“I've Had Worse & Better”
Review of New Park Hotel

New Park Hotel
Ranked #63 of 148 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I had a brief stay at this hotel after arriving from the airport around 2am. From the photos on TripAdvisor I would say the quality of the rooms truly varies ALOT. I saw reviews stating that rooms were spotless and spacious while the room I had was neither. The room I had, which ended up as 35JD including breakfast was pretty basic. The paint was peeling, bare cement cinderblock poked out in unfinished corners, and in places the ceiling had paint peeled back waiting to fall off. It was just a very old room.

It did have a heater, TV and hot shower, which is all that I really required, but it seemed pricey for the condition of the place.

The staff were truly helpful and friendly, and I believe they were honest. Would have loved to have one of the better rooms however!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for New Park Hotel

Reviewed 4 October 2013

The hotel manager Rey(I hope i remember correctly)and a girl are extremely friendly and helpful to all my needs, other staff are just ok. The location is good, very close to downtown. The room was better than my expectation, so I was very happy. Wifi in the lobby, or only the rooms right above the lobby. However, when showering the floor was flooded with water, even if I changed to another room, it got worse, so the water issue really needs to be fixed and could be genuine to all rooms.

Aside from the privater car hire for the day tour, I am not sure if the driver was legal as he may not possess a license, and does not speak any English. I can understand this is a budget hotel($40/night), yet it would be better to pre-communicated as I was a female travelling solely.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We cannot say enough in praise of this hotel and its staff. The room we had was very spacious and spotlessly clean and comfortable with lovely blankets on the bed. Good shower and plenty of hot water for all three of us. There is a fridge in the room which is very good as you need cold water after a hot day sightseeing Amman. It has very good internet which worked the whole time we were there. It is very central to downtown Amman which really is the bit to see in Amman. We did many historical sights, the souk mosque and a general tour of the local area. Just around the corner from the hotel is the best fallafel and humous restaurant in all of Jordan called Hasham (it is mentioned in the Lonely Planet guide) and lives up to its name - fab food at a rock bottom price. But the thing that really makes this hotel exceptional are the amazing staff that work there. When we first arrived we were very tired, Raed Tbaileh was on duty and showed us where to park our car and brought in our luggage for us and showed us to our rooms. He told us to ask for any help we needed while we stayed. Within an hour we had asked him about getting a travel adaptor for our daughter's phone as our one broke as we arrived and he straight away loaned her one he had which was very kind. Salma the receptionist was very concerned that we were enjoying our stay whenever we passed the reception desk. But the greatest act of help and kindness was by the hotel manager Fadi. We were worried about navigating out of Amman so the evening before we left we went to the desk to ask for directions. Fadi drew one map and then on seeing we still looked confused drew another map. He was still concerned so asked us if we wanted to follow him on the route in our car. It was dark by then and we did not want to drive in the dark so he straight away got someone to look after the reception desk and took us in his own car and went all the way through central Amman to the exit onto the Dead Sea highway out of Amman and then back to the hotel. Dear Fadi I hope you get to read this -THANK YOU SOOO MUCH. It made such a difference to our stay in Amman as we could relax and enjoy our last night without stressing about the drive the following day and it was really way far and beyond the call of duty. The hotel is very well priced and we all had a great time and would definitely recommend staying at the New Park Hotel.

Room Tip: We only saw our room which was very spacious and we were very happy with it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sue C
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I was there after my Umrah from 8/10 to 8/12/2013 for two days. I liked it. Very convenient to restaurants and masjid and shoppings. I did not have internet in my room for 1 day and then they transferred me to another room where there was internet. The receptionist Raed was very friendly and helpful which made my staying pleasant. Raed's friend has a taxi who can show you the town and surroundings with a good price. I think, his name was Asad. Overall, the hotel gets 4 out of 5 ratings.

Room Tip: Make sure internet in the room and the shower area is covered or has curtain. The first room i was i...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank 123Traveldude
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Hi, I recommend you to choose this hotel. The staff are very friendly especially the reception staff. I have been there for more than one month. I went outside with the staff for dinner. We are just like a family. The manager he is very nice man. I been there for a long time with out boring. They have satellite TV. wireless internet. breakfast. good price per night. clean.
Always they ordered for me for takeaways and if I have no exchange they pay for me. I do not know what can I say. They are very helpful. I really miss them. one day I will go there again to see the very good staff.

Room Tip: Rooms over the manager room (over the restaurant) . in the first floor. wireless signal is very good...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank nabeel007
Reviewed 7 April 2013

The hotel staffs are very friendly and helpful! I stayed for one week and the room is very big and clean. It is near to the city centre, just five minutes walking distance. All in all, good value and if you are looking for a

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We are verrry greatful Raed Tabalih, the menager of this hotel for his help and hospitality!!The hotel has great localization, just a step from the greatest restaurants, bars and confectioneries.
Thanks to Raed our stay in Amman was a great experience. If you are looking for a cheap hotel in the centre of Amman, New Park hotel is a place to be.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple