“we had a really good time”
Review of Sushido - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sushido
Price range: US$5 - US$50
Reviewed 25 January 2012

the place was redone recently and the decor is really very nice.
we enjoyed sitting on the bar and seeing how the sushi is prepared.
we are vegan and we had a large variety of things to eat, from which we tried a great tofu and shitake salad, a delicious and very beautiful veggie cone, 2 missu soups, and odon noodles with tofu and vegetables, which is a dish that isn't originaly supposed to come with tofu, so it was very nice that they were flexible enough and willing to make it specialy for us. everything was presented beutifuly and tasted great. we couldn't even finish it all or have room for desert, and we came out in less than 200 shekels, including soft drinks.

Reviewed 30 July 2011

Been here twice recently, on the search for good sushi at a reasonable price... and perhaps this is the place in Tel Aviv?
All the sushi was good and fresh, decor seems very genuine and service is good.
Noodle soup was a tad bland by the time i finished it, but other then that, i recommend Sushido...

Reviewed 27 November 2010

I have been before, a couple of years ago, and I have to agree with the negative ratings. The food was good but the service was terrible and was the main reason why I didn't go back for a couple of years. However, my wife and I thought that we would give it a go last week and the food was great as before, especially the tofu salad but the service was greatly improved too. I think that you still have to pay for extras but my only problem with it was that there is no parking on Rothschild and the small car park that was next door to it is now closed as the land is being built upon. Only by pure chance did we manage to get a spot. If you are within walking distance, definitely try it out.

Reviewed 6 October 2009

After 2 negative reviews you might be swayed not to go, but I went there for lunch in November 2008 and loved it! Went during the post-lunch rush and had a leisurely sushi plate and kaiso-and-mixed-greens salad. Both were lovingly plated and the small restaurant had a nice, cool vibe (cool as in calm and refreshingly quiet: it was a hot day and I had been walking all afternoon!). There was also an outdoor patio on the boulevard, but that was in full sun and it seemed loud outside.

As a travel writer on assignment, I ended up seeking the owner (he turned out to be the "patron" nearby eating with his young son) and we had a nice chat. He spent a few years in Japan and a Japanese-like attention to detail shows in the food. Service-staff-wise, it was okay. Not great but not terrible either. All told, I definitely would go back if I found myself in TA again!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 19 August 2008

Expensive for what you get. Small and arranged poorly. Some dishes are very good. Some are very bad. Overall too avarage for it's price range.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook