“Nice City Hotel”

Ranked #11 of 144 Hotels in Amman
worcestershire
“Nice City Hotel”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We arrived after midnight and check was good and we were given a room on floor 15. We had booked a king double, non smoking. But was told there was only a twin non smoking available or the room we were given a king double but smoking. As soon as we got into the room you could smell and tell it was a smoking room. But as it was 1pm by now we were to tired to argue. So I sprayed some smelly stuff around. We kept the room as it had a good view of the city and it was only for 3 nights. We move onto the Marriott Petra, and there will insist on a non smoking room. The breakfast buffet is good, with a decent choice of hot and cold food. The buffet dinner is good again with a decent choice of hot and cold food. The only problem with breakfast and dinner are the slowness of the drinks coming. We had to ask for tea and coffee to be bought to the table at breakfast. The was a few minutes after we had got our buffet breakfast. I also heard other guests having to ask were their coffee/tea was. This was the same at dinner. We were shown to a table, told about the buffet. The waiter took the drinks order and it was a good 10 minutes before they came. The health club is vey good, has all you need for a workout and relaxation. The hotel has a nice row of shops to have a mooch around.
If I come to Amman again I would stay at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jamfanWorcestershire

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Texas
Reviewed 10 March 2012

The Amman Marriott is a very nice hotel located in the heart of the city. We were welcomed at the hotel and the check in procedure was fairly pain free. The hotel staff is very friendly and did everything possible to meet your needs. The piano lounge area was a good place to watch people. The room was spacious and clean and we loved the linen. It was crispy white and the pillows soft and inviting after a long day of frustrations. The bathroom was clean with white and fluffy towels. A hot bathe was desperately needed. The evening dinner buffet which was included with our room was very well presented and tasty as was the breakfast buffet. This is a hotel that I would stay in again.

Room Tip: The Higher the Better and away from the Elevators
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Amman
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Most hotel libraries are a collection of old remaindered books but the library in the Marriott in Amman not nly has some good books, including some first editins which I read beside the pool, but a comfortable and attractive library bar. The rooms are extremely comfortable, the staff friendly and the piano lounge is a very pleasant place to drink coffee and meet friends.

Room Tip: Ask for wat you want the staff are accommodating.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 5 March 2012

The Amman Mariott is a great hotel. As others have said the staff is wonderful and do everything possible to meet your needs. The piano lounge area was a great place to watch people. The staff at the lounge is attentive and polite. A wedding was held one evening when I was there and one of the waiters explained the customs to me. It was beautiful and fascinating. I would rate the hotel a 5 except for one thing....my room was fairly close to the elevator bank. One of the elevators made a vibrating noise when it passed my floor. I did not ask to move to another room as I had totally unpacked by the time I discovered this. Not a huge problem, but if you are a light sleeper you might be happier further from the elevator. I was on the 14th floor.

Room Tip: Rooms by elevators can be noisy.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Germany
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I have been a frequent and regular visitor to this hotel for over 2 years now. I have rarely come across such friendly and accommodating staff, who almost treat me like being part of a large family. Usually, I get my same preferred room, but I can say that all the rooms are of equal high standard. What is particularly important for me is that the rooms are quiet and well sound-proofed against noise coming from neighbouring rooms. The food is good value for money, although of course alcoholic drinks are somewhat pricey. There is a good sports bar in the hotel which shows live sports events and which offers good pub-style food (the chicken wings are particularly tasty). For visitors like me who need to do many trips around town, the hotel offers a very good and reasonably-priced hotel-owned taxi service. All in all, I can highly recommend this hotel for any discerning traveller!

Room Tip: Best rooms are on the executive floors (12-15).
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Stayed here just one night at the end of our holiday. It was a nice hotel but the staff were not as friendly as in the Moevenpicks we'd stayed in. Rooms lovely . It was very cold while we were there and I found it difficult to heat the bed room . We had the buffet dinner in the restaurant and it was ok not much of a selection but adequate at 20JD. The restuarant was very cold however and most people were sitting in thiieir overcoats, the buffet food was just luke warm We got great breakfast boxes in the morning as were were leaving early .Beds very comfortable and nice quiet rooms .

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2012

The hotel has a bit of a dated feel to it. Very busy public areas and bedroomsand bathrooms on the small side for a Marriott but with the usual high standard beds and bed linen.

The hotel is in the middle of an office area so once booked in, that's where you stay.

We ate in the busy sports bar which was very smokey. When you are used to UK non smoking bars and public areas, as a non smoker bars like this are pretty unpleasant.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends