“A great way to start your trip to Jordan”

Four Seasons Hotel Amman
Ranked #1 of 152 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed 1 August 2010

This is a wonderful international hotel that is definitely a cut above all other hotels we stayed at in Jordan, and was a great bastion of peace and comfort after a long flight from the USA. Front desk service is prompt and professional. Ditto bellhops and doormen. Lobby and public areas are marble-laden, glamorous and well maintained as you would expect in a Four Seasons hotel. Huge bathrooms and our room was enormous. It was fun to watch the continuous parade of high-society gatherings and weddings that were held here.

Our favorite part of the hotel is the magnificent "coffee shop" with a huge breakfast buffet of great quality. Coupled with a lot of Saudi and UAE businessmen going to meetings in their classic dishdashah and thagiyah cap and you know you are in a swanky middle-eastern hotel if you didn't get this feeling walking in downtown Amman.

And yet...

This is a Four Seasons property. Compared to their other hotels in Istanbul, or Budapest, or Hawaii, etc. this was not absolutely impeccable in comparison, nor give that "one-of-a-kind" ambiance their other properties exude. Our corner room had knock-out views and was immense but the furnishings were sparse and the installed carpeting had a big pucker in it we kept tripping over. There was dust along the walls and under furniture. The remote TV battery was weak and died. The bottled water provided were small, and were not always provided each night without a call. Turn down service did not include a mat laid down on the floor next to the nightstand. Service at breakfast was friendly but disorganized and you wait a long time for that coffee refill. It's not that any of these things are in themselves very important, but one does not get the feeling of trying to go over the top in service here, as we have gotten used to in their other properties.

As with all top hotels in Amman, security is tight. There is both a street gate and a metal-detector you have to go through each time you enter the hotel. Security personnel are incredibly polite given the circumstances.

There is an interesting antique store in their shopping arcade with antique Syrian enamel vases from the Ottoman era, old Arabic calligraphy and Persian miniature prints of the Arabian Nights for instance. However prices are high and if you are going to Israel any time soon save your shopping for antiquities in Jerusalem.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 July 2010

Excellent service, breakfast, internet connection (all at a price of course). This is one of the best locations in Amman, with a staff ready to help with virtually anything. I always come back with great anticipation.

Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank VBretonne35
Reviewed 14 July 2010

Everything about this hotel was great except for one thing. The only thing that could have been better would have been the location of the pools. They were in the spa area while it would have been better to separate the pools, so ones the spa and the other ones for children. The rooms were spacious and had a lot of room. There were amazing restaurants and a lot of good choices of food to eat. There was also a salon if you want to get a haircut. The location was nice and the beds were very conferable. All I can say is it's a four seasons.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Super M
Reviewed 9 July 2010

Great service, fantastic rooms everything that I expected from Four Seasons. The staff always went out of the way to help you in every way they could. Price was reasonable and I will definitivly be back! Recoment to everyone traveling to Amman.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank rlarson1976
Reviewed 29 June 2010

I pretty much agree with everything else others have said about this hotel. It may not be the best choice for specific things but I can't fault it for anything except for its location which didn't inspire. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived so they offered us free drinks on the patio while we waited; that's a first for us. Spa facilities and pool area were adequate. But the lobby and lounge areas were very inviting. Makes you want to just come in, sit on the balcony, have a drink and relax. We were not particularly impressed with the Vivace restaurant but dining on the balconies was lovely.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelingFearlessly
Reviewed 31 May 2010

We've stayed in many Four Seasons around the world and this is certainly a very nice one. The rooms are nice and our exec suite was huge. The staff was friendly and extremely helpful. The place itself was safe, quiet, and visually appealing - all very good things.

We felt the restaurant food, while very good, fell just a bit short for various reasons. Lunch, for example, was an (expensive) elaborate buffet of foods from around the world. That sounds fine but I couldn't eat any of the meat offerings because they were too spicy or were prepared with dairy. They were nice enough to cook a steak for me instead but got it wrong - bringing it out nearly completely rare the first time and after I asked them to cook it more it came out entirely beyond well-done. It's great that they offered to do this but I really would have been happy with just a hamburger this day but that was not possible.

Dinners at the Italian place were similarly just not quite what they should be. For example, my Veal Milanese had a too-thin piece of veal with too much breading. A simple lunch we ordered from the lobby cafe took nearly an hour to bring to us.

I would have liked to give 4 1/2 stars but that's not possible. I just can't justify 5 stars with the food issues we had so 4 stars is it.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2010

Location: Not easily walkable to anywhere, as far as I could determine. When I suggested to the Concierge that I was going to walk to The Citadel, they laughed and then pleaded with me that I should take a taxi. Close to other Western hotels, however. Good security around the hotel. Taxi had to have trunk checked, and then there's an x-ray machine on your way into the hotel.

Rooms: Lovely Four Seasons standard. Nice bath products. (L'Occitane.) Nice bedding, towels, robes. Very comfy beds.

Breakfast: : Didn't try.

Staff: Nice. Although when I asked for a tour of Amman, their first inclination was to put me in a taxi. I was kinda hoping for a professional guide. Eventually, I ended up in a taxi with a nice driver who spoke some English for 15 dinars an hour. It was blazing hot out so I was glad that he drove me from one spot to the next.

AC: Of course.

Wireless: Yes, but not free. Pricey.

Little Things: Free fruit tray in room, plus free bottled water.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank Krista N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amman
2 mi away
Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel
Fairmont Amman
Fairmont Amman
#12 of 152 in Amman

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Amman? Share your experiences!