disturbed at night. We booked in advance via a popular site and paid 125 dollars per night for twin bed room including a good breakfast. That's about £77 per room per night. There is also free WiFi which worked fine in our room with both of us using it for email and messenger. I would recommend this hotel and plan to stay there again. It is also excellent value for money in a city were hotel prices are above the costs of main land Europe.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike P
Graz, Austria
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

+ the location

- everything else:

in detail:
Except of the reception everything is old and dilapidated.
The rooms are dirty, there are cockroaches in the rooms. you have to ask every day that the air conditioner gets turned on. the breakfast is really poor. there is mildew in the room. i didnt have the feeling that the cleaning staff did anything except of making the bed. its not even possible to close the window properly.

it is definitly not recommended to book this hotel. no matter how cheap you can get a room.

das ganze in deutsch:
+ die lage
- alles andere:

im detail:
bis auf die rezeption ist alles alt und baufällig.
die zimmer sind dreckig, schimmlig und es gibt kakerlaken und anderes ungeziefer. man muss jeden tag fragen das die klimaanlage im zimmer eingeschalten wird. man auch nicht das gefühl das das reinigungspersonal, außer bett machen, irgendwas macht. es ist teilweise nicht mal möglich das fenster richtig zu schließen.

es ist definitiv nicht zu empfehlen dieses hotel zu buchen, egal wie billig man es bekommt!

Room Tip: buchen sie ein anderes hotel!!!!! book an other hotel!!!!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business