“A little gem tucked away in a garden-like entrance”
Review of Dizengoff Suites

Dizengoff Suites
Ranked #61 of 103 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I must admit to having to use my GPS to find the entrance to this place which is hidden beside a cafe and in amongst the greenery. The lobby of the hotel was ultra small but this was made up for by the warm smile that greeted me. I arrived too early to be allowed into my room, but they offered to keep my luggage while I had lunch in the adjoining cafe (10% discount for hotel guests!)

The room was fantastic. It was a two bedroom (all just for me!), with a balcony that had some pretty decent views. The room was large and clean with a cute french provincial style. The bathroom had modern and new fixtures and was very spacious.

The price point was also good which included breakfast in the adjoining cafe, but because I was leaving early the next morning I could not sample it (I did lunch there however, and it was great - see my review on Caffee Marco).

This was definitely a nice place to stay for my last night in Tel Aviv. The location is close to many stores and action on Dizengoff Street. I would consider it again on my trip to the city.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank CAN_in_AUS

Reviewed 26 March 2013

It was very nice place to spend the night.
The room we stayed in was actually two rooms (The second room was with a single bed) and it had a small stove and refrigerator.

The kitchen had plates and silver ware for two people.
there was also coffe and tea (but no milk)

The only "problem" was that the cable TV didn't work properly but I think it was just a local problem.

Have fun

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amit E
Reviewed 23 March 2013

In all of my travels, I have never experienced what I am about to describe. I have also visited at least two dozen hotels in Tel Aviv so this has nothing to do with the area. I returned to the hotel at midnight on a Saturday to find the front door open and NO ONE at reception. I go upstairs to my room and the key doesn't work. No one is in restaurant or bathroom either.

I phone the "In Case of Emergency" number; someone says they'll be there 10 minutes. He hangs up on me. I wait and call back, no one answers. I call again, 20 minutes have passed, and Hagit Cohen (reluctantly gave me her name) says "someone will be there in five minutes." I phone the general mgr, but the person who answers claims to be her husband and that he will have her call me back. Another 10 minutes later Alon comes in, recalibrates the electronic keys, they still don't work, we make another two trips and with a manual key, he lets us in. I assumed that whoever was on duty snuck out for a bit.

However, I am SHOCKED to find out after phoning THE GM a second time, KAREN RUBIN - she is AWARE OF THIS! The management arranged a party AT THEIR HOME for the staff and knowingly compromised the security of ALL of the guests. The attitude on the part of the management was abysmally blasé, and I quote the management as saying: "what would you like me to do?" Manager Marco tells me the fact that the front door to the hotel was unlocked was a "mistake." Slight oversight compromising all of the guests!

The arrogance of the management - I am in utter disbelief regarding how security was neglected while a party took place at the home of the general manager. By the way, it took an hour from the time I phoned the "in case of emergency number" to get into my room. I have also had to make two calls to front desk to fix our TV and two requests to housekeeping to put the appropriate amount of towels for a room with three occupants on our first night of our week stay.

Room Tip: Try Hotel Lusky or Maxim Suites for comparable properties in the area.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank wanderlustr0us
Reviewed 27 February 2013

this hotel was in a perfect location-close to the beach, downtown, shops, etc. we had a wonderful breakfast that came with our room as well. our room had a 2nd bedroom with a twin bed. we didn't need it but it was a great place for our luggage. we had to leave before breakfast one day to get picked up to go to petra & they made us a box lunch (a couple sandwiches, chips, etc.). very reasonably priced & clean. i would stay there again. and the restauarant there is a stand alone wonderful place.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Iris R
Reviewed 3 February 2013

If I had read some of these reviews I would have thought twice about staying here.However, we have stayed at fabulous places that were given bad reviews. We learned that not everyone is satisfied in the same way. As long as they are not all bad then I wouldn't rule a hotel out. We loved the place! We had a nice suite with access to the roof terrace which was great on a sunny day. The suite isn't large but was fine for the four of us. The kids loved their upstairs room which was larger than ours downstairs. Since we ate out, the size of the kitchen area was inconsequential. The cafe downstairs, for which breakfast was included in the price, was very good. You had a choice so it wasn't the same thing every day We found the staff to be nice and no one was rude. You are in the midst of everything..the beach,shopping,buses,restaurants, you name it. The area is full of life and you can feel safe to go walking any time of the day or night. It is certainly safer than in the US. There are no inexpensive hotel rooms in Tel Aviv. You don't get as much for the money as you would in the US. They also charge for more than 2 people to a room unless designated as a 3 or 4 person room as ours was. We wanted a 2 bedroom 2 bath and we got it. We were quite happy with our choice and would stay here again. If you go to another country expecting things to be as they are at home in the US then you may be disappointed in hotels everywhere. It was a little more than we wanted to pay but we were forewarned that we would be paying more for location and the fact that we were in the center of Tel Aviv. It was worth it. Our room and furnishings were not shabby at all and we didn't think the place was run down. All the hotels we saw had small elevators. Some people just expect too much. I can't vouch for the fact that there might have been some rooms that weren't as nice as ours.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank travelgal02WA
Reviewed 21 January 2013

the hotel is located in the center of Tel-Aviv, we really enjoyed the town with its special atmosphere, the room was large enough, the elevator was a bit small.

Delicious breakfast !!!!!! The stuff was very paitient and kindly supplied information.

Room Tip: Choose the room with the balcony , nice view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank emoshiko
Reviewed 11 January 2013

Booked our room in advance thinking it would be a budget-conscious option for a place to stay in the city center. Apparently they made a mistake in checking us in, and the next morning the manager was waiting for us downstairs ready to yell - demanding more money on the spot, shouting at us, insinuating we were somehow trying to cheat (clearly we weren't because we openly checked in with 3 people when we arrived). We paid more money so that she would stop yelling. I've never had such rude interactions with someone who is supposed to be working in customer service. The overweight middle-aged manager's behavior was apalling.

Further, the front desk said they would hold our bags for us for the day before we had to catch an evening bus on to Jerusalem - we came back at night to find all of our things out in the lobby, no one watching them, no lock, no front desk person - a lot of help that was!

The manager/owner seems to run this business for the sole purpose of scamming tourists out of money - beware of additional charges, You will not receive any helpful advice on the city or typical services you would expect - such as bag watching. And, be prepared for the irate staff to verbally attack you. No one here cares about customers.

I understand that Trip Advisor reviews are often taken with a grain of salt (as they should be) but this "hotel" place is a total scam. I would not stay here again if someone paid me to.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends