All reviews hashem restaurant famous restaurant ceiling fan hot water airport pickup other guests reception area walking distance would stay here again hostel downtown citadel wifi accommodation jordan driver laptop
Reviewed 12 May 2018

Walking distance (15 mins) or taxi 3JOD to Iraqi Embassy. Located on 3rd floor with steps, right in the shopping (bazaar) area. Walking distance to historic Roman amphitheater. Andrew, owner, is extremely knowledgable about history and politics; taught me a lot. Very clean room newly painted a pleasant yellow with ceiling fan, very hot water for showers 6 AM to 11 PM, modern isle kitchen, great balcony view of city center, comfortable lounge furniture in reception area for visiting other guests, strong reliable wifi signal in my room. Shower and toilets in hallway, not a big problem (fifteen steps from my bedroom door). Bakery and small grocery shop at bottom of the steps. Street noise at night, especially weekends, can last until 1:30AM, but I am a night owl, so I was not bothered. Good value for money. I would stay here again and recommend it for others on a budget. The Jeruselum restaurant around the corner has excellent lentil soup and hot meals at very inexpensive prices.

Room Tip: rooms closest to street are more noisy at night, but strong wifi signal and closest to kitchen.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

We spent 4 nights in Cliff Hotel (first 3 before heading south and last one before catching our flight). We tried the double twin room as well as the 3 beds dorm and all of them were super clean and a good option to rest on a budget. Furthermore, the staff helped us organize the rest of our trip (finding us cheap options to stay/travel) and always helped when needed (special kuddos to Andrew at reception, he’s funny and very friendly).
The shared bathroom is always clean as well, which is all we look for (as we had come to visit, not to hang out in a hotel).
You can have breakfast at the bakery downstairs, lunch/dinner at Hashem (opposite from Cliff) and get a cab super easily to go anywhere at any time.
If I were to come back to Amman, I’d for sure come back to Cliff!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

The only reason this gets two stars is because I stayed at a worse place - Elgee Hotel in Petra

Pros
Location, location, location! Walking distance to everything!
Noisy fan drowns out the loud street noises
Rooms were cold but they provided two blankets.

Cons
Filthy stairs leading upto the building
Everything inside also just felt dirty
Nowhere to keep your things in the bathrooms
Drivers hang around in the lobby trying to get you to do tours with them
They charge JD25 for airport pickup. Would have been half that price on Uber.
There is a cooker in the kitchen but you’re only allowed to boil water in it.
Doors are locked at night and you need to wake up the Manager to open them.
I got a private room so paid extra. May have been value for money for the dorms but I felt cheated that this place had an average score of 8.
This was the first place I stayed in Jordan and it gave me a bad first impression about the cleanliness of accomodation in the country (which was subsequently proven wrong in other hotels).

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We came just for two nights, but ended staying for four nights. It was kinda our sweet home. Lovely hotel: Clean spacious rooms, good wifi, excellent roof chilling area, great location. But what made it real home was friendly, funny, helpful and really caring staff. We also rented car through them and got better deal then online booking!
I hope I come back soon.
150% recommendation :)

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 December 2017

When you get there, you kinda question yourself where you are, and if you really got the right entrance. Once you made it up the stairs, the team welcomes you warmly and you feel yourself at home straight away. It is basic, but covers all you need incl. hot water for shower, wifi & blankets. What makes it special is Andrew and Fuod as well as the other staff, who really care about there guests and help them to make their stay in Jordan unique and on a shoe string. It's an authentic hostel, in the middle of typical small shops and markets & i would totally go again! Thanks Andrew & Co, my week was great!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo