“Very good for low-budget people”
Review of New Park Hotel

New Park Hotel
Ranked #64 of 150 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed 19 April 2014

A very good hotel, with free WiFi, continental simple breakfast could be included, Nilesat (mostly Arabic) TV channels, too friendly staff, and cleanness is reasonable. They help you to find a taxi to airport by 20 JDs. It's beside Jordan's Central Bank, Egypt Air bureau, and many travel agents. Roman theater in Amman's downtown is about 1.25 km far.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 5 April 2014

As a Western visitor, it was wonderful to have the New Park Hotel's friendly, inviting staff help me find my way in this quite exotic country. The location is excellent-the hotel is clean, but the STAFF--aaaahh, they are truly awesome ambassadors for Amman. Because of their assistance I was able to find the best places to eat and shop, and more reasonable travel arrangements, which meant a lot to me. The Park Hotel breakfast is hearty. Room service is exceptional. One highlight of my stay was being invited to eat lunch with the staff during their break time. It was a Middle Eastern feast. The sunny balconies are relaxing. The calm, peaceful atmosphere is a nice change from the hustle and bustle of the marketplace outside. (I became addicted to Jordanian music videos, honey drenched desserts and reruns of the Golden Girls dubbed in Arabic, when not bartering in the many street markets outside). Arabic music is so soulful and romantic. Thank you to Fadi-GeneralManager(Arabic/English) and your team: Raed T (Arabic/English), Saeed (always helpful), Osama (gracious), Hadeel (hospitable) and Raed J. (peaceful). Salem Alekum.

Room Tip: If you have special needs, ask the team leader at the Desk.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Candice B
Reviewed 31 March 2014

NEW PARK HOTEL offers clean, reasonable accommodations in a most coveted spot--the very heart of Amman.You will not find safer or more down-home lodging just a block from everything--exotic shops and markets, a historic park, the local Mosque and very reasonable local food dining (at Hashem Restaurant). The entire Park Hotel staff is helpful but non-intrusive. I enjoyed the quiet, restful atmosphere which offers a comfortable haven for travellers weary from the hustle and bustle of touring. You can walk almost anywhere from the hotel. (Convenience is everything when you are a sojourner. . . . ). The breakfast is filling. If you need something, just ask. Fadi, the Night Manager. I was well-treated. The calm atmosphere is wonderful. Great bang for the buck. Bravo.

Room Tip: If you need something, just ask.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rachel R
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I flow from canada on short notice, I was looking for a budget hotel, I walked inside the hotel, I was greeted by a gentleman called Fadi, he showed me room samples, it was amazing for the price he quoted me, he answered my concerns, advised me where to park the rental, gave me directions when ever I asked, I paid one day extra by mistake,I didn't know my travel dates, he dealt with that very proficiently, the rest of the staff was always happy to see me, and the daily cleaning of the room was very satisfactory, the area is very safe, walking distance to many touristic points, and well priced restaurants.
You can't go wrong with the hotel prices and service, keep up the good work lads.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Malik A
Reviewed 23 February 2014

The hotel is old, every thing in the room was old, the air conditioner made a terrible noise, we couldn't sleep because of the noise. we had one really small sheet to cover us, either you cover your feet or the rest of your body.
They offer us a tour to Death sea and mount nebo...the worst tour ever, no information at all, the two "guides" never spoke to us in the entire trip, in one moment they told us to get out of the car in wich we were traveling and to get in a taxi to go to another site and that they will meet us there with no explanation. We were really scared because we didnt understand their english.
Terrible expirience.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I had a brief stay at this hotel after arriving from the airport around 2am. From the photos on TripAdvisor I would say the quality of the rooms truly varies ALOT. I saw reviews stating that rooms were spotless and spacious while the room I had was neither. The room I had, which ended up as 35JD including breakfast was pretty basic. The paint was peeling, bare cement cinderblock poked out in unfinished corners, and in places the ceiling had paint peeled back waiting to fall off. It was just a very old room.

It did have a heater, TV and hot shower, which is all that I really required, but it seemed pricey for the condition of the place.

The staff were truly helpful and friendly, and I believe they were honest. Would have loved to have one of the better rooms however!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 October 2013

The hotel manager Rey(I hope i remember correctly)and a girl are extremely friendly and helpful to all my needs, other staff are just ok. The location is good, very close to downtown. The room was better than my expectation, so I was very happy. Wifi in the lobby, or only the rooms right above the lobby. However, when showering the floor was flooded with water, even if I changed to another room, it got worse, so the water issue really needs to be fixed and could be genuine to all rooms.

Aside from the privater car hire for the day tour, I am not sure if the driver was legal as he may not possess a license, and does not speak any English. I can understand this is a budget hotel($40/night), yet it would be better to pre-communicated as I was a female travelling solely.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo