“Awesome Travel Hub”
Review of Amman Pasha Hotel

Amman Pasha Hotel
Ranked #7 of 149 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We booked three separate nights at the Pasha during our stay in Jordan because of the reviews on tripadvisor and we were not disappointed. The location is excellent, the staff is great, and the hotel is just cool. At the Pasha you're essentially across the street from the amphitheater and at the bottom of the hill where the citadel and Zeus' temple are. We tried to walk up to the citadel and had a tough time, but we did make it. I'm sure we would have had an easier go of it if we asked for directions... Also, take some time to walk around Amman. There are tons of shops and great restaurants. The people are incredibly warm and hospitable. We live in Chicago and felt safer and more comfortable walking around Amman than we do at home. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. And I can't think of a better way to describe the hotel than just a cool place to hang out for travelers. The food in the cafe is good and fairly priced. It's a fun place to hang out and meet other travels. Same goes for the rooftop. The only downside to the Pasha is the quality of the accommodations. Though this isn't really a negative if your know what to expect. This is not a five star hotel; your not getting a fancy room with a great bed, cable TV, and a high-end bathroom. And it's not quiet. If you are looking for a luxury stay, this is not the place for you. But, if your okay with somewhat run-down accommodations and a bit of noise, this is an awesome place to stay. I would highly recommend the Pasha as a cool, budget hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tim M
syriafullbottle, Owner at Amman Pasha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.A big thank you for giving us the thumb up
we appreciate you fair constructive criticism .we are continually working on up grading the rooms .At present rooms are basically furnished with every item works function Fridge ,TV AC and comfortable bedding.We are trying to put a flair to furnishing/redecorate the rooms to give it a more pleasant environment. without over pricing the rooms
We thank you for appreciation of the service,breakfast,food at restaurant,and location in a safe environment.
We love you description of the hotel as "awesome travel hub" and a
"cool place to hang out for travelers"
Very encouraging descriptions
we have hosted some 24,000 guests/happy
customers since we opened just over two years ago.
Our customers came as a guest and left as a friend
We have made thousands of friends all over the world.
Sincere thanks

Reviewed 28 April 2014

As a solo female traveller and after reading the good reviews about Amman Pasha hotel I decided to give it a go. My first contact at the reception was Jaffar, a great guy who made me feel so welcomed and for whom nothing is impossible. Currently I am spending my 4th night before travelling to Jerusalem and I know that after my 2 days trip I will come back here and do so between my trips. I have just booked my next nights with Jaffar and just felt I should drop a note and just be thankful I can rely on him and feel safe. Of course i think enought was said about the basic furniture but to be honest this is accessory as all you need is a clean room. Truly the atmosphere is great, the guys at the restaurant are awesome, always happy, and the parties most evening are a bonus that you don't feel the need to go elsewhere in the evening.
I am still around for another 2 weeks in Jordan before I head off back to France and more nights to look forward to in the hotel. Solo female traveller, do not hesitate. Cheers

2  Thank Rabia B
syriafullbottle, Owner at Amman Pasha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Rabea.You are most welcome at the Pasha.It has been real pleasure meeting you.We are delighted to have to have you stay with us.
We at the Pasha understand the special needs of solo travelers especially females and deliver the services and peace of mind they rightly deserve.
We wish you a pleasant trip to Jerusalem have great time , and look forward to see you again in few days inshallah

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I've been in a lot of hostels and I have to say, Amman Pasha felt like a hostel to me,more than a hotel. Our room was..... interesting (mismatched, plain, very basic and odd) and the bathroom was, not so much dirty, as just not well maintained.

However, the staff are really lovely (Jafar was always happy to help with writing Arabic instructions for taxi drivers!) and the restaurant downstairs (which serves breakfast) was great too. Excellent location, and probably the cheapest you'll find with such a great view of the Roman Amphitheatre. Just don't expect too much from it!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Swarnes

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel

Jafar at front desk is delighted to see his name mentioned favourably .

the room furniture is basic but functional nothing fancy or luxury.That is our policy at the hotel to make sure every thing works.

as you mentioned it gives the feeling of a friendly hostel like atmospohere where travelers can easily strike conversation with the person next to them on the table.We provide congenial environment for everyone.

thank you again for positive review and hope to see you again in future.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

we stayed with our family for 2 nights, Not worth the amount they charged for room, too small for family. The toilet was not working,had to keep informing for maintenance. Good location and Breakfast was good and staff was friendly though.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank MadMAdonna B
Reviewed 25 April 2014

