“Avoid the hotel - they play games with your billing”
Review of Vital Hotel

Vital Hotel
Ranked #16 of 101 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed 11 March 2011

I don't like giving negative reviews. I had some problems with hotels.com incorrectly booking dates. Everything was documented in emails, and I finally stayed at the hotel on the proper dates. The hotel promised to credit me for the wrong days after I pay a second time for the right days. But, now 1 month later, I still have received no refund, and my emails are ignored.

Hotels.com, FYI, has been great, they are following up and have documentation that the hotel (and I also have emails) agreed to refund me. But it may take time. Meanwhile I've paid twice for my stay.

As an executive, I try to avoid this type of conflict, and I find it amazing management would ignore emails from me when I include documentation with their promise. There is no mis-communication, simply a blatant attempt to double-bill and hope I give up..

Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank gcaus14
vitalhotel, Manager at Vital Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2011

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on tripadvisor. We are always happy to receive feedbacks from our guests as it helps us to improve our services. In this matter we truly believe that you are misleading tripadvisor's viewers as your comment regarding double charging by Vital Hotel is simply incorrect.

On January 25th you booked a room through hotels.com for a junior room type which according to its terms and condition is a non refundable one or dates' changeable one.

Shortly after your booked your room, you contacted the hotel directly (and not hotels.com) explaining that you posted an uncorrected dates and therefore wish to amend bookings dates (despite the restrictions).

Our sales department immediately approved your request and immediately informed hotels.com regarding it. We also emphasized that no double charge should apply to you credit card by them.

For an unknown reason, it seams that hotels.com had mistakenly double charged you. As soon as you informed us regarding it we contacted them urging them to credit you and we are certain that they will do so.

By posting your review you simply misled other viewers. Vital has charged nothing from you as all charges have been made directly by hotels.com.
As mentioned previously, we urged them to refund you long ago, as soon as you informed us and we are sure that they will indeed refund you shortly.
We hope this letter helps clarify our position regarding the refund and the cancelled reservation.

We wish you all the best

Reviewed 27 February 2011

This was my second stay at the Vital, and I found it very efficient again.

This time, something interesting happened. I forgot a gift box with a necklace at the reception upon checking out. I was on my way to the airport when my mobile rang...the woman from reception was asking if I could return to the hotel as they'd found it near where my luggage had been. I had no idea I'd left it before her call. After some discussion she suggested that she physically mail it to me in Canada. At no charge. For that alone I will return.

I noticed a few shabby moments this time: the bed quilt material feels worn, and the springs felt soft. The breakfast was mediocre to lousy again - the eggs in a big pan were just a dry mess, and the buffet seemed to be mostly cheese and salad. But the hotel in general is still very well thought through - hardwood floors, kitchenettes, etc. Very good for me the business traveler, and yes, a lounge on teh 12th floor. With a little refresh, this hotel will be fully worth the rather standard higher price it charges.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 January 2011

No ugly carpet, wooden floor (very nice)
Located near central station (walking distance)
Friendly staff

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 January 2011

Excellent Hotel for Business Trips
Excellent service , rooms are simply great (but little small)..! Bathrooms are a little jewel..
We really enjoyed the Israeli breakfest, very quality and tasty
Fast check-in and check-out services..
The hotel places in a great location, but little far from the sea (5 minutes with motorcycle, 20 minutes walking)
Couple of little..little notes : few too much dust under the bed and inside of ventilation grids , and bathrobe "one size" , only "L" (I needed an XXL..!).
Anyway..it will be absolutely "the" only Hotel of all my future trips to Israel

Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 January 2011

We truly enjoyed our stay at the Vital. As people who come often to Tel Aviv, we have stayed at many of its hotels, and Vital was Probably the best one for us. its located in the center of Tel Aviv, walking distance to a big shopping mall, and to the finest restaurants. the beach is about 5 minute drive. The staff was very friendly, rooms were very clean, and the price very reasonable. we would definitely come again!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 December 2010

If you look for just a nice and clean room to sleep in, after a working day, and to have a good breakfast, you may find this hotel OK. But, if you wish for a little bit more, you should stay in another hotel. There is no lobby in Vital Hotel (!), no bar and no restaurant. The choices are either to sit in the room or go outside. That also means that there is no possibility to meet your visitors in the hotel. Although we knew that the hotel is nearby a hospital, we found it rather depressing to view the hospital's buildings. Another problem was that we asked for a twin room and got a double room. The hotel is not recomended at all for families with children under 18.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Galina10_10
vitalhotel, General Manager at Vital Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2010

Dear Galina,

We thank you for your review on our Hotel. We would like to comment to it as we believe that it was 100% accurate.

Vital Hotel is a business boutique hotel and as so most of our guests are business men and women who seek high quality services such as Business Lounge, fully equipped fitness center, 24 hours concierge and other unlimited front desk services, reliable and fast wireless internet connection, daily newspaper, spacious and modernly equipped rooms and much more.

Vital Hotel is well located in Tel Aviv, adjacent to key points of interest such as, Opera House, Tel Aviv Museum, Azrieli shopping center, "Kikar Hamedina" "Israel Trade Fairs Center" and more.

Furthermore, the sea shore is only 6-7 driving distance from the Hotel.

As for your comment regarding children, we must say that we agree with you as we have no special services for children but mainly for business men and women.

Lastly, we would like to thank you once again for choosing Vital Hotel and for your review.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 18 November 2010

One of the best hotels I`ve ever been.
Boutiqe hotel very good location in Tel Aviv, very good service, wonderfull rooms.
Very good gim, very spoiled breakfast , the best place for business men and cuples who wants to be in the center of life in Tel Aviv. I recomend this lovely hotel from the bottom of my heart.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business