“A night or two. Unfriendly” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Amman Cham Palace

Amman Cham Palace
Ranked #71 of 148 Hotels in Amman
Ontario, Canada
“A night or two. Unfriendly”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

My wife and I stayed concluding our Jordan trip, at Amman sham. First of all the location shown on the tripadvisor map is incorrect. It is no where near where it is marked on the map. The hotel staff is not friendly. We carried our own bags. dinner n breakfast both were buffets and did not have a decent selection for foreigners. Internet is available at the lounge only n is pretty expensive from the room. The room was decent though you might need to request for a extra blanket. For a day or two it is ok but not for a long stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AselaP

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

Room given was great and clean. There were 3 persons in our group, and we were given a room with a king bed and a foldable bed. The foldable bed was connected the sofa, hence it was slightly uncomfortable. Food served at the hotel's restaurant was great, surprisingly. Wifi was not free, hence those who required Internet connection had to pay for it. Overall, it was a pleasant experience, and the view of the neighbourhood that was facing the hotel was really nice.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LylaFadhilah
Grapevine, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

Eh… That’s about the best review I can give. This place hosts a lot of tour groups (including mine) and that’s what they cater to. We stayed for 3 nights at the beginning of our tour of Jordan. The room was actually quite large and clean (at least the first room we had was), so that was great. Bed was hard, pillows were very thin. Shower was good – lots of water pressure and hot water. Breakfast and dinner were served buffet style. The breakfast was not good at all. They made no attempt (it seemed) to keep the hot food hot. The scrambled eggs, potatoes, etc., were very, very cold. I finally gave up on that and just had croissants and tea by day 3. Dinner was okay – at least it was hot, but we went down as soon as it was available. Front desk was friendly, but not overly helpful. I wanted to get in touch with my family back in the states and my cell phone didn’t work (even though it’s supposed to), so I tried to dial direct. It didn’t work, so I went downstairs to inquire. The front desk guy came up to the room with me and he couldn’t get it to work either (he just looked at me and shrugged). Then I decided I would use the internet, so he sent someone up with a cable. That guy couldn’t figure out how to connect the cable and wanted to send maintenance to our room. By this time, it was very late, so I gave up. I would have really appreciated it if the staff would have let me connect on a house computer for the 5 minutes I needed, but they would not. As an FYI, the internet connection is a phone card. They were out of 30 minute cards, so I was going to have to pay 7JD for a 2 hour card. I ended up going to an internet café the next day and paying 1JD for an hour.

At the end of our tour, we spent one night here before heading back to the airport. Our second room was kind of a mess. The chair in the room was filthy, as was the shower curtain. The molding around the door was missing and there was a huge hole in the ceiling where the sprinkler system was. I was super glad that our first room was much nicer. I would have not stayed in the 2nd room for an extended period of time.

Overall, I guess this hotel was fine for what we needed, but if you want good service and/or good food, try someplace else.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lojo34
Bengaluru, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

this hotel was booked as part of tour package i had done through a travel agency. there was no wifi in the hotel when we enquired about the charges they quoted exorbitant price.And the breakfast was very basic and there were no fruits at all. The rooms are OK and location is decent.
there is nothing special to mention about this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Winchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

The hotel was booked as part of a total Jordon travel deal and we were "upgraded" to this hotel as there had been complaints about the one they used to deal with. If any one pays the quoted J$140 for a room they would be very disappointed but I suspect the real rate paid is a lot less.
The rooms are spacious and clean and well furnished. The sheets are a little small for the size of bed and the towels rather threadbare but other than this, the room was very comfortable.
We received good and friendly service. Breakfast has a lot of different things on offer but fairly basic and No Fruit. (Go across to supermarket on opposite side of road to get fruit). However by choosing carefully, you can have a full filling breakfast.
We only ate once in the restaurant for dinner and did not have the set buffet meal. This throws them as they have to prepare from the menu offered and we had to wait over 1/2 hour for soup (luke warm) and bolognaise to arrive. Good portions and OK.
Although other reviews have said about "out of town", this is no problem as taxis will take you anywhere in about 10 minutes. Yes, the rate quoted is always J$5 but J$3 will be accepted if you say you will take another taxi and it will get you to all the popular sites such as downtown. It is set in the financial district of Jordon and hence upmarket houses around with lots of banks available for ATM's. Felt very safe walking around at night.
All in all, this hotel was a lot better than the one originally offered and we had no real complaints other that the points highlighted above. A good average hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rayperu
Giza, Egypt
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

Rooms are clean and spacious but for business travelers be ware
1. No WiFi in the rooms
2. Internet is paid and ridiculously expensive
3. As it just happens even the 3G signal from Zain was very week in my room and most areas in the hotel so brace yourself for the 90s
4. In the breakfast which was included there is no water, I actually had to pay extra to get a bottle of water
5. The location is away from the main streets so getting a Taxi may be tricky some times
6. Seems the Do Not Disturb sign has no value, I left my stuff in a certain order and left the DND sign and returned to find everything gathered on the table

Alternatives: Many but my favorite was Ibis, it's cheaper with very fast Internet (I sat in the their cafe and had coffee to get work done) and next to a shopping mall and busy streets

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank hnawar

Travellers are raving about these Amman hotels

Panjim, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

Was looking after a Group in Jordan and stayed at Amman Cham Palace in Amman from the 09th - 11th Aug'13. Contrary to what I had read on Trip Advisor about the hotel, my Agents in Jordan - Apollo Tours did assure me that all would be well, and yes it sure was. The rooms at the Hotels are spacious, clean and well furnished. Linen and upholstery in the rooms are well maintained. Bathrooms also well equipped with toiletries and a hair dryer. The safety Deposit box in the room is a great help. The Rooms do open out onto a Balcony, so a bit of Fresh Air helps. Food at the hotel was also good, although not much of a spread for the main course, but the choice of Salads and Desserts make up for it. We did request for Indian meals for our Group, the hotel did falter on the first day, but once we explained our requirement, the F&B Department was spot on to see that we we well looked after. Location - a bit out of Town, but then it also gives you the peaceful feeling of being away from all the traffic and noise. A Coffee Shop and Pizzeria opposite the hotel is a great help for that in between snack . A small mini mart located opposite the hotel takes care of some of your basic needs. We did have a Conference for half a day at their Conference Hall located opposite the Swimming Pool, which pleased all. Local Taxis are easily available just outside the Hotel in case you need to get into Town. Service by the hotel staff at Reception and Bell Desk was also upto the mark and very obliging. Avoid the Business Centre, the Internet does not work too well. WiFi is charged, but the speed being very slow, would give it a miss. On the whole, cannot see any reason not to stay at the hotel on my next visit.......If you are used to sleeping on fluffy soft Pillows, ask Housekeeping for the same as the ones provided in the rooms are like Pan Cakes.....

Room Tip: Most rooms on the higher Floors give you a better view