In many respects this should be a two star review. I base this on that fact that upon our arrival here at 11pm local time we were informed our room wasn’t ready. However, the chap at reception was very apologetic and invited us to sit in the bar where we enjoyed a can of the local larger. It’s called Petra and the alcohol content comes in at a staggering 10 percent. Cue significant light-headedness. The bar is the best thing about this place. Really quirky- lots of bizarre pictures on the wall (including one of Saddam Hussein). It had a really good feel to it. When our room was ready the porter made what we thought was a joke, suggesting we’d taken his room. However, I think there’s a very good likelihood it was his room as it was appalling. Two single beds and a filthy shower. However, I’m not going to score this place down because the staff are so delightful. Particular mention to Ibrahim. I don’t think he had any idea what we were talking about half the time but he always had a smile on his face and that counts for a lot.

The hotel is in a great location. Right next to both the Roman Amphitheatre and the ruins at the top of the city- both well worth a look.

When coming to a final score it’s worth thinking about expectations. This place costs £20 per person tonight. You ain’t going to get the Savoy for that but the staff are all great and really make the place.

Room Tip: Great location If you're going to be late make sure you tell them or else they'll give your...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TimReichardt
syriafullbottle, Owner at Amman Pasha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for taking time to review the hotel and a special thanks for your favourable candid review.
I am glad you enjoyed the local super strong beer the Petra at the bar.
I spoke to Ibraheim who actually admits it was a joke take you to a room that was not yours and it was just been checked out.He is that kind of person.A happy go lucky one.
Saddam Hussein is one of many contradictory leaders displayed on the walls at bar.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in future

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Very good location: across the Roman theatre (and a museum that houses original mosaics from churches of the 5th century). The staff is truly friendly, and room was spotless and quiet. I would definitely recommend this place for someone on a budget.

Room Tip: Do not stress to find an internet cafe if you need to print an important document such as a one-page...
1  Thank elmaross
syriafullbottle, Owner at Amman Pasha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear Elma
It was pleasure having you staying at our hotel.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and your trip to Jordan was fantastic and memorable one.
Thank you for giving us the thumb up a heart warming stuff for the crew
we hope to see you again in future and wish you well with your life/work in Oman

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed here 3 nights in April 2014. Came back last night from Amman.

Pros:
Location: You could not ask for a better location than this joint. Located opposite the Roman Amphitheater, it is also close to Rainbow Street, the Amman Citadel and the old souks downtown. The best part if they have someone around they'll drive you there.

Price: If you are a solo it does not come better than this, for 29 JD per night with no BS hidden fees and/or surcharges you'd be hard pressed to find a better bargain.

Service: These guy go out of their to help out. Wish I could give 5 stars to indivduals but Mr. Marwan (the general manager, his photo attached) went out of his way to help out. Like having a Jordanian dad who ofcourse needs to get paid :) Just watch out for one of their drivers especially this one guy who left me stranded at the Dead Sea Mariott for 1.5 hour and then tried to pass it off by saying that all Jordanians are always late.

Cons:
Facilities: I knew going in that this is a budget hotel and I have to confess that I've never really stayed in a budget hotel at this price point. So I set my expectations accordingly. Even so I was pretty taken aback by how sad my room was. I'll let the photos do the talking but by far my biggest complaint was the bathroom. The shower was weak with the hot water taking pretty long and the flush never worked. I asked to have it fixed thrice but every night when I returned I found it broken. Thankfully I was going to the Dead Sea Mariott spa everyday so took my showers and such over there. Also the "gym" is a joke.
I am 6'3" and had to sleep diagonally on the single bed as I barely fit. But the bed is nice and firm the way I like it. Maybe it was just my room so it would be worth it to check out the room and ask for another if possible. I did but the hotel was full.

Food: The breakfast buffet was super basic and everything felt a little stale. I mainly just ate cucumbers with hummus and that's it. While the restaurant has a nice atmosphere, the dinners can get a lil pricey especially given the options you have right around the corner in the old souk area.

Summary:
This is the hotel for you if you are on a budget and need to be located centrally. Also don't be afraid to rent a car in Jordan. Again a special shout-out to Mr. Marwan, who should be awarded the best hotel manager in the world!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank farcry80