“Excellent service and a true pleasure”

Four Seasons Hotel Amman
Ranked #1 of 143 Hotels in Amman
washington D.C.
“Excellent service and a true pleasure”
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Service at this hotel was wonderful all the way around. The concierge --Hamza was so helpful with a variety of different requests, as was Natalie, who greeted my family and I at the front door and escorted us to our rooms and then maid arrangements for us to visit Petra. Have stayed here a few times and have stayed at other hotels in Amman but this one is the best. There is not a hotel in Dubai, for that matter, that can compete with the service. Spa is wonderful and the rooms are just right.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank doberman32

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Arabic first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 21 December 2012

The well appointed rooms, hotel facilities and amenities merit this hotel's top standing in Amman. That said, I did find the restaurants over priced, the service uneven and the overall ambience of the hotel a bit uncomfortable. Those who travel as much as I do understand what I'm saying.

The positive aspects I single out include the superb breakfast, the outstanding spa and the rooms themselves. The spa in particular made me want to come back. I hope I do, and I hope that next time I will find that it matches what other reviewers say in favor of this hotel.

In short, I would recommend this hotel for those on extended stay. Next time I expect to stay at the Intercontinental. I checked it out this time and found the location and amenities more than acceptable.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Anthony-Susan
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 17 December 2012

I stayed in the Four Seasons for 16 days in December of 2012.

The room: the best hotel room in Amman, period. It's especially good for extended-stay business travelers: very spacious, with a nice desk work area, lots of storage space for settling in, a safe, a big-screen TV, and a nice easy chair for reading. They will empty the mini bar for you so you can have a fridge for your own purchases. They will also supply you with a kettle for making your own coffee or tea. The decor is light wood so it never feels oppressive.

The internet: the wireless is expensive, about $20/day for more than one "device" and at fairly slow speeds for Jordan: 1.3 mbs downloads max. That said, it never went out on me once, and is still faster than most developing countries.

The food: room service is dependable if a little expensive. The cavernous all-day restaurant has decent food and is on a par with Amman hotel restaurants (read: moderately expensive). I didn't try the Asian restaurant. While I read rave reviews on the top-floor "fine dining" restaurant, my experience couldn't have been worse. The food was undercooked, disgustingly presented, and when I complained, the waiter shrugged. And it was the most expensive meal I had in Jordan, by far.

The service: individual service was fast and solicitous. Every single person seemed interested in doing his personal best job to make me comfortable. The hotel suffers, however, from a lack of efficient service systems. As a small example, it is someone's job to remove dirty glassware from your room, but nobody's job to re-stock: you have to call for clean glasses and cups every day. Even though the mini bar was emptied on the first day, every day someone knocked on the door to re-stock it. Etc.

The gym: great gym full of almost-new treadmills and elliptical machines. Sadly they didn't have a normal exercise bike: only one of those laydown recumbent things. The selection of weight machines and free weights was not huge, but more than enough to get a light fitness workout.

Prices: I could go on for paragraphs at how expensive this hotel is with its amenities. It offered a corporate rate, so the room rate was almost competitive. But everything else was at least 150% of what you would pay at any other hotel. For example, a can of beer from the mini-bar cost over $14 (not a typo). A light lunch cost $30. Luckily there are supermarkets, pharmacies, and restaurants all within a 15 minute walk. I recommend you make use of them.

Room Tip: If you're on the same side as the main road (Zahran Street) go high up to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Marco20009
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 16 December 2012

We spent 2 nights at the four seasons hotel in Amman, and everything was perfect! The room and bathroom were huge and super clean. I loved the l'occitane products in the bathroom.The service was excellent and everyone was friendly. Breakfast buffet was just great! A lot of variety and the food was delicious. We would definitely stay in the same hotel during our next trip to Amman.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed 15 December 2012

after trying almost all 5 star hotels in Amman, i must say the four seasons is the best in town. everything in the hotel feels luxurious . the one thing that really doesnt make any sense, is WHY did they take out the coffee station from the rooms? it used to be there few years back but then i guess the Hotel decided to get all greedy..
although its the most expensive in amman, but no, they would still love to charge you if you feel like having a cup of coffee in your bed without the need of calling room service and all that..

if my review is read by any decision maker in this hotel, please get them water heaters back in the room

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Patrick B, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Amman, responded to this review, 20 December 2012
Dear Zaina
Thank you for sharing your experience at Four Seasons Hotel Amman. We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your time and that your stay was pleasant. We have taken your comments regarding the coffee stations to the relevant departments for consideration. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you in the future.
Kind regards
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 13 December 2012 via mobile

1 night in Dec 2012.
My first vjsit in Amman for business.
Excellent car service from airport to hotel. At arrival 2 people waiting for me outside the hotel. Checkin made in the room... it has been very nice and fast!!
Room was excellent with huge bathroom.
But real surprise is the Italian restaurant!!! What and experience! Great food, warm hospitality, excellent food thanks to the Italian chef! Wensee the high value of the Italian General Manager!
A place to be in Amman!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank maxolino76
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience at Four Seasons Hotel Amman. We are always delighted to hear from a happy guest- your kind words are much appreciated! We are also very glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at our Italian Restaurant Vivace. We have shared your most kind comments with the rest of the team, as there is no better motivation than praise for a "job well done. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Kind Regards
Lebanon, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 December 2012

For the best of the Middle East stay here and get pampered. The luxury of this place really comforts me and the food is outstanding. I love the outside balcony off the bar where you can take in the heat of the night and the noise of the city while sipping the best mixed drinks.
You can't go wrong here folks, well worth the jing

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear Mitchell
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are delighted to learn that we were able to exceed your expectation during your recent stay at our Hotel. We are also glad to hear that you enjoyed the variety and quality of our food. Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you again at Four Seasons Hotel Amman.
Kind regards