“Amman the city of love”

Ranked #5 of 142 Hotels in Amman
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Amman the city of love”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2011

My colleagues and I traveled toAmman 14-20 January 2011. We very much felt at home from the minute we interacted with the staff. Whether at the rest. SPA or lobby, we were treated with professionalism, hospitality and friendliness. Our breakfast was a fun affair b/c of two waiters(Jamil and Sami) who adopted our table for the whole week. They anticpated our needs before we uttered a word; brought us The Jordan Times, fresh orange juice, fresh baked bread,etc.

The housekeeping staff went above and beyond to ensure we had everything we need.
The receptionists were friendly, helpful and provided great advice about the city.

We very much loved Amman and the Meridien. We enjoyed going back to the hotel in the evening and talk to the staff about our visits to West Amman, Rainbo St and of course downtown Amman.
Next time in Amman, we will be staying at the Meridien.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank jordan179
LeMeridienAmman, Public Relations Manager at Le Meridien Amman, responded to this review, 25 January 2011
Dear guest,
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. We were delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay with us at Le Méridien Amman and that you liked the various outlets, the House Keeping, Health Club and Spa and Front Office associates. We are here with the sole purpose of ensuring that you receive a memorable and distinguished stay. We will relay your compliments to Jamil and Sami, with many thanks and best wishes.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2011

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The service was very good and the accomodations were very good too. It was quite an expensive hotel and the food was equally expensive and good. The breakfast buffet was not as lavish as the hotels in Egypt but more than adequate. The bathroom was good and for a change we did not have a flood on the floore after every shower. The room was large and well appointed. Though the charges for internet was atrocious, but we were able to use Vonage on our iphones to make phone calls for a pittance!

• Stayed January 2011
2 Thank Scrippsmater
Dear Guest,
We read your review and are very happy to know you enjoyed your time at Le Méridien Amman. Our goal is to enhance the guests’ experiences in all aspects, as a top five-star hotel and member of Starwood Hotels and Resorts.
We hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Amman!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2011

We were on the very last stop of our 2 week tour of Israel and Jordan. We arrived late after visiting Petra for the day (a 3 hour journey to Amman) and had an early morning flight so we did not get to really experience what this hotel or city had to offer. I cannot even speak as to the convenience of it's location.

What we did experience was a friendly and helpful staff, lovely, clean and large rooms and good restaurant options. The beds, linens and bathrooms were top notch and the gym was well equipped. Free wireless in the lobby at least would have been appreciated but was not offered (a pet peeve of mine)

I hope to have more of an opportunity to take advantage of the hospitality of the city and this hotel specifically in the future. I would definitely choose the Le Meridien Amman again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank Msk6261
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Le Méridien Amman on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked the hotel’s gym, rooms, cuisine and staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon and in the meantime, I remain with kind regards.
Dubai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2010

I am writing my review today though it has been a while since I was at Le Meridien Amman and for me it is one of the best hotels in Amman the only thing was the traffic around it but after all it was all over the town (last July) ;a lot of outlets all serving great food,we stayed at the club rooms also nice,helpfull,kind staff and the best about this hotel that it is a walking distant from an open air area for sheesha and fast food ,for sure I will be staying there again and actually what made me write the review today that it is not fair to judge the whole hotel from one individual ,to be more accurate I had faced me and my friends that stayed with me the same situation at the business center and I think she is the same emloyee short,cilicon lips and black hair ,we were offered by her to come up to the rooms ,and she made it to some rooms however this is everywhere in all hotels and all countries for me it is absolutely normal ,as I said this hotel will be on the top of my list and I will recommned it for others.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank alhajeriH3
LeMeridienAmman, Public Relations Manager at Le Meridien Amman, responded to this review, 4 January 2011
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am sorry to hear of your experience and would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly. Please email me at pr@lemeridien0-amman.com so we may discuss this issue further.
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2010

Taken into consideration that you are in Amman (A civilized yet conservative city )We (me and my wife) were pretty much surprised of staying at Le Meridien Amman and what we would like to address to the managemet of the hotel if they are aware of what is going on there!!!that if we or others are looking for sex tourism diffinitely we will not be heading to Amman .To cut it short and not to judge the whole hotel we would have stayed their longer (one night stay)because the staff is very nice ,the food was good we tried it at the lebanese restaurant for dinner and the rooms are really spacious .However the issue was at the business center ,I went there by myself to photo copy some documents as I was in a hurry I told the lady there to finish it and send it with the bellboys to my room ,I gave her the room number and when I wanted to give her the money she held my hand and in the weirdest sorry cheapest way she said (If you would like I can bring it up personnally to your room!!!?)Truly I was totally shocked withdrew my hand directly and left ; I did not even took the change,after 5 minutes I came back with my wife by then she finished it we took the papers and left .
Overall it is a good hotel maybe the construction is a bit tough view but does no major damage at least in our stay.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel.

It is unfortunate that we have communicated with you on several occasions, but you were unable to provide us with a precise date of your stay at our hotel, nor your full name under which you reserved your room. It is our expressed desire to assist all guests in having a comfortable and relaxing stay, which is why the information detailed above is needed. Please respond to pr@lemeridien-amman.com, so we will be able to assist you with this concern.
Tempe, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2010

HIgh quality hotel with all the amenities: lots of restaurants, large bar, fitness center, spa, shops, ATM/bank center. Have a Club Lounge - breakfast could have a wider selection but fine. I stayed here 2x: once in the Old Wing and then the New Wing... though the New Wing had better sleeker furnishings - preferred the Old Wing: where the lounge is; roomier and just more comfortable. Complimentary bottled water in the rooms. Plasma TV, safe, coffee/tea making facilities - everything you would expect in a well appointed hotel. Restaurants included a Benihana, Lebanese, Italian, Chinese and Steakhouse; as well a s Lobby Bar that served food as well. Staff are very friendly. Location: not sure - other hotels in the area and didnt venture around Amman much; more of a transit stop but walked aroudn the area and really nothing around - not sure if this was the location of the hotel or roughly a statement on Amman. Fitness center: large but for the size of the hotel; found the gym to be pretty busy. Need an upgrade on the equipment and definitely the towels.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
LeMeridienAmman, Public Relations Manager at Le Meridien Amman, responded to this review, 6 December 2010
Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. We were delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay with us at Le Meridien Amman. Our goal is to make sure that all guests feel most welcomed and that each visit is a special one and we do hope that we achieved our goals during your visit. My colleagues and I look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Campbell, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2010

As per previous reviews, the hotel is undergoing construction. I did not find this bothersome. I was able to get a good nights sleep even though my room faced the construction site (I was on the 7th floor). Bed was comfortable. Staff were helpful. Room was clean. One thing that did annoy me was that I tried to hire a car w drive via the hotel to drive me to petra, the price quoted was VERY high. When I told them what I was willing to offer (since I knew how much it should cost), they were able to OK my price after some "phone calls". Kinda annoying, but that seems like the way it is in Jordan. Also, try the Lebanese restaurant if you want great Hummus.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
Dear guest,
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. We were delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay with us at Le Méridien Amman and that you liked the hotel’s beds, cleanliness and Lebanese cuisine at Al Mukhtar. We will relay your compliments to Chef Maroun.
Again, thank you for your visit and we will be looking forward to receiving you again soon!