“great lunch on Friday afternoon”
Review of Thai House

Thai House
Ranked #25 of 1,652 Restaurants in Tel Aviv
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 8 October 2013

It was sunny Friday and we were looking for a nice place for lunch
I heard about the Thai House a while ago but didn't find the opportunity to go there
Location is great and there is a parking lot not too far
Its not a small restaurant there are a lot of tables and plenty of space
Service was good and the food tasty
Overall experience - very good

Reviewed 4 October 2013

We were out for a light late night dinner near our hotel. Shared the papaya salad (perfect heat that did not drown out the flavor). Also shared a whole steamed fish, perfectly prepared with ginger, onion, and celery. A spicy relish was the perfect seasoning. Also tried one of their homemade popsicles (banana with coconut milk) - a nice cool-down after all the spice.
The place was crowded so we took seating at the bar. The bartenders were attentive and friendly.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Near the beach, nice ambient, service ok but food excellent! Among all the restaurants we went this one was one of the best so I strongly recommend!

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Was searching the net for a Saturday lunchtime treat and came across the positively reviewed Thai House so went along on spec for a look. Service was ending late afternoon but they put me the solo traveller at the bar - would have liked a table but it was fine - meant I had to interact a bit which is not a bad thing ! Ordered two courses - pork salad and red curry but was handed what I found out was a papaya salad by the serious looking lady who was co-ordinating the food distribution so I did what she wanted and started to eat it - but I then realised it wasn't meat I could see - it was nuts ! My server noticed this and apologised but I thanked him as it was delicious - he had tried to warn me that it would be hot and it was but I wolfed it down and dowsed the dancing flames with a cool glass of alexander beer which was delicious. My two dishes duly appeared and I continued to wrestle with the chopsticks and dived into the salad which I enjoyed but was not up to the papaya - the red curry was the 'no coconut milk' option which I had inadvertently ordered but I really enjoyed it - moist hot and spicy and chewy with a nice balance of crunchy veg and my nicely cooked rice soaking up the flavours and filling out the meal nicely. My server who was excellent apologised again for the papaya as the serious looking lady continued to look serious and I decided to pay for the papaya as it was so delicious - and my server then offered me a free beer which was a great touch! A really flavoursome meal served up quickly and delicious beer to wash it down. Not the cheapest but I paid for the 3 courses and 2 beers - and I enjoyed them all. Will go back with her in tow if I can get her over from the Emerald Isle !

Reviewed 8 September 2013

"real" Thai food. very creative. great service. I wish I could get some of there recipes to try at home. don't miss