“Friendly and Helpful Hotel Staff”

Jerusalem International
Ranked #71 of 143 Hotels in Amman
Singapore, Singapore
“Friendly and Helpful Hotel Staff”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I was in Amman to support my son in Asian Junior & Cadet Fencing Championship and chose to stay with the team in this hotel.

My experience is the staff are very friendly and helpful.

My guess is that the hotel is not used to this sudden spike in occupancy (due to the Championship and FIE referee course, also conducted in the hotel). I was assigned a corner room which I suspect is normally held in reserve. The room was quite quite big. However it was also dusty. I even found items left behind from previous guest. TV reception in the room was pretty bad too.

I asked to be put on a non-smoking floor. But I suspect that is a foreign concept. Guests from the next room were smoking with their room door open and the smell of smoke, which I hate, got into my room. When I called to the reception to complained, they were not particularly helpful.

Breakfast in the hotel was pretty good. With good mix of middle-eastern and western items. The coffee, of course, was not up to par, compared with the excellent Turkish or Jordanian coffee served by coffee stalls/shops all over the place.

At the price I paid, I must say that I am quite happy with the stay.

Room Tip: I think there is no such thing as non-smoking floor, just non-smoking room.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Value for money. Supermarket only 5 minutes walk. Food in hotel very expensive. Staff behaviour very good. Breakfast is very good. Hotel is old but maintained. Currency exchange rate same as airport rate.

• Stayed February 2014
Shoham
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Well, I didn't stay at this hotel but my mother in law did it last week. She is from Israel. I tried to reach her by phone 5 times through the hotel desk. Hearing her name (very Israelian) the first question was where she comes from? I told she is from Israel and she is travelling with the Israelian group. They put me on hold for 5 minutes every time I called, afterwards asked to spell her name several times and transfered my calls to different persons. Bottom line - I didn't succeed to reach their guest by phone. After the trip my mother in law mentioned that nobody from their group received the phone calls in the room even though some people fixed teh time for conversation with the relatives.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Leonid L

Travellers are raving about these Amman hotels

Jerusalem
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Very old hotel, rooms are spacious, but in need for major renovations.
Breakfast was OK, Staff were very friendly.
WIFI is available, not free of charge. Safe box was nit available in rooms.
Air conditioning was not good.
Location: on main street, easy to catch a taxi.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank nader y
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Spacious room, best value for money, very less entertainments, not located in prominent part of the city, staffs are helpful, rooms are big but boring interiors, internet is OKAY, food is average, best suited for short trips. Have stayed multiple times for short business visits... not recommended for long stays.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I stayed at the Jerusalem International for five days. The hotel is very spacious and has a really nice lobby to sit and relax in. The room and toilet were a good size and generally clean. I found the staff to be very helpful and the food was extremely good, particularly the desserts on offer. The only problem I had was that, despite the room and bathroom being cleaned every day, the cleaner neglected to clean the bathtub during my entire stay and, since I was sharing the room, I was quite annoyed at this omission. Nevertheless, I would stay at the Jerusalem International again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Awet Y
Chennai
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed there one night on our way back from Israel. We were on a travel through the holy land. The tour group was accommodated in this hotel. A smooth check in and check out. The room was ok. food was ok. Sleep quality good. A good place to spend a night. No fancy gadgets. The temperature adjustment was not very good in our room.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family