“My last night in Amman”

Ranked #12 of 649 Restaurants in Amman
Price range: US$50 - US$70
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: guests to make a homemade traditional arabic salad, mezza, main course and a dessert course arabic meal with the help of a local woman , then get to enjoy it on our balcony or indoors at our grandmothers house in one of the oldest neighbourhoods in Amman
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My last night in Amman”
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

The cooking class/ dinner was wonderful! We helped in kitchen prep while out chef described the menu, detailed all the ingredients, especially those we hadn't heard of, and demonstrated how to make a traditional Jordanian meal. The setting was large but very cozy and we felt at home. The view over the city was spectacular. The meal was delicious! We had Fattoush, Mtabal, Maaloubeh(upside down chicken), and Um Ali. The ingredients were all so fresh and the dinner was excellent! The place is hard to find but a real gem.

Visited December 2013

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
Amman, Jordan
“Wonderful Cooking Class and Meal”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

My study abroad program comped us a cooking class at Beit Sitti and it was a wonderful experience. The location (in Webdeih) is beautiful with a gorgeous view of Downtown Amman and I particularly enjoyed the Fairouz soundtrack. Our cooking teacher was warm, friendly, and patient. Even though I am an avid cook and could have handled a more intense class, I appreciated the laid back atmosphere of the class. We chopped some onions and garlic, we chatted, and eventually had the best Musakhan that I have ever had (I do not say this lightly, as I live with a Jordanian host family). I would absolutely go back and I just received the recipes in my email so I can make the dishes again! Baheb Beit Sitti Katiiiiiiiiiir!!!!!

• Visited November 2013
London
“An excellent cookery evening in a lovely setting”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

The concept of Beit Sitti is to prepare and cook your own meal and with a lot of help and instruction did just that. We were greeted with a wonderful lemon drink and then presented with our own chopping board and apron and the session commenced. Our instructors were delightful and showed us what to do before we performed each task. This was interspersed with useful information about how to be sure that you have the freshest herbs or how to chop onions without cutting your fingers.The ambience is just right and the setting very picturesque. All in all an excellent evening and the food we produced was delicious. A must do if you are in Amman and have the time.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank tayjers
Amman
“Lovely idea, great execution”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

The concept of beit sitti is that you cook your own meal, therby learning about arabic cuisine and culture while also enjoying a nice evening and a great meal. I have done a fair bit of eating and - at least watching - arabic cooking before, but still managed to pick up several new tips. The setting is lovely and the staff enthusiastic and helpful. All in all, a really fun way to spend an evening.

• Visited September 2013
Amman, Jordan
“Eat, cook, love!”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Beit Sitti is Amman's best embodiment of a celebration of cooking and friendship. A wonderful way to enjoy your friends' company as well as delicious food; if you come in the winter you enjoy the decoration of a beautiful house, and if you come in summer sit outside and gaze over the Amman citadel. We made our own bread, our own moutabbal (~baba gannoush) and yogurt/cucumber/mint salad and chicken maqloubeh... dessert was great too! The setting is beautiful and we felt welcomed - and excited about cooking - from beginning to end. PS non-alcoholic drinks provided, but bring your own wine, and wine opener, if you want to drink.

• Visited October 2013