“Good”

Ranked #1 of 32 Coffee & Tea in Amman
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 November 2013

This restaurant is really good, especially the bread with the houmous. Nevertheless, note that you cannot play cards there, the waiter shouted at us while we were playing cards. We were quite surprised, so we left the restaurant quite quickly. But maybe it's due to the whole society and not the restaurant, that you are not allowed to play cards in public. Strange, though.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

In a city that is becoming overrun by modernity, this café in Wust Al-Balad maintains some nostalgic flavor from the 50s and 60s. Classical Arab music such as that of Feiruz fills this wooden den, and permeates the apple-scented smoke puffed out by the patrons. I make my way out to the covered balcony overlooking a quiet downtown on a Thursday afternoon. A smiling man comes up to my table and takes my order: peach argileh (shisha, nargile, hookah, waterpipe, hubbly-bubbly, whatever) and Turkish coffee, medium sugar. It's on my table within five minutes. I get the wifi password and whittle away the day. Across from me, a cute Jordanian couple is finishing a delicious-looking meal of tabbouleh (parsley salad) and feta cheese. Personally, I've never had their food. But their Turkish coffee has kept me coming back again and again.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

good place to eat, normally very busy at night but in the afternoon its calmer. very clean, and food is also very nice.
at the bottom floor there is a traditional bath would really recommend that too.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Well, their food was really good to say the truth! HOWEVER, you'd expect any descent restaurant to at least compensate you when you find a hair inside the dough of you cheese fateereh. Not, so much as an apology. They just replaced it and charged us anyways. Like I said, any descent restaurant would at least offer their apologies and replace that particular order complimentary. But no they didn't care much. So, not sure if I'll be back or would recommend this place.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Where do I begin, the lousy service or the lousy everything else? This place is not clean, when we ordered drinks the glasses were dirty. When I complained they basically brought a new glass and poured the contents of the dirty glass into the new one. I refused to drink it and asked for a closed can of pepsi instead. When we got the bill they would not remove the juice from the bill and made us pay for it. The food was also not good at all and I have serious doubts about how this cafe is allowed to remain open.