“Luxury Apartments from Hell” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tel Aviv Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv Apartments
Boston
“Luxury Apartments from Hell”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

We rented two "Luxury Apartments" in early June for a week. First they told us that the units we had reserved months before with a 20% deposit were not available so they upgraded us to beach from apartments. If these were upgrades than the original units must have been in hell. Let me start off by saying these apartments were dirty, grimy and smelly, with few of the amenities were were promised. There was garbage laying around in parts of the unit when we checked in. Our water view might have been fine if we could see through the dirty windows. Linens were of the poorest quality and stained. Towels were thin as rags. They had promised beach towels but none were there. No toilet paper or paper towels (we bought our own). There was night construction going on outside our building which kept us all up till 5AM. No hot water for two days. Every time we made a request we were told yes they would take care of it.. which they never did. The worst customer service and attitude.. I can't remember how many times they lied to us (even to our faces when we went to complain in person). So if you like dirty, slimy, grimy,smelly and gross accommodations with customer service from hell than this is the place for you to stay. Otherwise you would be better off anywhere but here...

Room Tip: Tip for the day: Go elsewhere!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank JonnyBeGood

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Tel Aviv, Israel
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

I arranged an apartment a few months in advance for my parents. We paid 20% up front ($350) and received beautiful pictures of the apartment. I was in contact a few weeks before and a few days before my parents arrived. I was assured both times that everything would be ready for them and someone would meet me with the keys when my family arrived. THE SAME DAY my parents were to arrive in Tel Aviv I went to the apartment to pick up the keys and walked in to find it still under construction. The builder assured me that it would be finished before my parents arrived (4 hours later).

When I took my parents to the apartment we arrived to find there was no door handle on the outside of the front door. Also, the key they had given me earlier in the day did not work. We had to call the rental office and wait in the hallway while someone came to bring us the correct key. When we got into the apartment it smelled of paint and nothing was finished. The beds were unmade, there were no toilets in the bathrooms and the furniture was not arranged.

I was on the phone with the rental agency and they informed me that they could move us to another apartment in the same building. They showed us into a smaller apartment with none of the amenities we were paying for (2nd bedroom, sea view, balcony, etc.) Eventually we checked my parents into a hotel.

I called the next day to ask for my $350 deposit back and they promised me that they would take care of it that day. A few weeks later I checked my credit card statement and the deposit had still not been returned. I left messages at the office several times and spoke directly to the owner on the phone. They kept promising that the deposit would be returned.

We left for vacation and came back and still the deposit was not refunded. It is now 7 months later. 7 months of back and forth on the phone and e-mails promising the deposit would be returned. Today we went to the office to pick up the check they promised would be ready when we arrived (it was not) and they informed us that they could only give us 12% of our deposit back as was their policy. We spent 30 minutes in the office arguing with the secretary before they agreed to refund us in full.

I am sure that the apartment would have been beautiful had it been finished.

I would not recommend this company. If something goes wrong - which it will - they are slow to help and slow to admit their own errors.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
9 Thank Sara B

Travellers are raving about these Tel Aviv hotels

Moscow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

Thank you for best service!! and nice pretty flat where we stayed!! i will recomend to all my friends!! thank you again! and see you

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Anna S
london
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

I arranged, and received written confirmation, a holiday rental through a website, for a 1 bedroom apartment near the beach-front in Tel Aviv. Despite numerous attempts to gain information about entry to the apartment on the day prior (and the day of) travel, I eventually received an e-mail 15 minutes before flight departure with a ‘change of plans’. We had been moved to a different location, mid town and without parking. As there was no option to re-arrange, and monies had been paid, we had no choice but to accept.

We were shown into a dingy apartment which clearly had not been cleaned adequately. Later in the day, (14 hours later) when we had unpacked and decided to make the best of it….we were moved to a smaller, dingier and less appealing apartment in the same building. The remainder of the money was then demanded. He also attempted to ‘renegotiate’ the rate, with an extra cleaning charge. I could not understand the urgency for the money demand, but though best to pay and get the ‘owner’ ‘operator’ or ‘manager’ of my back. I soon realised why he was so eager.

