“Tel Aviv Apartment” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tel Aviv Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv Apartments
Montreal, Canada
“Tel Aviv Apartment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

This is the second time we rented an apartment at 5 Ness Tsyiona near Hayarkon in Tel Aviv.. Ronen and Tali of Hapi Rental co. Manage the units. They are helpful, efficient and accomadating. This 2 bedroom unit was cleaned weekly, WiFi worked well. There was a TV in the living room and master bedroom, each with more channels than we could watch. The kitchen was well equipped. We had a washer and dryer in the unit and a garage space in the garage. The view from the balcony on the 5 t h floor was spectacular, each evening we marveled at the sunset over the Sea. The view from the 2nd floor is more limited and will be worse in the near future as building is about to be completed, thus blocking the sea view. We like this place and the people who manage it but the costs are getting too high.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Marilyn B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

Worst apartment I have spent two nights in. We moved out as soon as we found something more suitable. Thankfully we had only paid a deposit. Apartment smelt bad and needed to run air conditioner continuously. Power points hanging out of wall, not enough equipment and sheets and towels were not clean and very old. Loft was such a low ceiling that an adult could not stand up. No windows that opened and curtains were shower curtains or filthy. Mouldy bathroom and tiny space.

Room Tip: None from my knowledge, avoid all together
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Tel Aviv hotels

Poznan, Poland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

It was Ben Yehuda Street, № 4. Definitely, the worst place I’ve been staying at in Israel, ever. I have never seen such disrespect towards a client before – nor heard so many empty promises. After getting your money, they won’t give a s#!t about you. And they demand full payment in advance, at check-in (90 Euros per night in my case). One thing that can be said in their favour is that when they are cheating (or pissing) on you, they do it in a very polite way and with a beaming smile.
As they wrote on their website, the check-in time was at 14:00. I arrived from the airport at ca 16:00 and the flat had not been cleaned yet, therefore I had to wait and watch the cleaner working.

(1) Urine smell in the flat
Let me start with what the company boss, Ralph Rokah (ראלף רוקח), wrote me in email: “Amenities: Air Conditioning, Cable TV, LCD TV, DVD, Satellite TV, Full Kitchen.” OK, the lack of the DVD and Satellite TV was not a problem to me. What was really annoying, was the constant failures of the air conditioner and the gas cooker – and, first of all, the staff attitude towards the problem.
Several times a day – probably every time my neighbours above went to the toilet – my air conditioner, which was installed next to the waste pipes, distributed a urine smell all over the flat. I had been calling Ralph or going to their office every time it had happened and they promised me to take care of that, but eventually hadn’t lifted a finger (except sending to me a magician, whom they called ‘a plumber’, who looked at the device and said, he could do nothing about it). Finally, I managed to fix it on my own, sealing the waste pipe with a plastic film and a sellotape.

(2) Broken cooker
The gas cooker, which I had hoped to use and enjoy cooking on it for myself, was broken. They brought me a rusty electric hot plate instead (see the picture), but only one of its two heating elements was in working order, which made the cooking quite a challenge.

(3) The Internet
“Wireless Internet Connection, etc.” The Wi-Fi broke down on the third day of my stay and then for three days they did completely nothing to fix it, even though I had been reminding them about it every day. After those three days, Ralph provided me an irritatingly slow USB mobile modem (which meant, i.a., no Skype or YouTube). Unfortunately, two weeks later my airtime package ended and when I asked Ralph what other solution he was going to offer me, he just started ignoring my emails. The USB modem had been said to be a ‘temporary’ solution – and indeed, the WiFi was fixed after 24 (!) days, i.e., two days before my departure.

(4) The balcony
Ralph wrote me in the confirmation email, it was an apartment ‘with balcony’. You can see on the pictures what kind of balcony it has. A curious thing about it is that it has neither any barrier nor a door leading to it.

(5) Furniture and equipment
As he wrote me, “All of the apartments are fully furnished to the highest level.” Well, just have a look at the pictures.

(6) Linens & towels
“Linens & Towels provided and changed once a week.” Just forget about having the towels or bedclothes changed. No such a thing is going to happen. Let me quote them: ‘You know, this is the difference between renting a flat and staying at a hotel.’ Actually, not the only one.

