“Good appetizers, average entrée, too expensive”
Review of zepra

zepra
Ranked #99 of 1,652 Restaurants in Tel Aviv
Price range: US$25 - US$70
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 10 November 2013

The main courses are average at best. I had curry, nothing special. Grilled salmon came completely rare. When I complained they explained to me that they can either make it rare or burn it from the outside, so basically they don't know how to make grilled salmon... I wasn't charged for it.
They have buns with meet inside as an appetizer for 15$! too expensive for a small bun...
Other appetizers, especially the dim sums and the calamari are great, very unique.
The service is too pushy to sale pricy dishes.
I've been there 4 times because the food is generally good, but I will not come back.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

great food selected by the staff.amazing service.pricy but worth it.especially loved the pineapple sashimi.special....i would preffer if it was 15% less in price but the food & service is so exeptional

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Its not cheap at all, but if you really want to spoil yourself go to the zepra,
Don't miss popcorn shrimps.
Great bar scene.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Even tough the ambiance is OK and the food has some interesting things, what it is bizarre is the great effort put by the waiters to push you into some specific picks.
It all started with the wine, where she asked me if I knew my pick. I told her I did, but she insisted that there was another one nicer. The problem was that her choice was more than double the price of my choice. It all continue with an insistence to change all our picks. Even she insisted to change a meat choice for a fish one. We accepted the suggestions with one salad (supposedly to be very special) and with the fish. During the entire evening that salad went all over the restaurant to every table (cause I assume they pushed everybody). I can only say that it was the most vulgar dish among the entire dinner. The fish was not that special.
this fight over our pick versus the interest of the restaurant (without us asking for advice) is something that I found very irritating. How do they dare to change my picks, without me asking and then finding that their interest (in price or stock rotation) prevailed over my desires?

2  Thank Ignacio D
Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

Located in a remote busy-by-day location, this place seems to have its regulars and is always full. Serving far eastern food, the dishes are interesting, there is a certain atmosphere to the place, and the shrimp-chips are a must. Go for many small dishes rather then main courses, and try to sit in the inner part of the restaurant, it feels better. Shrimp- chipssssss