The apartment was not fit for human habitation! The one bedroom, had the exhaust duct from the building’s air-conditioning blowing directly through a large whole into it!. We managed to tape this up and avoid inhalation of the fumes. We likewise, managed to reduce the noise and thus sleep in the room.

The noise that we could not avoid (and at that stage did not know about) was that the building was in the process of renovation. Re-tiling started at 8.30 and put an end to sleep. Even worse, the building materials were housed in the stairwell, effectively creating a death trap should a fire have broken out!

In short, the practices of this company are putting the reputation of Israel at risk. Israel’s ability to ensure that its tourists will be looked after and can expect safety and a risk free break are called into question. This operation does not honour the basic requirements of the travelling public and should be halted. This is also a company that does not take feedback on board.

This organisation disregards basic consumer rights, the advertised product is not the one offered, not only in terms of ‘last minute change of plans’, but also, the website does not show the true product on offer. Full information (the renovations – is not given!). Additionally, the manner in which the company works is that you get put into a position of accepting what is available as alternatives become impossible due to the late communication of the change – also, money was not offered as a refund option. This is clearly not only taking advantage of people in distress, but causing them distress to take advantage of them!

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
10 Thank hotelschooolgrad
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2011

Where to start? The pictures are very flattering, this was originaly a great apartment and expensively fitted out but has not been maintained in years, the reality is NOTHING close to what you see on the web site. Damp patches on the ceiling, lights falling out of their fittings are just a minor thing compared to all the other problems we encountered.

We arrived and when finally someone came to let us in and show us where everything was we found the apartment was filthy. There were MAGGOTS all over the filthy dustbin under the sink and although the the Agent maintains the kitchen was 'Fully Equiped' there was not so much as a proper salad bowl, and not a single teatowel, kitchen cloth or mop. Paper towels were then provided. The BBQ was beyond filthy and nothing was properly cleaned. Everything was scrappy apart from the one and only knife in the kitchen - this was a marvelous piece of kit and later on we were given a small kitchen knife too. We are assured there was a safe and an alarm in the apartment, neither were in working order!

On our arival the bedding and the towels stank - I was assured there were ample towels including beach towesl but these were threadbare and fit for the bin. These were then replaced.

There were problems every day and every day there was another reason to have to go to see the useless, rude cowboy of an agent!

The electrics were a hazard and blew out the entire system on a daily basis and especially/always when the dishwasher (also ancient and rubbish) was put on. The electrician came on a number of occasions but only seemeed to make something else stop working, we had no lights, no hot water on varying occaisions depending which wires the sparky has played with that day.

As for 'Fully Equiped' this may be an apt description for a student doss house but this was not student doss-house prices. The washing machine was on its very last moments and one fine day the door completely came off in my hand. There was no iron or ironing board and when these were provided they were of the lowest possible standard

The second bedroom stank fearsomely of baby pee/dog pee - we don't know, but it was most unpleasant. Even Ryan the agent's assistant said how awful it was - he was helpful and very apologetic but sadly was unable to be very much about it though he did go out of his way to try to resolve some of the problems.

The sliding doors of the wardrobes in the main bedroom would get stuck with regularity and the doors of the bathroom cupboard were hanging off the hinges.

The masterbedroom shower looks terribly impressive but if you're looking for a great power shower this wall to wall marble shower with 3 variation could just about muster a feeble though adequate stream and sometimes this reduced to just a trickle.

We were regularly promised cleaners who failed to turn up or would turn up and be wanting to clean when we needed to get ready for Shabbat or go out for dinner. When they did come the apartment was cleaned to a reasonable standard.

It was certainly not as per the description and we were very disatisfied. The location is great and all this appartment needs is some maintenance. Don't spend your well deserved vacation here as there are far too many problems and issues to deal with on a daily basis.

