“Intercontinental standards. ”

Ranked #2 of 143 Hotels in Amman
“Intercontinental standards. ”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Intercontinental standards.
In the heart of Amman and everything is close to you. Ideal for business travelers.
Excellent hospitality and a friendly staff.
Unfortunately the view from my room was horrible. If you have the option, take the pool view.
Recommended.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Ibrahim F, Director of Rooms at InterContinental Amman, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor and letting us know that you had a 'Brilliant' stay.

Your praise regarding your visit, it's a good motivator to know that our guests leave the hotel with a positive experience and look forward to coming back.

We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback regarding the room view will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Director of rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Sumter, South Carolina
Reviewed 21 August 2014

When away from home on business trips, there's nothing like coming to a hotel and being welcomed with open arms. The InterContinental Amman is second to none when it comes to their customer support. The staff makes me feel very at home and go out of their way to take care of their guests. After traveling many years to Amman and mostly staying at the InterContinental Amman, I've got to know many of the staff by name. They are truly family to me. Special thanks to Riyad Al Hawi (the breakfast chef), for taking care of my morning nourishments for years. Not only is he a great chef, but you can tell by watching him cook that he truly enjoys preparing the best food possible for his guests. Also, many thanks to my wonderful waitress, Wisam. She too, has been taking care of me for a couple of years and has learned what I like and dislike. I never have to request fresh pineapple's or ask for refills, she's always on top of it. I know in previous reviews I also thanked Tamarra, Asraf, and basically the entire staff that I had the pleasure in dealing with. Names, too many to mention, by no way indicate any less of professionalism displayed. I can't thank the GM and his Staff enough. Job always well done!

Room Tip: For frequent travelers, I highly recommend joing the Ambassadar Club. You get automatic room upgrad...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Ibrahim F, Manager at InterContinental Amman, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Let me take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at the InterContinental Jordan and for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is extremely valuable for us as we strive

to consistently exceed guest expectations, in every way.

We are happy to see that your experience is reflecting our actions and we are heading into the right direction. Your comments regarding the breakfast experience are a delight to read and I have personally communicated your praise to the teams.

We do hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon, where every member of our team will do their utmost to make your stay most enjoyable and memorable once again.

Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Barkev at the reception for the ambassador check in was amazing through out my stay. He help out in every question I had, and tried to make my stay as best as possible. The rooms are very clean! Great job to the staff at this hotel. I recommend this hotel to anyone coming to amman!

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Ibrahim F, Director of rooms at InterContinental Amman, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
First of all, allow me to thank you for being one of our most loyal guest, as an ambassador and for choosing InterContinental Jordan whiles your residence in Amman.

We are thrilled to read your wonderful review of your stay at InterContinental Jordan here on Tripadvisor.
Thank you for your comments about our staff, facilities and location.

We appreciate your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Beirut , lebanon
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I have been staying there several times and since several years.
It is my first choice hotel in Amman though I tried only few ones not all of Amman hotels.
I like most the lobbies & the swimming pool . The rooms can vary but in general the majority are great from inside but the views are disappointing..
The Lebanese restaurant is a bit overpriced and the rooms are also overpriced but it is so almost everywhere. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your continuous support InterContinental Jordan and for sharing your review here on Tripadvisor.

We greatly appreciate your comments. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit. I will be delighted to share it with the management team and colleagues.

Melbourne
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed here as part of a private tour arranged in Australia. Paid extra for a Club room. Service in the Hotel is good and rooms are spacious. The Club Room was packed with rowdy children the night we went in. No- one cared including parents. Most guests were there for a feast ... No turn down service at night which is unusual for a five star Hotel

• Stayed August 2014
I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at InterContinental Jordan and for taking the time to share your comments here on Tripadvisor.

Please be aware that it is not the usual service InterContinental Jordan has been known for. your comments will not go unnoticed but will be shared with the management and entire team.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I have stayed many times in Amman and all of them at the 4 seasons until last September when I was invited to private celebration which had booked with intercon and they did not go wrong!
The rooms were top notch.spacious and clean.
Had dinner the 1st night The Mexican restaurant.food was good but a bit overpriced I believe.
Our breakfast had endless choices between middle eastern cuisine and international.
The reception and concierge made sure that all our inquiries and stay was enjoyable.
Definitely recommend it and will stay again!

Stayed September 2013
Ibrahim F, Director of rooms at InterContinental Amman, responded to this review, 22 August 2014

your comments on TripAdvisor.

accomplished this in your visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back once again.

Amman, Jordan
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This is now my 8th trip to Amman and once again my choice to stay at the Intercon was justified! The service provided by the staff is once again exceptional! Specifically Hassan, Hasan, Obada, Bashar, Luda, Adli, Sewar, and Lana. They have once again made the Intercon Amman my home away from home.

Room Tip: I like having the rooms by the pool with the sliding glass doors out to the patio but that is just m...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at InterContinental Jordan and for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

I am very happy to read the comments online. Our main goal in the hotel is to dedicate our attention to the guests and not only meet but try to exceed their expectations; it is rewarding to know we have accomplished this in your visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back once again.