“Definitely not a five star hotel.”
Review of Bristol Hotel

Bristol Hotel
Ranked #35 of 143 Hotels in Amman
WILMINGTON
“Definitely not a five star hotel.”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for the location. This was my fist visit to the Middle East so my expectation may be off.
Service greatly varied from friendly to rude and terrible. We ate at the main restaurant a few times as well as the Luna lounge. We wanted to watch the World Cup, which was only being shown at the sports bar, but it is a smoking venue and the ventilation was horrendous. The front desk representatives had very limited English skills concierge didn't seem to want to be bothered we I asked about a tour .The housekeeping was very good, but only one bar of soap and no face clothes are the standard. Pool area was beautiful just off the restaurant, but gawking groups of men made it very uncomfortable.
I believe there are other hotels in this price range that may be more of what is expected in a 5 star hotel. As an American woman I would not recommend the Bristol if you are expecting a 5 star European or American hotel

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank DONNA R
Sami H, General Manager at Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Ms. Donna, thank you very much for the time spent to review your stay with Bristol Amman, we do appreciate that you chose our hotel.
it was not pleasant for us to learn that you have had a couple of issues , hence we would have appreciated your comments while you were staying with us where we could have acted on the spot for any concern about your stay, we kindly request detailed comments specially about service and concierge attitude in order for us to improve , kindly e-mail to gm@bristolamman.com .
we are looking forward to being at your service again in the future.
Best Regards,
Sami Hattar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed in February for three nights. It was the nosiest hotel I had stayed in ever!
First of all the room automatic door closers banged the room doors very hard - so that at any time of day you were bothered by load bangs from the door closings.
Also at night at 11 PM to be exact a live band came on in the top floor restaurant and bar and you could hear the music several floors down like they were playing in your room.
The rooms were large and clean but the excessive noise spoiled it.
Also the coffee at the breakfast buffet was horrible!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank blacmikOttawa_Canada
Sami H, General Manager at Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Sir, thank you very much for the time spent to review your stay with Bristol Amman, we do appreciate that you chose our hotel.
it was not pleasant for us to learn that you have had the noise issue , hence we would have appreciated your comments while you were staying with us where we could have changed you room location to meet your expectations with the sleeping experience. and regarding your feed back about the coffee its really appreciated as this the first time we recieve such a comment and we will definitely look in to it. please advise your next trip to Amman so can make sure that your stay is impeccable.
we are looking forward to being at your service again in the future.
Best Regards,
Sami Hattar

Travellers are raving about these Amman hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

stayed at this hotel as part of a travelsphere tour.our room was very noisy due to a generator or faulty air con unit outside our window so we had to change our room the next morning.this was done without any fuss and our luggage was moved while we were out.the next day half our towels were taken and not replaced,not even after we reported this to reception.
on the plus side the rooms were very clean and comfortable,breakfast was good with plenty of choice.dinner was again very good but not the same degree of choice.the bar,when you can find it is very badly lit with loud piped music,which probably explains why it was almost empty
all in all it's not a bad hotel but could go just a little further to make your stay unforgettable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Sami H, General Manager at Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Sir, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a good stay at our hotel. we appreciate feedback that we receive, we do hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.
Lisbon-Portugal
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This is a review of my first review in the Bristol Hotel.
After my first not positive review in the hotel, I'd a conversation with Mr. Ziad F, the General Manager at Bristol Hotel, that explained me that Bristol hotel was changing all the internet connections to a new provider. Indeed the connections improved drastically, and in my last stays in the hotel, I was able to have a decent internet connection. It was not a perfect connection, but if we consider that we are talking of free of charge internet connection, it was very good.
Regarding to the review of staff people not refilling the minibar, I believe that things didn't change that much. Ok, for sure staff was refilling my minibar often that in the first time, but not on a daily basis, so service is better but I think that still needs improvement.
Beside this, I really want to thank Mr. Ziad and all the hotel staff, once they were exceptional with all my requests and they did they very best to keep me 100% satisfied.
Really good improvement.
Thank you all, and specially to Mr. Ziad.
With my best regards

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Sami H, General Manager at Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
I really enjoyed reading your review on Tripadvisor. I shared it with the team and I can honestly say it put a smile on everyone's faces. The good compliments about your stay , It's guests such as yourself that create that dedication among all our team members to work harder and exceed our guests expectations-- we are happy that we were able to meet your expectations. Please come back and visit us again very soon!

england
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Arrived late at night and no problems with reception. Staff friendly and helpfull. We used this as our first stop on a tour of jordan. Beds very comfatble. Restaurant really nice and food more than adequate. Only problem, spoons in short supply, very strange!.Central to the sights of Amman. Sugest that you dine early as choice could be limited.

Room Tip: Make sure that you are on the south side. They have a disco, which upset some of our tour
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Sami H, General Manager at Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2014

Vantaa, Southern Finland, Finland
Reviewed 19 May 2014

A Arrived late night, got a room at seventh below the top restaurant, god party above. On second request at 0200 the music stopped.
As compensation got a nice suite for next night on the other wing.
Good service and breakfast.

Room Tip: Hotel got two wings, the one on left side has restaurants, party goes on until late night. One in...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Timo H
Sami H, General Manager at Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
We would like to thank you for the time spent reviewing Bristol Hotel, the staff enjoyed your comments once we read them about the food and the service.
We are looking forward to being at your service again in the future.
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

This is not the best hotel in the world but the staff will make you feel home in every word they say.
The elevators are a little bit slow but other than that my stay at the Bristol was perfect.

Hafed Luqman
Yemen

Ps. I was there when I had an international workshop it's a great place to have your events or ceremonies.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Sami H, General Manager at Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2014