“A great leap forward for Tel Aviv”

Mendeli Street Hotel
Ranked #20 of 101 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The Mendeli st hotel is a medium size boutique hotel in an excellent position close to all central amenities and the wonderful Tel Aviv beach. The staff are excellent and helpful which is a great start. The rooms that we stayed in were the standard rooms. beds are wonderful, Bathroom amazing and very quiet with excellent top notch air conditioning. On the down side the rooms are a little small and have no coffee or tea making facilities which is a must if Mendeli want to be considered a top boutique hotel.

Now the breakfast in one word amazing!!! Eggs in various beautifully crafted ways. pastries out of this world, fruit. fish salad, vegetables where to finish simply incredible well done Mendeli.

The Mendeli is a very nice hotel most definitely worth considering as long as you do not mind the small Standard rooms.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Sima B, Guest Relations Manager at Mendeli Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Sara J,
Many thanks for sharing your experience from your recent stay at the Mendeli Street Hotel. I am pleased to know you found our breakfast to be amazing! We are very proud of it. It is so great read that you enjoyed our facilities and that you felt comfortable. As for the tea and coffee services, as you mentioned yourself, our Standard rooms are cozy and therefore space is limited. However, we do have coffee machines in the Superior and Deluxe rooms for one’s comfort. I hope to welcome you once again to our hotel.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I have visited Tel Aviv many times. In many different hotels like Hilton, Leonardo Basel and others. This year i stayed at The Mendeli Hotel, Next year i will stay there again. Not only because of their famous and fabulous breakfast but more because of the team, friendly israeli people! They know what hospitality is. They treat you like a VIP and they think one step ahead for you! I loved it! Thank you!

Dear Philip W,
Wow!! Thank you so much for your wholehearted recommendations!
It is the greatest compliment for us as a boutique hotel, to know we could make you feel at home and offer you nothing but the best service and hospitality. To know you will be coming back is to know we succeeded, so thank you once again.
Awaiting your next visit!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Great hotel I had a very modern room with lovely facilities. The first morning at breakfast was not great everyone ignored me second day was massive improvement. The food quality was excellent, Front of house staff great very helpful. Great location not far from the Whitehall opposite great restaurant and the Irish bar. Short stroll to beach.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear ktnicholl,
Thank you for sharing your review with the fellow travelers around the world.
As for the breakfast, we put every effort in making our guests feel at home, and I am sorry you were ignored, this is not a behavior we encourage and I apologize for the inconvenience. However, I am very happy to know we improved our service the day after and provided you the kind of service we strive to offer all of our guests.
Please come and visit us again at the Mendeli Street Hotel.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my wife for one night. Was recommended by a friend. We were upgraded to the 5th floor where you can see the ocean and the sun set. We had a great time. Staff are very nice and helpful. Rooms are nice and clean (but not really fancy). Breakfast is great... Location is great.. I was disappointed that there was no stereo or music system in the room...

Dear Ron E,
Thank you for sharing your experience following your recent stay at the Mendeli Street hotel. I am excited to learn you had such a great time and that we could be at your service. As for the music system in the rooms, I am sure you'll be glad to know that our smart TV's feature connection options for a wide variety of devices as well as a selection of music channels. I hope you will give us the honor to welcome you once again to our hotel.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Wonderfully close to the beach, I took my jet lagged self for an easy early morning stroll along the Mediterranean.

The breakfast is actually worth 2 stars in itself. All kinds of delicious!! Like actually.

My luggage was lost and the staff were super helpful in helping me locate it. The reception was all kinds of helpful.

Clean (a little noisy because of the location - but the location also makes it awesome). Well designed.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Fi I
Sima B, Guest Relations Manager at Mendeli Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Fi I,
Thank you for sharing you experience following your recent stay with us.
I am very happy to know we were able to make you feel taken care of as we put every effort in making our guests feel comfortable and relaxed. It is lovely to read you enjoyed the lavish breakfast and amazing location we are lucky to have.
I hope you will give us the honor to welcome you once again to the Mendeli Street Hotel.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Thank you TripAdvisor for directing me to this truly unique boutique-like hotel in TLV! From the moment I walked in after traveling for 24 hrs from the US, I was greeting by friendly hotel staff and that continued throughout my stay. I could mention them all as each had a very positive attitude. Ayellet in the restaurant, Rotem, Alex and Shlomi at the front desk and the rest of the team. Bravo! I opted for the deluxe room 510 which is one of the two largest rooms with a very large bathroom but the standard room size appeared to be adequate and the bathroom was a nice size. The room was well-appointed and stocked with excellent products.There was a minibar but I would suggest converting that into a mini-refrigerator instead. The location was perfect and a 2 min walk to the beach and the main street for walking or transportation. The breakfast spread was unlike any I have seen for hotels of this size. Every morning I sat and enjoyed the various selections for over an hour with very attentive service. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to avoid a large hotel chain atmosphere.

Room Tip: Suggest the top floor if you want a partial ( very partial) view of the sea) The windows block out a...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear RonPalmSprings,
Thank you so much for your lovely review! It is exciting to read you had such a great experience at our hotel. On behalf of the hotel team, especially Rotem, Alex, Shlomi and Ayelet, we thank you for your heartwarming feedback! It will be our pleasure to have you as our guest again.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Everything was perfect. Location, size, breakfast, excellent front desk staff, adorable modern room. It was especially accommodating to a woman travelling alone as the staff was friendly and helpful. The lobby is lovely. I love small hotels and this was one of my favorite.

Room Tip: it is on a quiet street even though only a block from the beach. My room was very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Sima B, Guest Relations Manager at Mendeli Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Marjorie1212,
Thank you Marjorie for your most lovely feedback! I was so excited to read we were able to offer you such a perfect vacation. I am very happy to know we made you feel at home and that you enjoyed our beautiful hotel and all the amenities we provide.
Please do come again to the Mendeli Street Hotel!