“great staff”
Review of Amman Pasha Hotel

Amman Pasha Hotel
Ranked #8 of 151 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I wanna say this is the best staff I met inside a city center. The staff is quite warm and the pick-up from airport and to other places is really low price compared to other local taxi. The staff is really helpful and considerate. We enjoyed the stay there.

But for the hardware conditions, you can't expect too much. This is city center and this is Jordan!

If I could only choose to stay in the center, I would have chosen that hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Very friendly staff, excellent location.
Staff smoke in hotel.
Restaurant is very very smoky.
Food is good but basic , would recommend trying else where .
Very noisy at night with traffic and mosque opposite (call to prayer at 5.45am!)
Staff happy to give advice on traveling around Jordan and seems fairly secure .
American lady, Suzanne, made it much more comfortable for woman and have good advice re what to wear.
Beds are very hard but comfortable. Air con is also good .
Shower is hot !
Useful to know that there was in our room a standard uk 3 pin plug socket !
If you are looking for luxury go else where is you are looking for easy, convenient go here !!

Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Jimboba
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We stayed here just for one night before leaving for petra, found this to be a great little place funky little oasis in the busy streets of amman, right opposite the amphitheatre and close to the citadel and markets, breakfast buffet was delish, staff were very very helpful and the owner even offered us a room for a few hours on our return free of charge to rest/shower in, the admin staff there are very helpful with information and organised taxis/transport for us to the dead sea and from dead sea to petra at very competitive prices, even throwing in a mini tour to mount nebo and some viewpoints, room was cheap, big and we were very thankful to have a hot shower after spending the last week in yemen, can't recommend this place enough

1  Thank Nate B
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We stayed here in January and loved the location. It was right across the street from a Roman amphitheater. and a short walk away from the Amman Citadel. There were many restaurants within walking distance. The tour desk (Ilfady) was incredibly helpful and listened to our itinerary and arranged for a great driver and tour guide named Richard. Our Jordanian visit was so memorable. Kudos to Jafar at the front desk. He was always helpful and very friendly.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CalgaryRox
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I chose this hotel because of the excellent location and because it appeared to offer value for money. It didn't disappoint. We took advantage of the pick up service offered by the Amman pasha which worked well. It's a 35 kilometre trip into Amman. This hotel in my opinion is unique. It manages to provide all the things that you must have such as hot water cleanliness comfortable bed and quiet rooms. Also so many little extras some of which one may think are mere common sense., but sadly not provided in more expensive hotels. For example on our first morning we were very late going down for our breakfast and it was our expectation that it would have been cleared. But no. Raymond, the owner had noticed our absence and breakfast was still available. An excellent breakfast and we were very impressed at his thoughtfulness.
Also worth a mention is that the food in restaurant provided excellent food at very low prices. There is a free taxi up to the citadel which is worth taking advantage of. We were having a night in wadi rum and transport was arranged easily and again represented excellent value. We also had a day trip in car to see the north of country.
We had booked our last night there before returning to London. In our absence Raymond had got married. That was so nice. He was a fantastic host and we actually felt as if we were coming back home.
One last bit of info would be not to miss the well dressed man attached to the post outside. He was being lovingly dressed in clean clothes as we were leaving. It was hilarious. All the staff have a great sense of fun.
The great reviews of this hotel in my view are very well deserved.

3  Thank nfluffball
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I originally chose this place because of the excellent reviews on trip advisor, and it was even better than I expected! As so many people have said, the staff (particularly Raymond, jaffar and ahmad) are incredibly friendly and helpful, and they really go the extra mile, way way beyond what one might expect! For example, when I needed to get a local sim card, staff didn't just point me in the direction of the shop, but photocopied my passport for me, walked me to the shop, translated for me and helped me get the card activated (and wouldn't even accept a small tip). Seriously impressive! So many things like that, big and small – offering to write addresses down in Arabic so I could give them to taxi drivers who didn’t speak english, asking around for directions to certain places, making phone calls in Arabic for me – really made a huge difference to me, as those things would have otherwise been quite a struggle (without speaking the language). And what’s more, I got the feeling that all this assistance was offered out of a genuine desire to look after me and make sure I had a good stay.

My room was basic but clean and perfectly adequate – hot shower, good heater/air con, comfy bed and a desk. Breakfast (included with my room) was great – a buffet with delicious local food. The restaurant is fun for dinner as well with lots of singing and dancing (and it was very convenient to have a restaurant attached to the hotel particularly as I try to avoid wandering around by myself after dark as a solo female traveller). Actually, I was surprised by how many conveniences are offered - you can get room service and food 24hours, there is a laundry service, free local calls from the phone in your room, you can hire a car, you can arrange very reasonably priced airport pickups (25 JOD for the convenience of having it prearranged as opposed to 22 JOD at the airport) you can have a sauna and a massage (which was very nice after my flight!) downstairs at the hotel...for a relatively small hotel, it’s pretty impressive what they offer! They are even starting to put together a gym area on the rooftop (but it looks very basic at the moment so don’t get too excited). The location is also very convenient – very close to the main street and in easy walking distance of most of the places I wanted to go (the citadel, market, restaurants etc).

If you’re looking for a fancy place with luxurious rooms this wouldn’t be your best pick, but if you’re looking for a good base close to the city centre with a fun vibe and incredibly friendly and helpful staff, this is an excellent choice.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Giselle2014
Reviewed 28 January 2014

The hotel is perfectly situated with the Amphitheater across the street and the Citadel up the hill. There are a hundred restaurants within walking distance and a pretty good one attached to the hotel as well. The staff were very friendly especially Jafar who was always happy to see us and even brought us cake that they brought in for a guests birthday celebration.
We arranged a driver through Abu Fadil at the tour desk as well and setup a great tour of the rest of Jordan. They did a great job and took really good care of us.
The hotel is older but all the hotels in the old city are older. The newer hotels are all well outside the main tourist area.

Room Tip: The fourth floor has in room wifi.