The apartment is worn, old and shabby. In our experience the Agent was very economic with the truth and became very unpleasant when confronted with the facts that nothing was as per his representations/descriptions.

Save your self the bother - dont stay here! DO NOT USE THE AGENT RALPH ROKACH or TEL AVIV APARTMENTS

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
10 Thank alizareger
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

I researched fully for 2 months before settling on an apartment to rent in Yona Hanavi Street, using telaviv-apartments.com. I am a mother of a 22 year old and a 19 year old. I emailed certain requirements 4 months before setting off for Tel Aviv, one of them being that I would not take the apartment if there were any sofa beds. I was assured over and over that we all had beds in our 3 bedroom apartment. My bed was a sofa bed!!!! I was very upset as have a bad back. After being met by Ralph, the owner of the agency, I told him of my concerns about the apartment but had not yet seen quite a bit. After I had, I called Ralph. It was Friday late afternoon and because it was Shabbat, I didn't reach him until Sunday. He had not told us the code to get into the building so I was locked out late on Friday night. We had been given the wrong keys so had to leave the one that worked in a cupboard between 2 flats and since the other apartment on our floor was occupied by 7 x 18 year olds, they also put their keys in the same place!!!! and knew we did! Very unsafe for all! These 18 year olds sat on the floor outside our apartment as they had no wifi and although Ralph promised to fix it for them, it never happened. They were out there, playing loud music until 2am. Really nice kids, but it's not what you want. All the cutlery was shoved into a drawer, no utensil holder. This was quickly rectified. No cupboards at all in the 2nd bedroom so nowhere for one of my 20 year olds to put a single thing. No drawers, nothing! My cupboards were broken. Sofa was very torn. We hadn't been given another number to contact Friday or Saturday so left the key in the cupboard until the Sunday. Ralph didn't seem to think any of this was a problem, or at least no big deal. A mattress finally got brought on the Wed after we arrived for my sofabed. There was nothing in the apartment, no cleaning products, no mop, no broom, no dustpan and brush, no spray, no cloth, no bleach, nothing at all. No tea, coffee, soap. I was completely shocked. Ralph asked me what I would do if I was staying in a hotel??!!!! Duh!!!!!!!!!! When I complained the first day, he told me to pack and get out. I ignored him, and later when I passed him in the street he apologised. I won't be going to any apartments through him again. Ryan, who works there is a really nice guy, but he doesn't run the agency! The only good part is that it was very near the beach. It looks nothing like the photos and the quality of sheets, pillows etc was awful!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
11 Thank Alison4444
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2011

I've spent the last two months working in Tel-Aviv and my employer put me up in what looked like a beautiful apartment blocks from the beach. This very expensive flat was advertised as fully furnished with internet, cable TV, washer, dryer, and a balcony. Not only was there no dryer or internet (for the first and last week of my stay), the automatic shutters wouldn't close and the hot water was sporadic to say the least. Oh, and there was no place to hang clothes. And the place was filthy when I arrived. The balcony was litered with garbage and junk. And there were cockroaches strewn up and down the hallways and stair cases. There were a myriad of other problems as well, but I think you probably get the point.

I have never written a negative review of anything before, but the manager of this building, Ralph, is truly one of the biggest liars I have ever met and people should be warned to stay away from him and his buildings. If he tells you he will do something in ten minutes, he either doesn't do it at all, or it takes days, even weeks longer than he promised. His word means nothing. It's truly astounding how he can lie to your face day after day. He always has an excuse for everything. I know this is a particularly harsh assessment, but I strongly suggest that you look elsewhere before renting from Ralph.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
The Ritz-Carlton, Herzliya
Okeanos Bamarina Exclusive Suites Hotel
Dan Accadia Hotel Herzliya
Orchid Okeanos Boutiqe Herzlia

Been to Tel Aviv Apartments? Share your experiences!