(7) Filthy backyard
The backyard was full of rubbish, smelly, just disgusting. Local tramps had been using it as a toilet and a sobering-up station. See the pictures.

(8) The invoice
And last but not least: if you need to get an invoice, be prepared for complications. I had asked them for invoice at the check-in, and after 16 days of waiting and reminding them, they eventually refused to issue a tax invoice and gave me a receipt instead, with no company seal on it. They said, they had not got any.

I only wish I had read the opinions of other reviewers at this site before making my reservation. Also the account placed at www.ralphrokah.com seems to me fully reliable after my experience with Ralph Rokah and his property management company. The phrase ‘irresponsible and unprofessional’ is, in my opinion, absolutely legitimate.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank LamedQoof
Tel Aviv, Israel
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

Hello,

So we rented this apartment on Sheinkin in Tel Aviv, everything went well until they decided that we never gave them a deposit ( which we gave at the beginning of the stay, 400€ cash!!) and thus they didn't want to give it back. It might be our fault that we didn't ask for a receipt at the moment, we also thought it was weird they only wanted the money in cash. but please learn from our mistakes and 1. don't go there, 2. ALWAYS ask for a receipt when you give a deposit! its the easiest way to steal your money.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank nathalie c
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013 via mobile

They didn't even clean from last renter when they handed this apt. over to us. Dirty sheets and towels left as is. Had to wait for some lady to come and move a dirty mop around and leave newer sheets and towels that who knows if they were even that clean. Complaining gets you lies and empty promises. Total false advertising, washer dryer doesn't work, broken doorhandles, shower, stairs, lightbulbs. Total. Dump. Great location so truly a crying shame that they run a dump.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank TravelingEats
Travelreporter
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

Ralph, makes promises, never keeps his word. Noisy construction goes on day and into night.
Locks on doors broken, plaster falling off walls. Wet walls clammy smelly sticky.
Lights didn't work when we moved in bathroom. Had to wait days to finally get them fixed.
Mold smells choke you, I got a cough just after moving in. The mold spores in the room over whelm you. This building and neighboring building are under constant construction.
Renovated but nothing works wright. It's hard to find a good word to say about this place!
Half done, badly renovated apartments, dirty, noisy, wet walls, musty odors or black mold in coroners.

Room Tip: Check and feel outside walls! Look in corners for mold check sofa for bugs. If it smells funny pass...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Travelreporter
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2012

We were a group that took four apartments at 14 Yona Hanavi and both my daughter and her friend spoke to management making arrangements for our early arrival and our needs.

What we got was sitting outside the building for 2 hours waiting for someone to come and let us into the apartments which where not cleaned. They gave us one apartment to take our luggage into and relax - not cleaned - and after a long wait we were given keys to our respective places.

The apartments looked nothing like the beautiful ads they posted. What they called clean wasn't. The apartments were in terrible shape and needed paint to cover all the water stains on the ceilings and walls.

Hot water - they forgot to tell us that you have to turn a switch on to get hot water. When you took a shower the floor flooded every time.

The washing machine was broken and didn't spin the water out of the clothes. There was no dryer and no where to hang your clothes up to dry. Tel Aviv is HUMID and it takes forever to dry anything out on your balcony. We did get a new washer after the first week.

The metal shutter on our balcony door didn't open all the way so you had to duck to go outside................guess we were lucky they opened at all. The kitchen window lost one of it's hinges and was hanging into the room. They did send someone to fix this immediately.

The gas stove did not work.

Our bedroom did not have a cupboard to hang up your clothes. The sheets were disgusting.

Supposedly of four apartments our group had ours was the nicest.............how lucky were we.

The amount of time we spent going over to the office to complain about what needed fixing didn't make up for any money saved by not going to a hotel.
When we spoke to Ralph about our complaints his answer was leave, his mother did try to straighten out all the problems but then we were already into our second week. It was unfortunate that we lost so much of our time trying to straighten out all the problems instead of sightseeing, enjoying the beach, visiting.............anything else.

Our good fortune was our entire was not booked here................and yes it was close to the beach.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
The Ritz-Carlton, Herzliya
Okeanos Bamarina Exclusive Suites Hotel
Dan Accadia Hotel Herzliya
Orchid Okeanos Boutiqe Herzlia

Been to Tel Aviv Apartments? Share your experiences!