“valentines day”

Ranked #27 of 142 Hotels in Amman
Amman, Jordan
“valentines day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

I flew in from USA after long flight Hotel very good standard, service good, only one negative - naked young guy running around at 2 am bursting balloons, i would stay here again. Resturent Choice is very good. SPA and pool also very good.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank PeterUSA2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

My husband and I wanted a "nice" hotel to stay in at the end of our Jordan tour and was recommended this hotel by a travel agent. We didn't want to stay at a touristy international hotel like the InterContinental (which are the same around the world, we wanted something with a local flavour) so went with this choice - so glad we did!

The room (which was only a normal double bed room from memory) was very big with amazing views of Amman. Very clean, good sized bathroom.

The hotel itself is huge, with a spacious gym and separate spa / sauna / steam room facilities for men and women. There were something like 5 pools in this place. We felt that it was a little quiet in the communal areas but there was a good crowd at breakfast (which was fantastic - lots of fresh fruit and vegetables, egg stations etc)

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank travelserene
LeRoyalAmman, Manager at Le Royal Hotel Amman, responded to this review, 6 December 2014
Dear our Valued Guest

Warm Greetings From Le Royal Amman,

First we want to thank you for the time you spent on TripAdvisor to write your kind review and recommending our hotel.

We were delighted to know that you've enjoyed your stay and that we've risen up to your expectations,

Our aim is ensuring the comfort of our business travelers by offering them the highest standards of service.

Until your next stay with us, please accept our best Regards

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

The lasting impression of Le Royal Hotel for me will be the amazingly comfortable beds! I had the best night's sleep for a long while on my one night in Amman.
Centrally located with a can-do, helpful and friendly staff, this hotel offers both business travelers and holiday makers an exceedingly comfortable, professionally run and efficient hotel in which to escape the hustle and bustle of downtown Amman.
The restaurants are suitable for a wide variety of culinary tastes and breakfast set me up for the day!
I will recommend it for my friends and will stay there for my next visit.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Greg-of-Arabia
Dear our Valued Guest

Warm Greetings From Le Royal Amman,

Until your next stay with us, please accept our best Regards

Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

I spent two nights in this hotel in Amman, and enjoyed my stay. The hotel is large, and very popular with business travellers from around the world. It caters to these visitors with a wide variety of different themed restaurants and pubs.

The rooms are very spacious, with a large bathroom, comfortable bed and seating area. The spa and pool areas are excellent and beautifully decorated in blue tile. The perfect place for a post-arrival swim to stave off jet lag. There is a Ladies Only area and extensive spa offerings.

The breakfast was excellent, with huge variety of Jordanian and European specialities, including; omelette and dry cereal bar, baked goods, fruits & nuts, meats & cheeses, and Swiss muesli (which was extra delicious). I also enjoyed an excellent lunch in the lobby bar.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view on to the downtown of Amman.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TheTravellingMomYVR
clevedon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

This hotel was selected for me and having never stayed there I was a little apprehensive as it was a different area and no where to walk to - no real local shops or restaurants.

But the facilities were very good and the staff attentive - If pushed I would say the only slight let down was that I was sort of expecting more form the rooms....they were fine, but just the same dark enclosed feel and the attention to details was lost / maintenance issues...nothing dramatic but could have been better.

Overall though I would say it is another worthy contender in Amman for the premium market...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank CliveB
Baghdad, Iraq
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

I spent two nights in this hotel and found it very nice. I wasnt there long enough to take care of a lot of the amenities that they offered. The hotel has great eye appeal and appears to be in the center of Amman (although Im not very familiar with the city). The rooms were very nice, as were the bathrooms.

Outside of the room, I did go to the outside bar/patio where they offered drinks and hookah (shisha). The drinks were decently priced, considering Jordan is a country where you can only drink in the hotels (similar to UAE). The atmosphere and ability to look out over the city was beautiful. And any place that offers shisha is a business to my own heart.

I would recommend asking for a high floor, becuase its offers a great view.

Leaving the hotel

The hotel cabs are more expensive. If there is somewhere you want to go, like the mall, you can walk about 2 minutes down the street and catch a cab for about half what you would pay for the hotel cab. We found the cabs to be very easy to catch and we walked around the city as much as we could and until it got late. We didnt have a hard time catching a cab back to the hotel.

One only need to look at the photos on the website to see how nice this hotel is.

Room Tip: I would recommend chosing a high floor. The view from the window over the city is nice.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Amman, Jordan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

Checked in to a room that the bath tub was heavily damaged and dirty, Toilet seat cover was heavily scratched, bath towels smell bad. called the receptionist to have room move he said that they are full!!!! I do not care if you are full, it is not my problem!!
we took the room unfortunately, I had bites all over my body, to discover eventually that it was BED BUGS, I saw them walking around in bed!! can you imagine that!!
The room should be OUT OF SERVICE! this is not a 5 star.
We checked out and did not sleep over, we could not take it anymore.
We informed the receptionist at check out, and he did NOTHING except telling us that he will inform the management.

Will never come back and I will make sure to inform everyone that I know

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank SoooS
Dear our valued guest.

Warm Greeting From Le Royal Amman,

First you want to thank you for the time spent on TripAdvisor to write your feedback.

we are sorry to hear that we didn't exceed your expectations during your stay and sure i will forward you kind words and points to our management

Our aim is satisfying the needs and demands for our valuable guests like yours.

Best Regards,